Page 92 of 181 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 92

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm currently in finance. I need to get out because I have gone from believing it's a neutral force (and at least I was working for one of the better companies) to being convinced that it is, at best, a negative force on the world. I may as well be working for BP. (I told someone about the eyeless shrimp- they said, so? I'd eat 'em anyway. *facepalm*) The problem I seem to be having is I have no idea where to go and I'm so very, very bitter right now, that I'm not in the best place to be making big decisions. On the other hand, if I'm this bitter in May, then it's not going to get better until I have made the decision and left.

Do you have snow? If I have snow, I'm good. In fact, my big ranch needs to be further north of here partially because I need snow. That, and The Springs is this freaky little bubble where it doesn't precipitate. Drives me batty.

I don't want to move yet. I'm not one of those people that makes friends easily so moving isn't such a big deal. However, if it's near you, Saoirse . . . As long as the touchy-feely neighbor won't object to being decked by me. What I need is health insurance and purpose.

Looks like I'm starting this week at the same weight as I ended last week. Given yesterday's indulgences, I'll take it. I was tired of perpetually feeling like 10# of shit in a 5# sack, so I broke down and picked up a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of blouses at Ross on Friday. Tried on a pair of dress pants, but they didn't fit well enough to pay $15 for them One of the blouses- I think if I lose enough weight for my legs to reappear (they are currently in hiding) then I can turn that one into a short dress. I know that "tight" is in, but one of the great-grandmothers I was named after, my mom's favorite grandmother, was a seamstress. I know how clothes are supposed to fit. Most people probably wouldn't care, but I hate how badly mine fit right now. I also hate the idea of spending money on fat clothes. Can't win.

Oh- I was told that I wasn't "big." I was "womanly." This is from the guy I'm dating. I might be smaller than his wife, but I'm 100# over what CW thinks I should weigh (that's a depressingly round- rotund?- number) and 70# over where I would like to be. How is that not "big?" Flattery only works when we can pretend it's true.

B- tea/cream, coffee/cream/CO/D, greek yogurt/blackberries
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I'm currently in finance. I need to get out because I have gone from believing it's a neutral force (and at least I was working for one of the better companies) to being convinced that it is, at best, a negative force on the world.
    This seemed to fit. Not exactly but...eh, whatever...

demotivational-posters-banks.jpg

Nope- that's about it. Yep. Right there.

Oh- I did discover an up side to being a mental/emotional mess. There's no reason to fret that Garden Guy hasn't gotten back to me. After all, it's not like I ought to be reaching out to new people right now anyway. It's all about the silver lining. *brushes annoying black cloud away from face*
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

canio6 Guest
    Nope- that's about it. Yep. Right there.

Oh- I did discover an up side to being a mental/emotional mess. There's no reason to fret that Garden Guy hasn't gotten back to me. After all, it's not like I ought to be reaching out to new people right now anyway. It's all about the silver lining. *brushes annoying black cloud away from face*
    Hmm...I am no expert, but I think you may be doing this whole silver lining thing the wrong way.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    sorry about the crappy feeling. i get that way too.

hmm...snow? sometimes a lot, sometimes almost nothing. there are a lot of microclimates around here. up in the hills more, they usually get a lot more snow. closer to "town" (the major town, there are a lot of smaller towns), not so much snow. our area is a popular outdoorsy destination; hunting, hiking, camping, fishing, horseback riding, rock climbing, mountain biking, etc. there are at least a few primal/paleo people in town whom i know, i'm sure there are more. we also have a crossfit gym if you're into that sort of thing. i'm always seeing ranchland go up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hmm...I am no expert, but I think you may be doing this whole silver lining thing the wrong way.
    It's a talent of mine. Someone hands me their black cloud and I can pick them out a silver lining. Someone hands me a silver lining of my own and I can find the black cloud.

Hmph. I wish I could afford a ranch. Save it from the damn developers. We need to stop breeding (not you, in particular, just the species in general) stop building, and stop sprawling! Gah! About 20 or 30 miles east of here, they get snow. Close enough to work in the city, but there's some elbow room. Are your winters more sunny or more cloudy?

L- deli roast beef and swiss cheese rolls. Now I don't feel so good. I don't want to know what they put in the roast beef.

The kids are getting to play with the big toys today. I work within spitting distance of the Air Force Academy. Today, they're playing with jets. I still think I like seeing the "throw the kids out of perfectly good airplanes" days.

canio6 Guest
    It's a talent of mine. Someone hands me their black cloud and I can pick them out a silver lining. Someone hands me a silver lining of my own and I can find the black cloud.
    Well, it is good to have talents.

I can't say I would want a ranch. I would like a little cabin in the woods though. A cabin in the woods with no neighbors, a high speed internet connection, and easy access to decent restaurants, entertainment, and sources of groceries. So yeah, I guess I am sol.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Trouble with that is cabin in the woods + internet can be tricky. My grandma lives in the middle of the woods and satellite internet is the preferred/only reliable way to do it in her neck of Maine. Unfortunately there's no signal except at the top of the hill at the back of her (40 or 50 acre) property. My dad still dreams of hooking her place up so we can work from there and keep her company on occasion, but has done nothing to make this happen.

[edit] Brain happened, missed the point of your post, and SOL didn't translate so nevermind heh
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    [edit] Brain happened, missed the point of your post, and SOL didn't translate so nevermind heh
    No worries. I am just a loner in mind not in spirit or the other way around or something. I do not want to be bothered by people except when it is convenient, and I emphasize convenient. I'd make a shitty caveman.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If the cold weather and black flies would be suitable to you, I think you'd like the Maine environment. Seems like even the larger areas are very "small town" in demeanor. If it weren't for the cold and flies, I would want to move there, but my very un-Russian frame denies my heritage and I need the relative warmth of MA.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).