Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i was in church today, and it was wild page

dado Guest

i was in church today, and it was wild

Primal Fuel
    people in sweatpants, jeans. weak parents that can't keep their spoiled kids quiet. adults talking over the father, mid service. the church has no backbone, it's a weak religion. and the flock it preaches to is mostly garbage. i was disgusted.

people in shit-poor, war-torn bosnia look and behave better on a sunday than these overfed baboons.

man, i just had to share this. it was disappointing.

the only people that were dressed decently were the older couples, and me and my fiance.

very few people sing along with the hymns. they don't know how to celebrate the spirit. but they recite those chants like robots.

no life, no nothing.

i sang along, loudly, and i loved it.
    Last edited by dado; 09-18-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    well its gods job to judge, not yours

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    that's nonsense.

when you walk into a church in jeans or sweatpants, you spit on the church. there is no respect there.

jesus never said "don't judge"; otherwise, how would he be able to say "don't throw gems in front of swine"? this is a judgement.

judging is necessary to distinguish between the good things and the evil, and rolling out of bed and walking into church in your underwear and talking during the service is evil.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    The church I go to(well went to ) has a "come as you are philosphy". God does not care about the clothes you wear. God loves all. The rich, the poor, the wretched, the tired, the unfeeling. You have to open your own eyes to God's love. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your thoughts on why you go to church and worship. God will not love you more if you look "proper".
    Georgette

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    The church I go to(well went to ) has a "come as you are philosphy". God does not care about the clothes you wear. God loves all. The rich, the poor, the wretched, the tired, the unfeeling. You have to open your own eyes to God's love. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your thoughts on why you go to church and worship. God will not love you more if you look "proper".
    +1

personally I don't see why I have to go to Church to have a relationship w/God - I can step out side and dig in the earth and be thankful for all that I have.. no need to dress up for that... heck I can be on the loo taking care of business and talk to God if the desire strikes...
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

dado Guest
    It's about respecting the tradition.

When you walk into a church in sweatpants or jeans, when you talk during the service, you reject everything the church is about. You are in church for show, just to say you did it. You do not respect it, you spit on it. This is the problem.

Like I said, piss-poor, war-torn Bosnia looks and behaves better on a Sunday than these overfed sorry sacks.

It's about culture.

It's the same reason that a person doesn't eat on a paper plate for dinner but on a proper dish. Yea, you'll still get your nutrition off the paper plate, but you're living an ugly life. God is beautiful, don't bring that ugly look, that ugly mentality to a place of beauty.

Yea, I'll have to wash the ceramic dish afterwards, where I can just toss a paper plate out. But I've robbed myself of depth, of complexity, of beautiful expression. It's why a dish tastes better when it's plated properly. It's why you get more out of your experience in a house of worship when you're dressed respectfully.

And yea, you can relate with God everywhere, in the woods, on the beach, in the kitchen. God is everywhere. But church is about community, it's about CONTEXT. It's about depth of experience.
    Last edited by dado; 09-18-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    that's nonsense.

when you walk into a church in jeans or sweatpants, you spit on the church. there is no respect there.

jesus never said "don't judge"; otherwise, how would he be able to say "don't throw gems in front of swine"? this is a judgement.

judging is necessary to distinguish between the good things and the evil, and rolling out of bed and walking into church in your underwear and talking during the service is evil.
    You must not have read your bible then. Jesus loved the wretched in tattered clothing just as much or more than the people dressed in elaborate robes. Something for you to think about. What if one of the people in your church dressed in sweats or jeans was the resurrected Jesus? You wouldn't know. You need to learn to treat everyone the way you would like to be treated. Clothes do not make the man. It's the thoughts and the heart of the man that makes the person. You could be dressed to the nines and be an asshole.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    It's about respecting the tradition.

When you walk into a church in sweatpants or jeans, when you talk during the service, you reject everything the church is about. You are in church for show, just to say you did it. You do not respect it, you spit on it. This is the problem.

Like I said, piss-poor, war-torn Bosnia looks and behaves better on a Sunday than these overfed sorry sacks.

It's about culture.

It's the same reason that a person doesn't eat on a paper plate for dinner but on a proper dish. Yea, you'll still get your nutrition off the paper plate, but you're living an ugly life. God is beautiful, don't bring that ugly look, that ugly mentality to a place of beauty.
    Then find or start another church that meets your holier than thou standards.
    Georgette

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I know how you feel. I go up to serve and there are people wearing stuff I wouldn't be caught dead in and yet, they are serving!!! Flip flops, strapless dresses...

But then I remember: He didn't come to save to healthy, but the sick. Then I pray, sing loud, dress nice, cover my head, and keep a positive attitude. My religion doesn't depend on what THEY do, but what I do!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!!!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Gweebles is offline Member
    wow you must be going to my local church. One of the many reasons I don't go there anymore. When I do go, I drive 40 minutes to the church that takes you as you are, doesn't stick to "traditional" hymns (they have a rock band) and teaches you that Jesus loved the lowest of the low as well as those who dressed good. In fact, he questioned those who were rich and asked if they would give up everything for him...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast