Thread: Any ideas? page

sires6 is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Any ideas?

Primal Fuel
    Ok, so I have to admit, I am not a groky kind of exerciser. I don't like running... sprinting, lifting heavy weights.

Pooh. I am a computer geek. I like sitting around playing with computers.

I don't have a sidewalk that I can walk on, in fact, walking on my roads is taking one's life in one's hands. I'm lazy.

I need some motivation.

Eating Grok, got it. I don't even really like bread so much anymore. And milk chocolate is too sweet and makes my stomach cramp.

Where to get the motivation to move my feet?

Home schooling, stay at home Grokette.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

peril is offline Senior Member
    You can sit around and wait for something bad to happen or you can stop it happening. Noone's choice but yours. If you don't think its important you won't act
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I started to wear a pedometer. It connects to my computer and I can track trends. I would work to move more in your house as a start. Figure out what your average steps per day and then try to increase that number over time. Not optimum because you aren't getting the vitamin D but better than sitting all day.

I also clean house to swing music. It helps if you can manage to find something you love to do, or at least that you don't hate.

Is there a YMCA near by, they usually have swimming and yoga, tai chi classes, etc.

Do you take the kids out to the park or to a museum or something like that? Must get walking in there. Maybe you could do it as a (at least) once a week adventure.

For the weight lifting I am working through the progression for the 5 essential movements...mark sisson progression - YouTube

And finally if you are 'lazy' and doing primal at least 80% of the time and still too unmotivated, you may want to check about your sleep habits/patterns.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Just commit to doing it for 30 days and see what happens.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    How old are the kids? Figure out a way to incorporate P.E. into your curriculum and kill two birds with one stone.

dado Guest
    I always say, go hard or go home, so say this to yourself.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    I am a homeschooling mama too, but I love lifting. I think you should just start doing SOMETHING. Set some goals and decide how to meet them. maybe a handstand against the wall? Or touching your toes, or deadlifting 150 lbs or whatever.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As I've said once before on another thread..."Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!"