Thread: Dumbells and Barbell Primal Workout? page

irnmunkey is offline Junior Member

Dumbells and Barbell Primal Workout?

Primal Fuel
    Hi

Quick intro I,ve been Primal for just over 3 Months have lost 80lbs purely from diet alone and a bit of walking, playing football witht the kids etc.

I now want to start the more physical side and as cash is tight I'm going the home gym route. Basically I'm looking for some ideas for a short intense workout using dumbells and a barbell. Dont have a bench but can work something out if need one. Not got a lot of weight (50kg total) so needs to be high reps I guess. Gotta be able to do inside as the weather here in the UK is currently terrible!

I used to do a lot of weight training so know how to do all the diff movements just need some inspiration on getting it into a short intense form.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    check out the primal blueprint fitness guide. your bodyweight is the least expensive workout option there is

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    You can follow all of the workouts I post on Sandbag Fitness with dumbbells and a barbell too. Or you could get yourself a sandbag to train with too.

Plus, I'm based in Bath so you'll have the pleasure of knowing that I'm training in crap weather too!

irnmunkey is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Cheers for that. Looks good. I,m not far from you I,m just near Shepton Mallet.

Looks like I'll go find a sandbag!