Page 91 of 181 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 91

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Maybe you can make a list of the best ideas from his class (and others you have taken) and decide on a few more new things to try. It may give you some follow up questions to ask him. It would be awesome if you could see some of his current projects too.
    Yeah, here's an idea. Find a REAL question regarding something he talked about in his presentation and call him next week to ask him about it. Then if you get an opportunity to mention the vacation, I'll do a date during the week, I'll do you in a heartbeat, then I think it would be ok.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Yeah, here's an idea. I'll do you in a heartbeat, then I think it would be ok.
    Yeah - most guys love that line!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Sorry - I mis-wrote! I should have said "prefer to meet him" sooner than later as I don't respond well to new demanding people either. Life has enough demands and as you understand - it is his busy season. I would also expect that the more you can accomplish before you meet back with him will make you all the more appealing. Maybe you can make a list of the best ideas from his class (and others you have taken) and decide on a few more new things to try. It may give you some follow up questions to ask him. It would be awesome if you could see some of his current projects too.

Oh - and I totally get the invisible thing - It often is my main objective. I hate being the center of attention but all too often find myself there trying to get something done as many in my community just wont step up to volunteer (kids and school stuff mainly). One of the biggest things I love about my house is that it is behind a gate and 9ft wall and with the trees in the way, you can't see the house. Many who come here comment that they always wondered what was back here and I comment that there is nothing and it doesn't really exist. I like to hide here.
    One perk of waiting to see him later is that (assuming my gardens produce) I'm going to show up with some veggies. He doesn't get to garden himself- at least that's the impression I got- and I hear that the second fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. It sure works on me (The fastest, of course, being a hole in the chest)

I like that "there's nothing here." That's part of why I want acreage. It's not quite as effective at hiding me as a wall, but it also doesn't obstruct my views as much. It does suck, though, when we introverts are pushed into leading because no one else is going to do it. Or, worse, the ones "in charge" are incompetents.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Yeah, here's an idea. Find a REAL question regarding something he talked about in his presentation and call him next week to ask him about it. Then if you get an opportunity to mention the vacation, I'll do a date during the week, I'll do you in a heartbeat, then I think it would be ok.
    That is a good idea. And, actually, I am wondering what to do about water issues in one of my gardens. We aren't going to do a major install, but he might have some ideas about bandaid solutions. If he comes down to look at it, the leaky hose and white t-shirt would be totally by accident.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    If he comes down to look at it, the leaky hose and white t-shirt would be totally by accident.
    A most enlightened one are you. Is strong the force in you.

The funny part is I can SAY anything- even better in writing because I have no control over my blush- but when it comes to actually doing it- that's another story. Working on it, though

Mundane update:

D- ground beef and cheese, red wine. Out of veggies except for the petrified greens that I really, really need to chuck.
    B- tea/butter, black coffee, greek yogurt/blackberries. I'm also out of cream and forgot to pick it up on the way home

Got some stuff in the ground in Showcase 2- and realized that I may need to see what other watering options we have. I KNOW I watered it the day before, but you couldn't tell. The blue pansy seems to be fairly ok with life. The white ones are still being dramatic. I think I need to look into lowered beds here pretty soon. Something I heard about from the clever Natives of the South West.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Lowered beds - interesting idea. Have you considered a wind/sun break to the west of the garden? It should help keep some of the moiture in. Even just a couple of posts with and old sheet between them will really help - esp. while things are young and the roots haven't taken hold yet.

I haven't. There's a bush on the west side, but it might be too far away. It's sheltering the compost piles pretty well, though. I might have to give that a try.

L- salad and sparkling water form WF. I also picked up tomorrow's lunch- sliced cheese and roast beef. I could probably do better if I had planned ahead, but I'm going out tonight and it's an early start tomorrow. A field trip to see . . . crap, I forget- but it's being taught by the ecology/botany instructor, so it will be useful.

Your classes sound fun - some day I'd like to become a "master gardener", but then again, I like flying by my own hard learned lessons. Some day I need to pick your brain about my little piece of heaven. Have a great weekened!

You might want to put off that "someday" until I know more. At this point, I'm pretty sure you'd be teaching me

Well, Mom is worried about what'll happen to me if I just take any old job to get out of here. Frankly, I'm worried about what'll happen if I don't. We're in the second half of May. My SAD should be shelved by now. 5:30 am came awefully early on Saturday, considering that I didn't get to bed until midnight, then we spent the day tramping around in the mountains looking at trees, mostly, on a field trip. That explains falling into bed when I got home at 5 and sleeping until about 10 am. (there was a little reading around midnight) It does not account for then watching movies followed by a nap, followed by staying up a bit late reading my "my life sucks and I need to escape it" series. I love the books, but it's not usually a good sign when I pull them out. I didn't go to the plant sale, I didn't plant the warm-weather crops that need to go in the ground, I didn't even water the gardens. Depression fucking sucks.

The best part of this is- as usual- I feel like I have no right to hate my life this much right now. This weekend I was talking to a girl that has been unemployed- and looking for work- for six years. Another friend is probably going to have to move three hours away from the life he's been building here because they're the only people that are hiring in his field. I have a job. I have insurance. I get out early enough that I can do things like trot up to Denver for classes after work. Hell, I can afford to take the classes. I briefly wanted to cry when I pulled into my usual parking spot this morning because I had to be here. What right do I have to do that? I don't.

I have the middle of the first week in June off. I will be looking then, since I can't exactly job-hunt at work, and when I get home I'm so very, very fried that I can't seem to do a damn thing.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    what's your field of work? maybe i could surf the classifieds here for you. *g* only problem is, we're north of you so your SAD might worsen.

I do the blush thing too. drives me nuts.