Page 90 of 181 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 90

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Official weigh-in: 230#

D- ground beef and cheese over kale, red wine, finished off the chocolates
    B- tea/cream, coffee/cream/CO/D (I forgot to pack, like, any food for today)

I visited 3 gardens last night- got to see Showcase 1 which I haven't seen in an age. Looked great! Even if she didn't follow my directions. Checked in on Showcase 2 and watered it. I don't think she watered it last night like I asked. Grr. Hopefully, the seeds weren't far enough along to care and fingers crossed on the marigolds forgiving me. I think the pansies in my garden will forgive me for not watering them the day after I put them in. They were looking mighty sad on Tuesday, but only pretty sad yesterday.

Checked out Prince Herbert today? I had to work up to that deadlift, thank you. Twit. (I need to start going back to the gym.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Checked out Prince Herbert today? I had to work up to that deadlift, thank you. Twit. (I need to start going back to the gym.)
    Well, he is a dude. allegedly.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That kid's like a football bat. A golf helmet, even.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    That kid's like a football bat. A golf helmet, even.
    That. Is awesome.

L- Five Guys bacon and cheese burger with unsweetened iced tea. I could have eaten two. But it was a "let the boys off the bases" kinda day. Lots of uniforms on fit men (I don't think fatigues are classified as uniforms officially, but they are in my head)

My employer, in their infinate wisdom, has decided to remove our ability to contact the humans that are there to explain our internal information in the written resource called "RPP." One of my coworkers commented that they need to make sure that RPP is our Bible- accurate and readable (it isn't, at this point). I was dying to point out that what she wants is the theoretical Bible- the one written by God and an infallible reference point. What we have is the actual Bible- kinda made up as they went along with the hopes that no one will notice the errors and jumps in logic. I refrained partially because I've had to actually break down and explain more than one joke to her and partially because I don't think she's one of those Christians that would think that was funny.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Folks- there has been contact. It had to have been the Vibrams. I think the fleece gave them enough contrast to really pop . . . Anywho- he would love to meet me to talk about my gardening venture and could we set up a day now so that he can look forward to it on his calendar? (not reading into this . . . not reading into this . . . not reading into this) Just waiting to hear back to my reply that my calendar is pretty open. (Plan things months in advance? Psha)
    Hey - it's the shoes that make the woman! I find it so amuzing that you just don't get how irresistable some people may find you! Send back a note that you expect things to get busy for you soon, so you need to see him in the next week or two...

Thank you, Mud Flinger. I'm pretty quick on most things, but I have a pretty hard head when it comes to myself. However, it is ever so slowly sinking in. Copious compliments are helping. Just had a friend tell me yesterday that I'm the smartest friend he has. It's easier to be invisible, you know!

I can't do that to him because his work is clearly very important to him, so if it comes down to me or it, I'll lose. Which, strangely enough, is part of what makes him attractive. Passion is important to me. I did mention that I hoped his calendar had an opening sooner rather than later.

Hmm- since we're discussing this anyway- I just took a week off in July. I had said that weekends were better for me. Would it be obnoxious of me to send him an update without hearing from him first, or might it be useful information? I'm waiting to hear from another friend on her thoughts- but what do you folks think? (looking at you, guys- help me out here with a male brain)

Hmm- since we're discussing this anyway- I just took a week off in July. I had said that weekends were better for me. Would it be obnoxious of me to send him an update without hearing from him first, or might it be useful information? I'm waiting to hear from another friend on her thoughts- but what do you folks think? (looking at you, guys- help me out here with a male brain)
    That would be too much. When he gets back with you then you can mention the week off, but if you contact him first you're going to seem a little desperate. Just sayin'. Now, if he hasn't gotten back with you in a couple weeks, you might need to bring it up to keep you fresh on his mind. Menfolks mind's do wander.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    That would be too much. When he gets back with you then you can mention the week off, but if you contact him first you're going to seem a little desperate. Just sayin'. Now, if he hasn't gotten back with you in a couple weeks, you might need to bring it up to keep you fresh on his mind. Menfolks mind's do wander.
    Well I am desperate. I mean, this is gardening, folks! That's what I figured, so thanks for confirming. Now I just have to be patient. I hate being patient.

You know, somehow I forgot to turn on my alarm last night. Woke up on time and actually logged in on time at work. Thank you Colorado sun and East-facing windows.

So, the other professor I emailed regarding which exam to take first emailed back this morning. She highly recommended taking the hard ones first since you only have 18 months to finish them all after you pass the first one...
    That's messes up my mental feng shui.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Mud Flinger. I'm pretty quick on most things, but I have a pretty hard head when it comes to myself. However, it is ever so slowly sinking in. Copious compliments are helping. Just had a friend tell me yesterday that I'm the smartest friend he has. It's easier to be invisible, you know!

I can't do that to him because his work is clearly very important to him, so if it comes down to me or it, I'll lose. Which, strangely enough, is part of what makes him attractive. Passion is important to me. I did mention that I hoped his calendar had an opening sooner rather than later.

Sorry - I mis-wrote! I should have said "prefer to meet him" sooner than later as I don't respond well to new demanding people either. Life has enough demands and as you understand - it is his busy season. I would also expect that the more you can accomplish before you meet back with him will make you all the more appealing. Maybe you can make a list of the best ideas from his class (and others you have taken) and decide on a few more new things to try. It may give you some follow up questions to ask him. It would be awesome if you could see some of his current projects too.

Oh - and I totally get the invisible thing - It often is my main objective. I hate being the center of attention but all too often find myself there trying to get something done as many in my community just wont step up to volunteer (kids and school stuff mainly). One of the biggest things I love about my house is that it is behind a gate and 9ft wall and with the trees in the way, you can't see the house. Many who come here comment that they always wondered what was back here and I comment that there is nothing and it doesn't really exist. I like to hide here.
    Last edited by Mud Flinger; 05-18-2012 at 06:47 AM.