Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Uncephalized) page 16

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Aww. But... it's shiny!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    You make a very convincing argument there. I find myself... oddly persuaded...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Damnit. I cooked myself up some grass-fed ground beef and a bunch of buttery Brussels sprouts for lunch, and then left them sitting on the table.

Maybe I'll just extend my fast until I get home tonight.

At least Mate is home to put them in the fridge for me.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Double damnit. I thought I was saved--coworker was going to In-n-Out and asked if I wanted anything.

"Yeah, two Double-Doubles, plain, protein style, thanks!" She even wrote it down, so I figured there would be no problem with this rather straightforward order.

Apparently that was an unfounded assumption. Said burgers returned not at all plain, but rather slathered in the evilest combination of ketchup, mustard and mayo. How could anyone choke down such a vile soup of awful, metallic-tasting, franken-oil-filled and just plain nasty fluids all over my beautiful beef, cheese and lettuce? It might as well be crocodile semen, or platypus spur venom, or the liquid flatulence of a diseased bovine. I can hardly even smell it without gagging. I hate mayonnaise and mustard that much, and this isn't even good mayo or mustard. It's the crap-in-a-bottle fast food kind.

I tried a bite as an experiment, and it actually, inexplicably, made my tongue and the roof of my mouth go numb. I'm not exaggerating. I'm just now regaining feeling.

The extended fast continues...

My Primal Journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uncephalized View Post
    how could anyone choke down such a vile soup of awful, metallic-tasting, franken-oil-filled and just plain nasty fluids all over my beautiful beef, cheese and lettuce? It might as well be crocodile semen, or platypus spur venom, or the liquid flatulence of a diseased bovine. I can hardly even smell it without gagging. I hate mayonnaise and mustard that much, and this isn't even good mayo or mustard.
    gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    gross.
    I quite agree, GP, and that is why the odious pile of inedible excretion is sitting, un-nibbled and taunting me, on my work table, when it should by rights be filling me with delicious beefy life-force.

I DEMAND SATISFACTION!

And when I get home, I will have some. Until then, I suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous hunger.

My Primal Journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I quite agree, GP, and that is why the odious pile of inedible excretion is sitting, un-nibbled and taunting me, on my work table, when it should by rights be filling me with delicious beefy life-force.

I DEMAND SATISFACTION!

And when I get home, I will have some. Until then, I suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous hunger.
    FAIL. I'm actually feeling twinges of guilt for having my lunch when you do not have yours. Isn't your work day over yet?

It's 2:48PM in Arizona right now. So no.

But I did break down and go get Chipotle. So my rage has lessened considerably.

My Primal Journal

Hooray! My freezer is once again full of grass-fed beef!

Also, since today is Saturday and I am not required to run my rat maze in order to earn my weekly pellets, the Mate and the Dog and I went for a lovely walk, followed by some lounging around and reading. We went shopping for some new jeans for me, followed by some shovelglove (I got her a 6-lb hammer and she is enjoying it, too), followed by a walk around the block with our hammers, which are yet to be named.

We made some ground beef and sweet potatoes for lunch, then I picked up 40 lbs of beef from the butcher, and we've been enjoying our afternoon at home.

And if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go for another walk. Cuz I wanna go outside.

My Primal Journal

I have been very bad. Not only have I been away from my journal, I have also been away from my diet far too often the past few weeks. So let's recap.

It all started when I had to go to WA for a week for work. We were put up in a pretty sweet resort hotel in the Columbia gorge, and meals in the hotel restaurant were on the company. So everyone there was eating huge awesome meals every day washed down with generous amounts of booze. For my part, I exercised little to no self-control and partook of copious portions of sourdough toast, hamburger buns, and french fries which I am sure were cooked in some horrifying franken-oil designed specifically by Monsanto for my artery-inflammatory and neuro-degenerative pleasure. Also, creme brulee. Also, beer. Also, wine. Also, ice cream. Basically, I stuffed my face like a half-starved pregnant sow.

Needless to say, by the end of the week I was feeling less than 100% on top of my game. I did manage to work out a couple of times in my room doing walking pushups, chair dips, and tuck jumps. No chinup bar was to be found. I also did a fair amount of walking both in the vicinity of the lodge and down to the little town down the street a mile or so.

Then the Mate flew up to meet me in Portland for the weekend, where we commenced to ignore any and all dietary restrictions for three more days. I did get a sweet Merino wool coat at the Icebreaker store downtown, though.

By Monday, when I returned to work, I was exhausted from a week of travel and staying up past my bedtime, as well as bloated and queasy from a week of wheat, sugar, and alcohol. This seems to have significantly impaired my willpower when faced with an onslaught of holiday-time sugar-coated poison pills brought in by my coworkers in a concerted attempt to finish me off.

But I have not perished! After restoring my 10:00 bed time over the past few days, and eating as much grass-fed beef and sweet potato as my body can hold, I have de-bloated. I have rediscovered the joy of my sledgehammer and worked myself hard with it 3 times in the past week. As though to show solidarity to my newly-redoubled willpower, the holiday workplace treat de jour was a homemade egg casserole whose ingredients were egg, cheese, sausage, spices, which was both delicious and guilt-free.

Daily 16/8 fasting seems to be keeping any weight gain in check. Mostly I damaged my GI tract a little, but that is healing as I cut out the cookies, etc. The rest of this week I plan to eat fairly low-carb (<100g) and mostly good meats and veggies with perhaps some yogurt and berries for variety, and get a couple more sledgehammer workouts in before Christmas. Lots of walking and general activity should ensue.

My Primal Journal

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast