Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so-how do you deal with the sweet tooth? page

talper is offline Member

so-how do you deal with the sweet tooth?

Primal Fuel
    i love sweets, and wanted to know - other then extravagante recipes, is the only option i have which available instantely is dark chocolate?
    are there any other sweets you can consume while going paleo or if you want to you will have to make your own?
    although im living far away from most here, other branded chocolate with added ingredients in them that are paleo friendly? or we should consume only 70+% chocolate and those come as they are?

oh i just remembered-for example can you consume those dry berries being sold on health stores..?
    Last edited by talper; 09-19-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I just mix in some stevia into thick cocnut milk with coco powder & a touch of lemon juice and mix with frozen berries.

Dry berries and fruit are fine on paleo/primal. You can also have a bit of honey or maple syrop once in a while.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

davem is offline Senior Member
    I remember a time when forum users would admonish people for starting the same thread over and over, and remind them to use the search function, and piggyback on a recent and already trafficked thread after doing some basic research of their own.

I'm old.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Egerland is offline Senior Member
    I make a lot of cakes using almond flour, sweetened with a product called whey low. Eggs, butter, almonds; all primal.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I found that going a full week without chocolate made the dark chocolate I had on Day 8 extremely delicious. Highly recommend Endangered dark chocolate (70% or higher), Dagoba dark chocolate with berries (74%, I believe), and Lindt dark chocolate (72%). I also like taking a bite of chocolate and a bite of raw almond.

Something else: after a while, I found that fruit tastes extremely sweet. So I'm starting to transition my desserts/sweet cravings to fruit, with the occasional dark chocolate.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Starve it- go 90-120 days with nothing at all sweet- no fruit, no AS, nothing. Fixed.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Starve it- go 90-120 days with nothing at all sweet- no fruit, no AS, nothing. Fixed.
    Did...you just abbreviate "added sugar" as AS? No offense, but the "diet" community seems to use the most obscure and pointless shorthand more than any other.

Though I have to agree that going as sugar-free as possible is the best way. It can just be an extremely hard addiction to break.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Nope, AS is artificial sweetener.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Ah, that makes more sense. I'd imagine these come as second nature to a lot of people here who have been dieting to varying degrees their entire lives but I'm still very much on the outside when it comes to certain terms.

Sorry for the tangent.

keevelish is offline Senior Member
    I used to have such a sweet tooth. Now I think 100% cacao baker's chocolate is divine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast