Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too skinny page

Graeme is offline Junior Member

I have had a few comments lately that I am getting too skinny.

I have gone from 185 lbs to around 158lbs.I am about 13% bf can see my abs on a good day.

I have not been able to do any real heavy compounds lately due too injury in my ab (possible hernia).

I can do weighted push ups pull ups etc.

Has anyone else had comments that they have lost too much weight.

My performance i.e strength in the movements I can do does not seem affected .

Tarlach is offline Member

If you are eating PB and getting enough calories (and not doing major cardio) you can't loose too much fat.

If you are think you 'look' too skinny, then you need to put some muscle on.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I've gotten the "too skinny" comments too. I've been fat pretty much all my life, so I just figure my family can't really grasp the concept of me being thin. They're always making comments about "You need to stop losing so much weight. You look too thin." Now that I'm building some noticeable muscle, I just flex my bicep and ask them if that looks skinny to them. It usually ends the conversation abruptly- lol.

Thanks.I'm just not sure if it's the shock of the difference I have made in my body composisition.

Tarlach what is your bw bf% and height.

The reason I ask is I saw your pic on another forum.

Shine is offline Member

Always take into consideration the physiology of the person making the "too skinny" comment. Are they in good physical condition with a healthy amount of muscle mass and body fat? If not, then their judgments are rather worthless since they do not seem to know what a healthy body is. Would you listen to an anorectic starlet who told you that you were too fat?

Tarlach is offline Member

[quote]

Tarlach what is your bw bf% and height.
    </blockquote>

That was my before photo, as I am doing some weights this year.

I'm 6'1 and 183 lb or so. According this:

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholest...-2774-143.html

I'm 11% bf. No idea how accurate that is though...

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

musajen is offline Junior Member

Son of Grok had a post about this a couple months ago. People he works with were commenting on how skinny he was and worried he was taking it too far.

http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/02/quickie-for-today-dont-call-me-skinny/

Good read and good comments too! I think it boils down to some people not liking change, especially in who they are surround by. It threatens their status quo and might require them to make changes themselves.

I still have 20 lbs (and over 2 dress sizes) to go and people have said "Don't lose anymore weight! You will be toooooo skinny".

While I really appreciate the compliments, I really think people are just used to me being heavier.

I am tall and curvy, so I end up looking 'attractive' enough by carrying it proportionately, but people don't realize that I am more built like Uma Therman. I am supposed to be pretty lanky, due to my height (albeit I have WAY more muscle now! ;-), so I can lose a lot more weight than people really realize.

People have a poor perception of 'healthy', 'skinny', 'skinny fat', 'athletic build', etc. Like Madonna. Yes, she has SUPER low bodyfat, but lots of muscle. The media doesn't pick on her for being 'scary skinny', but they do call Lyndsey Lohan 'SCARY skinny' because she has not only obvious low body fat, but VERY little muscle.

I say "Let 'em all tell me I'm too skinny (when I get there), but I KNOW how healthy I am!".

BTW, I love the whole 'flex my bicep' idea. I can TOTALLY pull that one off! ;-)

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Sassa, I suspect primal women had some meat. I also suspect most men, regardless of culture, and primal or not; tend to like some meat as well, as long as it looks healthy (ie, not too much but enough so that she looks properly equipped to give birth without dying in the process). I'm all for embracing the meat!

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast