Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Derby Girls Thread. . . page 7

JLW1084 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Thats great! I do my first scrimmage thursday doing the jam timing. Im excited to see the girls in action against another team. I have still been skating recreationally outside since its been pretty nice.

Im glad business has been good for you!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    So, NSO'd the bout last night, too.

I'm looking forward to learning the penalty wrangling as the next step (I think), and getting into that more. Also starting to sort the schedule so that I can casual skate again.

But in cooler news, it looks like there's some idea about forming a rec-league.

JLW1084 is offline Junior Member
    cool. I learned penalty wrangling at practice last night. Its a piece of cake. Most of the jobs are really. I have still been skating casually. The rec-league sounds like an awesome idea!

jeanjukepicard is offline Junior Member
    Ooh, this is great!

I'm a rookie with the Atlanta roller girls and have been Trying to be primal for a while.. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Primal Fuel for before or after practices? I've been struggling to find something easy to eat before i get there to keep my energy up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Jean-Juke Picard

i don't do protein powders and the like, so I really can't say.

I just kinda go as i go, i guess.

I'm looking forward to less work and more play, but these days, it's still mostly work. Great work though, and I'm thankful for it.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I'm fresh meat here at my league in NH (just about to leave for practice!). I try not to eat a ton because our space is really hot. Just a banana if anything before. I don't do protein powders either.

I've been NSOing bouts and am looking forward to really getting into understanding all of the penalties. Skills assessment in one month!

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    So ignoring the spambot . . . I did my 1st 5 laps in 1 minute tonight. i was at 1:04 so need to ramp that up to pass skills assessment on 7/31. A little worried about 25 in 6 minutes but am pretty good with endurance. Nailed my turn around toe stops tonight - woohoo!

AmyP is offline Member
    Hello derby players!!! I just found this thread and am excited to talk to you all. I play in WI...have been playing for two years now and paleo for a lot of that. I still struggle with my eating and weight tho...

My first questions is....what is this 25 in 6!!! We had to do 25 in 5 minutes and it was HORRIBLE. Still is for me...I am not a natural athlete nor skater! I just try really really hard.

My pre-practice fuel is dark chocolate covered espresso beans. They are allowed only before practice and are eaten in the truck on the way as to limit amount. They are also kept in the truck because...well...I struggle with correct choices and amounts sometimes!

I've been NSOing, too, but not able to dedicate the time to the meetings right now. I"m setting up my business to finish teaching at 3:00 so that I can have some time at home with DH/DS and then head out to meetings/trainings (at 7pm) just as DS goes to bed.

I'm so psyched. Should be back at skating on WEdnesdays in Sept/Oct, and then hopefully will do more NSO and maybe move into officiating next year.

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Gosh, and darn it! I thought this was a thread about 'fit' paleo-girls in Derby (an English city, nearby.)
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast