Page 98 of 181 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 98

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can't imagine why . . . Actually, I prefer sitting on a horse- they're less likely to trip over their own feet and fall over said steep drop-off. I would love to just balls-to-the-wall race across some plains, but I think I've spent too much time around show horses. What if there's a hole in the ground? What will the plants do to their legs as they whip by? *sigh* Stupid Thoroughbreds.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Garden of the gods is not about steep drop offs at all. It's a lot of paths/trails through an area where huge red rocks jut out of the ground - really amazing scenery - not too much elevation change (at least not in all the parts I have been). I totally hate the shear cliff business like where cliff dwellings are - I mean - how did these people not loose all their kids in accidental falls and the like!

Balls-to-the-wall is a phrase that started in WWII. The throttle handle on the P-51's (correct? I think) had ball-like knobs, so to put the balls to the wall meant pushing the throttle against the firewall, or wide-ass-open. History lesson over.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    thanks for the random history lesson (i love those). sounds like a fun trailride.

I am so sharing that with my Dad. I'm all for random factoids

It was fun. There was one spot that I was eye-balling, but I just hung on to the saddle and the horse took it in stride. Other than that, it is a very nice (not cliffy) ride. I keep forgetting that the horses out here aren't like the pampered show/race animals I'm used to dealing with
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    This is the first thing I thought of.

Bwahahaha!

Smartass.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    (inbox emptied)

S- Strawberry Orange Julius. I needed to break a $20. Ok, fine, I wanted one. And I'm still down .5# today.
    D- cottage cheese, red wine (super duper healthy)
    B- greek yogurt/raspberries/blackberries, tea/cream, coffee/cream/CO/D

I got one application printed- another will be filled out online. Movies tonight, though! And I'll see if the farmers market is open tomorrow- woo hoo! I'm having a hard time remembering it's May since it snowed last weekend on the field trip and Pikes Peak has a new white coat as of two days ago.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    The only farmer's market that is open, that I know of, is up in Monument. I like the one at Acacia park and the one at the Margarita. They all have names, but I don't remember them, just the locations.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

You and your cottage cheese!