Thread: Bullet Proof Skin Made From Spider Silk & Goats Milk!?? page

TimBell is offline Senior Member

Bullet Proof Skin Made From Spider Silk & Goats Milk!??

Primal Fuel
    What the heck!!??? So scientists have created a skin like material made from a genetically modified goats milk with spider silk like characteristics ... =O SNap(R) News & Updates: Scientists made a Bullet Proof Skin
    Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

dado Guest
    i would like a t-shirt from this material, so i can walk into firefights

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    There is a companycalled Nexia in Montreal Canada that developed and has been raising these goats for quite awhile now. they are working with the US Army on various prototypes using the Spider silk.
    I believe they developed these goats in 1998. The spyder silk product is called bio-steel

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Gah, we never learn.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Lovelessk is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Gah, we never learn.
    Western Civilization would like to have a word with you outside.

Bad science is bad science and has ramifications that can stretch through generations. Good science makes the world a better place.

Living paleo in a modern world is great. It's also something that was brought to me through the INTERNET! I connect to the internet through a network of amazing fiber optic cables on a computer using parts from all over the world shipped to me using 1,000,000 year old animal juice.

Science is awesome. Especially when it makes bullet proof jackets that save lives.

This story is old, but one of the many applications of this silk is surgical bandages and bullet proof lining (you still need a ceramic plate to make anything wearable bullet resistant). All life saving goals in a cruel and uncaring world.
    Last edited by Lovelessk; 09-18-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: missed some zeros

Monty is offline Senior Member
    I heard about this a few years ago. The old air force base in Plattsburgh, NY was used for testing/experimenting.
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelessk View Post
    Western Civilization would like to have a word with you outside.

Bad science is bad science and has ramifications that can stretch through generations. Good science makes the world a better place.

Living paleo in a modern world is great. It's also something that was brought to me through the INTERNET! I connect to the internet through a network of amazing fiber optic cables on a computer using parts from all over the world shipped to me using 1,000,000 year old animal juice.

Science is awesome. Especially when it makes bullet proof jackets that save lives.

This story is old, but one of the many applications of this silk is surgical bandages and bullet proof lining (you still need a ceramic plate to make anything wearable bullet resistant). All life saving goals in a cruel and uncaring world.
    +1 , if I can wear a sheep coat and not feel unsafe on the bricks, this is great consumer product.