Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much sleep does everyone get? page

Mr.M is offline Senior Member

Just wondering how much hours per night everybody gives themselves to sleep.

Lately I've been getting less and less sleep (just staying up later)...but I'm fairly certain sleep is a pretty important component of living healthy.

Think during the week I would average 5-6, then weekends 7-9. Thinking 5-6 is too low for myself...don't really feel "recharged" during the week...its more a gradual deterioration, with the Fri workout being mentally equivalent to climbing a mountain.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I find that I function most optimally on anywhere between 7 - 8 hours. A little less is OK but I can swing more than that, I'm game! I love sleep.

Summer months I can function quite well on about 5 to 6 hours.

I grok, therefore I am.

maba is offline Senior Member

8 hours on an average. This morning I set my alarm for after 6.5 hours as I went to bed late but just couldn't wake up and snoozed for 1.5 more hours!! It's just so difficult for me to function on less than 8 hours during winter.

madMUHHH Guest

go_ginger_go Guest

7-9 plus a mandatory nap (I get cranky without my nap). More in the winter.

Katt is offline Senior Member

Not anywhere near enough. :/ 7 1/2 hours most nights. But I only get 5 a night all too often. I remember as a teen that I would sleep at least 9 hours, and often up to 12.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

soror is offline Senior Member

Usually go to bed at 8:30p w/ the kids and wake up at 5-5:30 w/ the smallest and then nap off and on until 6:30-7 when the other 2 get up. Take a cat nap in the afternoon w/ the toddler and baby while the 5 y.o. has movie time.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

gazb is offline Junior Member

Short answer: not enough.

Long answer: I generally get 5-8 hours most nights, but there's usually at least one night when I get closer to 3. I'll catch up when I can, either by having an early night or sleeping in at the weekend. Not ideal but I just about get by. I'd like to sleep more but I just don't have the time, life's too busy, mostly work (necessary evil right now), music practice, and a very active social life. Wednesday nights are the killer as there's a club night on that plays great music and lots of my friends go to so I always end up staying till 3am.

bogusjourney is offline Junior Member

About 9 hours since eating primally; before that, usually 7.

krisssi Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

When I have school or work in the morning then I sleep about 7 hours a night and it keeps me satisfied. I usually sleep late on sundays though, up to about 11-12 hours.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast