Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Primal Birth Control page 5

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Animal intestine tied off at the end for a condom is very primal.

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    The point of condoms is that sex is most tempting and awesome while ovulating. Ovulation is when the body puts out hormones that make the brain go "I want sex. Lots of sex. But I might be ovulating...nah there's no way I could be ovulating, cause sex is great."

mamacaz is offline Junior Member
    ITA sapphire!! The worst thing about charting is avoiding sex just when your body is gearing up for it! Did it for 4 yrs (2 for contraception and 2 for conception). I know when I'm ovulating but really don't like condoms. So... Now that the contraceptive power of exclusive breastfeeding and 2 x 2yrs lactational amenorrhea and having small children in your bed has worn off... Vasectomy!
    Yay! Quick. Easy. And painless. For me!

Oh and I think paw paw seeds were used as an abortifacient, too. I used to know lots of them but then I had children.

huckie is offline Member
    We have resorted to condoms and I hate them but I hate the thought of more children more. The only time I even want sex is when I am ovulating so although I used the billings method when conceiving my son, it is of no use to me now. My hubby is getting neutered shortly, hopefully that will fix the problem lol.

mamacaz is offline Junior Member
    LOL huckie! That's what my DH called it too! haha! And my brother was given a jar by one of his mates - to keep his boys in!

Despite his week long misery face afterwards, DH seems to have survived. Just gotta keep him at arm's length until he gets the all clear - I have 2 friends with that 'extra' child and while I love my kids, another would just do me in.

Claraflo is offline Member
    Being bioloically infertile works for me. Apparently neem oil is a spermicide and a bottle of neem and a turkey baster is all you need. Mind you that came from India and they are not exactly sparsely populated....Lol!

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Claraflo View Post
    Being bioloically infertile works for me.
    Even so, be careful. If you observe fertile mucous, still take precautions. Of course, it turns out that what my friend's doctor meant by 'infertile' was 'a very low chance of pregnancy'. Luckily, she was okay with her surprise.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    I would never trust the rhythm or charting method. My mucus changes depending on what I eat, what soap I happen to use, if the wind is blowing from the north, a black cat crosses my path etc. I'm extremely sensitive to a lot of stuff which can really change my body chemistry fast. I would never be able to tell if my mucus color etc. was from being really horny, ovulating, or having a reaction to my soap/new toilet paper. I can't take BCP, so I go with condoms and if I'm really worried, condoms and pull out method. Sorry guys I know it sucks, but yeah no babies here.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. I took myself off birth control in July, and started charting and tracking and temping then, but I still don't trust it.

We use condoms if I'm in my fertile phase, and VCF when I'm certain I'm not. So far, so good.

shmee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I gotta echo the condoms.

However, dh hated condoms. SO he went for the vasclip.
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345