Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicken Wing recipe anyone? page

Van Viz Guest

I have 4 whole chicken wings that I need to cook up but I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Anybody have a tasty and preferably easy recipe for da wings?

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Only 4 wings? Jeez, just fry them up and slather them with some hot sauce. It seems like way to few wings to start up anything major

danmerk23 is offline Junior Member

I roast them in the oven at 375 slightly covered. The fat from the skin will keep them moist. Finish with hot sauce once the meat falls off the bone.

Van Viz Guest

What would be the best thing to use if I wanted to have a nice crispy coating on those wings? Would something like almond flour do the trick? I've never tried pan frying my own wings before so what would be the best oil to use to keep things Primal?

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Van, you can deep fry your wings in either coconut oil or beef tallow. They have a high smoking point so you don't run a risk im burning the oil and oxidizing it.

If you want to bake the wings and have them have a crispy coating, try using plain bacon cracklings or pork rinds. Just break them up until they look like corn breading and coat your wings with it.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Frank's Red Hot mixed with melted butter- now that's the best wing sauce EVER.

FairyRae2 Guest

When we make wings, we cover them in this:

http://www.nourishingdays.com/?p=1416

Although, if my ds could do butter, I'd totally be doing the red hot and butter wing sauce.

Speaking of wings, I haven't found any pastured/organic/free range wings. B/c they are so full of (delicious) fat, I've avoided them (as CAFO meat tends to have more toxins in the fat, from antibiotics, more omega 6s, etc..) What are your thoughts on this? If you DO do regular old CAFO chicken wings, how often do you do them, and do you do anything special to combat the toxin issues? (I have gotten in the habit of buying organic, 'free range' chicken legs instead of wings, as they are cheap at my grocery store and *almost* as yummy as wings...)

Mr B Guest

i'm gonna lay the smackdown on chicken wings right about.....NOW:

turn oven to 400

take however many wings you have and pat them dry with a paper towel or whatever.

season them (liberally to taste) with sea salt, black pepper and caribbean jerk seasoning mix

when the ovens hot...put them in the oven for about 20-30

right before you take them out, melt & mix:

2 tbsp butter

1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1-2 tbsp lousiana hot sauce

1 tbsp parsley

1-2 tbsp parmasean (sp?) cheese

liberal helping of cayenne pepper

take wings out of the oven, drain off any liquid, slather on that tasty mixture of liquid heaven and put them back in the oven for another 20-30 min.

that there will be a party in your mouth. i promise you.

i'd post pics, but i don't have any.

wug
    wug is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

As a child and even now as an adult... I still can't resist soy chicken wings... (ok ok, so soy sauce isn't primal, but soy sauce isn't THAT bad).

Put wings into saucepan of soy and let it slow simmer.

Except of course, it's not crispy.

and FairyRae2, does it ever strike you as strange that you can get free-range chicken legs but not wings? Where do the wings go?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast