Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's my birthday, so it's a great day for some success! page

Westly is offline Senior Member

Today's my birthday, so it's a great day for some success!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Alright, so, basically, I started Primal on September 1st, and, I've really become a believer.

I've lost 23lbs sofar (Not since September 1st, but since my highest weight, of 275) and a pretty healthy chunk of that has been on Primal. I love feeling how I feel every morning.

My SO (Not exactly supportive...don't ask..) said that he's noticing that I'm starting to lose weight, and I've started to have to wear a belt on my favorite pair of shorts. So, that's always a bonus.

I make all my own food, I set up food in my refrigerator for my needs, and I try to make it a lot of fun.

Anyway, I'm not all that much changed, but:

And now:

I look a little thinner, at least I think so. And that's just seventeen days!

So, happy 14th 17th birthday!! (I'm 31, but I swear I've turned 17 14 times!)
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday and congratulations!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    happy b day, keep it up!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the weight loss, and happy birthday! Is it just the pic, or has your skin cleared up a lot too?

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    My birthday too but 20 years better than you! Paleo/primal for 10 months and loving it. You definitely look better and happier--love the smile!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Happy birthday!!!! Keep up the great work/attitude!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Thank you all, it was stellar! I made a primal cake, had an awesome Taco Salad (Like, it was HYUGE!) out of my first pound of Grass Fed Beef, with raspberries and cream for dessert! Was AMAZING!!

Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss, and happy birthday! Is it just the pic, or has your skin cleared up a lot too?
    It's not just the pic! I've actually got the ABSOLUTE WORST CASE of "Chicken Skin" (Keratosis Pilaris) I've ever seen, I'm COVERED in it.

But 18 days Primal, and it's clearing up. The hairs on my arms aren't kinked anymore, and the red rash looking skin is fading. Even my CW husband was like "Wow...you're doing something right!"

I've never seen myself without my KP. It's going to be AMAZING when I can show off my arms without people thinking I'm contagious!

I try to keep the contagions to my infectious smile!

@Scotty-

Happy birthday!! I hope it was awesome for you!! It was totally awesome for me!
    Last edited by Westly; 09-18-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Spelling and capitalization fail...
    Down from 275 to 250!

TheDarkMistress is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday! You definitely can tell you have lost weight, especially around your eyes and neck. Your smile is Beautiful.

My KP is almost gone. It had moved from upper arms, to lower arms and legs, to lower abdomen. I had it for like 20 years and had tried everything!
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

Thanks! DarkMistress!

Aww, thank you! I'm happy about my smile, it looks so...happy! I don't normally cheese so big, but...Now I totally do!

Yeah, I've got KP down to my wrists, and my knees, all down my back, along my sides, and on my chest and belly. Pretty much everywhere but the palms of my hands, and the soles of my feet! I've tried everything, every soap, cream, detergent... And, Primal's the only thing that has even begun to make it look better. It's almost GONE on my lower left arm, and I don't feel like a gila monster anymore to the touch!

I was always fairly self concious of it, and tended to pick at it like mad, or wear long sleeves, and I was knitting myself some elbow length gloves to cover it... I guess I can sell those on Etsy now!! ^_^
    Down from 275 to 250!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You can definitely see some dimple action in the second pic too! Great success to you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast