Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: paleo bread's that actual stick together? page 2

loligoss is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I made Elana's Paleo bread several times now. Love it, it's the only type of bread that feels, tastes and is filling bread. Hubby loves this one. I have tried many others but this one is a winner.

blueballoon is offline Member
    I also like Elana's paleo bread. If you're concerned about over-heating the fats in the flour, etc., I wouldn't worry *too* much. Most bread recipes only heat to about 210F internally when completely baked. (I know some people are very vigilant about that stuff, but I'm not--at least yet.) At any rate, that is the best recipe I've tried thus far... and I've tried several.
    My blog (primal after 8/5/11).

Brent* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueballoon View Post
    I also like Elana's paleo bread. If you're concerned about over-heating the fats in the flour, etc., I wouldn't worry *too* much. Most bread recipes only heat to about 210F internally when completely baked. (I know some people are very vigilant about that stuff, but I'm not--at least yet.) At any rate, that is the best recipe I've tried thus far... and I've tried several.
    yeah, I just made this bread and it is really good. Is there really a consensus out there on overheating the fats in the flour. Can it really be that bad? Would be curious what the rest of the community thinks becase this bread is a winner. Would be curious how many carbs are in a slice though.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    I find upping egg content or adding mild cheese to any regular paleo bread recipe helps.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

primalblonde is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by fishergirl106 View Post
    Here is a similar recipe from Elana's Pantry: Paleo Bread | Healthy Gluten Free Bread Recipe | Elana's Pantry

I made it, and really enjoyed it; it was firmer than any other paleo/primal bread I have ever made, and the taste of it was pretty fantastic. I did have to bake it for about 10 more minutes than the recipe states, and I just used a regular loaf pan lined with parchment paper instead of the loaf pan she recommends.
    +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12