Page 93 of 181 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 93

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If the cold weather and black flies would be suitable to you, I think you'd like the Maine environment.
    Well, I just love cold and flies so...oh wait, no, I am not a fan of either. Also, I am not sure I could deal with the politics of the NE. Then again, my wife keeps bugging me to move to NY. Remind me why I married a communist, uh social democrat.

We could always use more canios in Alabama.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    We could always use more canios in Alabama.
    I do like the SE and lived in the FL Panhandle (aka. South South Alabama) for a long time. I've been looking for work out that way, just so far nothing. Hmm...I need to check to see what is open at Ft Rucker.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I don't really like the politics anywhere, I don't think I'd be happy in any particular environment in that respect. Well, I'll be sure to remember to ask you where to go if I ever make it to the Southwest. I've experienced dry heat once in my life (LA (as in Los Angeles, not to be confused with the state of Louisiana)) and I loved it, I am quite tired of humidity. At least it's not as bad up here as it is in the Southeastern/"Deep South" states.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I do like the SE and lived in the FL Panhandle (aka. South South Alabama) for a long time. I've been looking for work out that way, just so far nothing. Hmm...I need to check to see what is open at Ft Rucker.
    We have the Redstone Arsenal pretty dang close to us...is that in your line?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    At least it's not as bad up here as it is in the Southeastern/"Deep South" states.
    Yes, there's quite a difference in "whew, I'm hot" and "Holy crap I can't freakin' breath".

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'd move to Maine in a minute. Even with black fly season. However, I am not yet independantly wealthy, and there are no jobs.

On the other hand, I love the wide open spaces out here. I mean, move a little east of the mountains or up in Wyomingish area and 1,000 acres is a hobby farm. You can't get 1,000 acres in Maine unless you're willing to go into the North Woods. Tempting, but there are lots of trees there, already. Now reforesting Wyoming on the other hand . . .

When I moved out here I would overhear people complaining about how humid it was. Huh? My sweat's still evaporating. That means it's not humid.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    mostly sunny, cloudy once in a while but that usually results in precipitation. politics are mostly great, except when it comes to women. otherwise, non-gender related politics are great.

we honeymooned in northern NY during part of black fly season.

Went to Portland ME last August for a wedding, and loved the place. Had always wanted to visit Maine. Wedding was on Peaks Island in Casco Bay, unbelievably beautiful. Portland has a real nice vibe, and everything is walkind distance. Can't go a block without tripping over a great place to eat or cool little pub.

Best bet would be to live ~6 summer months in, say, Maine, and ~6 winter months in some Caribbean spot. Living off one's fabulous independent wealth, natch.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    mostly sunny, cloudy once in a while but that usually results in precipitation. politics are mostly great, except when it comes to women. otherwise, non-gender related politics are great.

we honeymooned in northern NY during part of black fly season.
    Sounds perfect! Ok, except for the women thing. But they can pretty much kiss my patootie on that score.

Hmm- I guess that just encourages staying indoors

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Went to Portland ME last August for a wedding, and loved the place. Had always wanted to visit Maine. Wedding was on Peaks Island in Casco Bay, unbelievably beautiful. Portland has a real nice vibe, and everything is walkind distance. Can't go a block without tripping over a great place to eat or cool little pub.

Best bet would be to live ~6 summer months in, say, Maine, and ~6 winter months in some Caribbean spot. Living off one's fabulous independent wealth, natch.
    My baby brother lives in Portland. Um, that Portland. The one on the Right Coast. I had tossed around the idea (you know, when I become a fabulously wealthy author) of having a townhouse in Boston for a few weeks/a month here and there throughout the year and my ranch out here. However, an apartment in Portland wouldn't be a bad idea either . . . Casco Bay is gorgeous.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula