Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Doctor, page

sixtoesgirl is offline Member

Dear Doctor,

Primal Fuel
    Dear Doctor,

Thanks for nothing.

I came to you when I needed help the most. I could not run, I could not breathe and my skin itched and hurt. My nose and eyes would not stop running. There were days I didn’t want to keep living. You wrote prescriptions for pills, inhalers, ointments and creams. I suffered side effects. The pills made me groggy and sometimes outright sick, the inhalers burned my throat and the creams and ointments were just a waste of time and money.

I got depressed. I got fat. Then I got even fatter. I hated shopping for clothes. Giant t-shirts were my friend. I experienced levels of humiliation and self-loathing in retail store dressing rooms that you will never understand.

I hated the outdoors. I stayed in on countless sunny days. My allergies were horrible. I hated trees, flowers and grass. Everything outside made me itch. My body is permanently scarred. I still scratch at myself without even realizing it. It is habit and ingrained in my muscle memory to claw at the slightest skin irritation.

My nose was often chapped and sore from all the nasal problems I experienced. Coupled with the excess weight, I didn’t want to go outside. I hated public places. No one should have to look at me. I didn’t even look at me. My life revolved around indoor activities. I read books, I watched television, I did crafts. All of my activities were solitary and sedentary.

I tried dieting and exercising a few times. I didn’t want to be fat. I read up on proper diet and nutrition. I knew there wasn’t a magic pill to help me. I started walking and exercising the best I could. The asthma kept me from doing too much. I counted calories--every last crumb. I lost some weight. After a while, all the tedium of counting calories wore on me and I stopped. The weight came back.

You did not encourage me or give me guidance. I even asked you for advice when I came in limping from all the walking. I don’t think you even cared. Just give the fat girl another pill. An anti-inflammatory should do the trick. Push another pill, bill the insurance--the cycle never ends.
    “Hey, Doc, there’s a person under all that fat and she needs your help!” A cry for help that was never heard….

I gave up. I gave in. I resigned myself to being an invisible fat person. Fill the cart with cakes, cookies and candy. I might as well enjoy it. Defeat might as well taste good. Why not just eat icing right out of the can?

Thank goodness for human kindness and someone that extended a helping hand and friendship when it was needed the most. Help was offered. Initially I did not accept it. It was humiliating to need help. It was humiliating to be fat. I did not want life to be this way. Defeated and hopeless, I accepted the offer.

I listened. I learned. I read. No grains? No more peanuts? I struggled to understand it all. I followed directions. I took advice that sounded wrong.

Hey, Doc! Guess what! I don’t need your damned pills and inhalers any longer! The heck with you! I feel pretty damned good! I can run! I can go outside and enjoy a sunny day! I can go to sleep at night without a tissue stuck up my nose! In fact, I feel like I can do damned near anything!

Hey, Doc! Guess what? I didn’t need a pill or a fancy inhaler to feel better. I just needed to ditch grains. You don’t bother telling people about that, do you? Keeping people unhealthy keeps you in business. There aren’t any prescription drug company kick-backs for giving people advice in proper nutrition and finding the root cause of an ailment. There was no incentive for you to help me feel better.

I won’t ever eat wheat or grains again because I never want to see you again. You failed me over and over again. You could have helped me… but you didn’t.

I want the last 39 years of my life back. I could have enjoyed some sunny days. I could have had beautiful skin. I could have…..

Hey, Doc! How do you sleep at night? I sleep great! I am free from the asthma and allergies that used to keep me awake at night. I have so much energy during the day, although I am tired after spending my day in the sunshine running or bike riding.

I won’t waste another precious minute sitting around or standing in line for another one of your pointless prescriptions. I have to make up for lost time. I have smaller pants to buy.

Thank you, Mark!
    Last edited by sixtoesgirl; 09-19-2011 at 01:34 PM.

magz213 is offline Junior Member
    "I have smaller pants to buy." FANtastic. Go you!

Bravo!

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Just wow.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I think we had the same doctor!!! Welcome!

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic!

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Great! I hope you really send it.

~rc

sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    I never really sent it. There have been too many doctors over the years that it needs to go to..... I think we can all relate. Thanks everyone for all your encouragement & support. I truly appreciate it.

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by sixpack-rc; 09-19-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Not relevant.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow! Good for you...still think you should send it to some of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast