Thread: Rebuilding Healthy Habits page

NW.Sarah is offline Junior Member

Rebuilding Healthy Habits

Primal Fuel
    Hello, Primal World! I've missed you since our last foray 18 months ago. You helped me lose 10 lbs of the 20 I gained in grad school and made my previously endless sugarcravings nonexistant. I tried to visit this January, but didn't stay since the pressures and hours of this new job (which added another 20 lbs) kept my spirits down. My boyfriend misses you since you cut his insulin usage by 75% last time and helped him shed 5 lbs (Type 1 diabetic).

I'm working through some fear-of-change issues since this weight has become a comfort to me (sick, isn't it?), but I miss my old body and being able to take on challenging hikes and fit into my clothes. Last week, I got as far as cutting out gluten 90%, but I am still consuming too much sugar. I've been trying all my life to build healthy habits and thought I was there, but then life changed--a new city, grad school then a new challenging job, and my boyfriend (and his unhealthy habits) moving in. I'm done waiting though. I know the befits of Paleo, Primal, and Crossfit. I've felt them. It's time to get them back and build them into lifelong healthy habits.

Thanks to Mark and the wonderful community that has developed here! The articles and comments are inspiring. I hope to be one of those inspiring stories soon.

5'9" wt. 183

And it begins. Went to a yoga class at 24-hour fitness, then watched football and walked for 25 mins. Plan to do some serious primal veggie/meat cooking and pickle-making today. I love that there's such an active, primal recipe-making crowd. So many great ideas!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Sarah! You can do it!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks, Hedonist.

Monday:
    b - 3 eggs (from a local farm--very orange yolks!) with broccoli, 5oz americano w/ whole milk
    l - Salmon & roasted zucchini & onion- I'm very proud of myself for making the effort to prepare a lunch even though the kitchen was overrun with my pickling supplies and it was getting late.
    d - Roasted carrots

Tuesday:
    b - 4oz americano w/ whole milk (got distracted and didn't eat breakfast)
    l - 3 eggs w/ swiss chard (my would-be breakfast)
    s - mango
    d - salmon, roasted zucchini, hazelnut frozen custard

Lesson learned from today: when I have a light dinner and no breakfast, I tend to feel hungry for the wrong things later. I also started getting a migraine.

I've been getting my 15+ minutes of sun by eating outside and taking walks at lunch. I've also been moving more--using my standing desk, doing bits of yoga throughout the day--but full exercise is still elusive. It will come.

Wednesday:
    b - 3 eggs w/ swiss chard
    l - sauteed peppers & onion, steak, iceberg lettuce, guac, cheese
    s - 1/2 peach; dark chocolate mini
    d - salmon, sauteed swiss chard

Thursday:
    b - bacon, hard boiled egg
    l - salmon, roasted zucchini & onions
    s - dark chocolate mini
    d - salmon, sauteed swiss chard
    d - mango

wt. 179 (first time I've seen a 7 on the scale in a couple of months )