Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Uncephalized) page 5

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I FEEL GREAT. My workout went perfectly and I just ate a DELICIOUS PRIMAL MEAL. I feel so great I had to SHOUT ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET. My life is AWESOME.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I FEEL GREAT. My workout went perfectly and I just ate a DELICIOUS PRIMAL MEAL. I feel so great I had to SHOUT ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET. My life is AWESOME.
    Haha! Good stuff, Uncephalized. I know just how you feel: not just living life, but living the hell out of it.

Yeah, I'm having a pretty damn good weekend. I feel really good, fiancee and I are making serious headway on some projects we've been wanting to work on for a long time, and I've just been feeling active and get-shit-done all weekend.

I finally made a start on my backyard aquaponics system! Yesterday I built the frame for it:

One of the top barrels will be cut in half lengthwise and used as troughs for growing plants. The barrel on the ground will be a fish tank. I just picked up the pump, tubing and fittings I need to plumb everything together.

I'm going to use one of the extra barrels (or possibly both, I have 4 total) as another pair of troughs for growing duckweed and algae, to use as fish feed. So my inputs will be nothing but compost and yard refuse (which the duckweed troughs will process into plant protein) and water. Outputs will be edible vegetables, fruit and fish (tilapia). That's assuming I can grow enough duckweed to keep the fish growing. It's an experiment.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

This weekend I ate well, and got lots of good project work done. Lots of eggs, beef, bacon, chicken, sweet potato, and veggies (I did pick up Chipotle for lunch one day but stuck to the Primal-friendly options with a salad bowl). I really don't want to be at work today; I want to keep working on my grow system!

Today is a lifting day. My targets are:

Squat: 3x5 @ 165 lbs
    Bench Press: 3x5 @ 150 lbs
    Pull-up: 3x5 @ body weight + 7.5 lbs

Plus warmups.

My Primal Journal

I have realized that I really need to live somewhere with a cooler climate. As soon as summer weather broke and the days were not climbing into the 90s or 100s every day, it was like a switch got flipped and I started WANTING to go outside and work on things, take walks, run sprints, whatever. I just want to be outside all the time when it's not as hot as a flippin' oven.

We're laying plans to save as much money as possible the next couple of years and get the hell out of AZ to move somewhere nicer. We may even end up living in a trailer or something for a while to minimize expenses and put more money away faster.

My Primal Journal

So my workout went fine yesterday. I changed the order a little (pull-ups first) because someone was using the squat rack when I got there. I hit 5/5/5 on everything. Squats felt heavy! I'm glad I'm back up to the weights where I feel like I'm actually progressing instead of working back up to weight that I already know I can handle. I am super-focused on not re-injuring myself going forward, and am really trying to hammer my squat form as much as I can. It's just more difficult because I don't have someone there to yell at me if/when I start doing it wrong, so I have to go entirely by feel. I wish I could afford a knowledgeable strength coach.

Dinner was stewed beef, a boiled egg and a big sweet potato.

This morning I pan-seared some shoulder steak and cut it into strips to have with salad for lunch. I have 1.5 lbs so it should last me through dinner too.

My Primal Journal

Well I have spent at least part of my workday being productive. Now I feel like goofing off.

Well, what I actually feel like doing is going home, eating, and working on my aquaponics setup. But I can't leave at 5 when I didn't come in until 9:30 this morning. Doesn't look very good to leave before the boss when you arrive after!

My Primal Journal

I'm so full right now!

It's my birthday on Friday, so I got to pick the restaurant for our weekly lunch out at work. I picked sushi, and got a $20 all-you-can-eat. I demolished two huge plates full of nigiri--ahi, hamachi, snapper, butterfish, octopus, eel, salmon, and halibut. Easily $45-50 worth if ordering a la carte. It was delicious. And all the white rice will fuel my sprints later tonight.

My Primal Journal

One day until my birthday!

I'm breaking my fast right now with Chipotle salad, double chicken with white rice. I would be having grass-fed top sirloin and sweet potato but it did not thaw in time due to poor planning. Oh well.

I won't be able to work out tomorrow as usual, or all weekend, so I think I will bump up my Friday lifts to today. So my workout will be:

Squat 3x5 @ 170 lbs
    Overhead Press 3x5 @ 95 lbs
    Chin-ups 3x5 @ body weight + 12.5 lbs

My Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sprints felt good on Wednesday. Got 5 good hard runs in during my walk.

Yesterday went well in the weight room as well. I missed one rep on overheads, I think because I let my core loosen up toward the end of my second set and got a little wobbly, so I stalled out. I finished fairly strong on the third set, but I think I will go one more workout at 95 lbs before I go to 100.

It's my birthday! I am 24 years old today. There were balloons on my office door this morning and so far I have received a new Bodum iced tea pitcher with integrated infuser from the Mate, with a promise that there is something else on the way.

I'm knocking off early today to head down to Tucson for the weekend, see some family and friends. Should be fun, but I won't be making any progress on projects this weekend.

The Mate made me short ribs slow-cooked in a cast iron Dutch oven, with stewed veggies, bacon bits, and sweet potato for pre-birthday dinner, which was delicious after my workout. But it wasn't enough meat (it was a short rack of ribs) so I made myself a 12 oz sirloin for dessert. Grass-fed top sirloin = crazy delicious when pan-seared in a dash of coconut oil with a bit of pepper and garlic salt. I made another one this morning to have for lunch along with some greens. Looking forward to a noontime walk and break my fast about 1PM.

My Primal Journal

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast