Page 89 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 89

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    There you go - if you can't get what you want/need then get your pound of flesh! I do this with companies I am not satisfied with - I will keep calling and complaining until I feel I've wasted enough of their time and try to take it to higher and higher personel each time. It's amazing what you can get people to admit/give you when you put it in the terms of "if you were me, would you put up with xyz"!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Folks- there has been contact. It had to have been the Vibrams. I think the fleece gave them enough contrast to really pop . . . Anywho- he would love to meet me to talk about my gardening venture and could we set up a day now so that he can look forward to it on his calendar? (not reading into this . . . not reading into this . . . not reading into this) Just waiting to hear back to my reply that my calendar is pretty open. (Plan things months in advance? Psha)

D- cheese and ground beef, red wine, chocolate (it's almost gone- and too good to just chuck)
    B- tea/cream, coffee/cream, the rest of yesterday's pot roast.

I planted stuff in my community garden plots yesterday- and realized that, um, I can't skip a day of visiting and watering right now since the drip system isn't quite up. I hope the pansies recover. The marigolds are taking it much better.

I got an e-mail from the routing person for this campus and replied with a fairly long one explaining the situation and that my frustration isn't that I didn't get the day off- it's that I have no information to work with. All I want is accruate, timely, and logical information. That is NOT too much to ask for. I'm curious as to what the reply will be
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Just don't suggest meeting to discuss these things at your house. In the bedroom.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    just want to mention, what i said about kids doesn't apply to my own, though i still do have a higher-than-normal need to have quiet time (with or without them) then it seems most parents do.

I got an e-mail from the routing person for this campus and replied with a fairly long one explaining the situation and that my frustration isn't that I didn't get the day off- it's that I have no information to work with. All I want is accruate, timely, and logical information. That is NOT too much to ask for. I'm curious as to what the reply will be
    hopefully they'll give you a decent reply, and not some "you'll know what you need to know" BS.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Just don't suggest meeting to discuss these things at your house. In the bedroom.
    Um. Oops? Damn my lack of social skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    just want to mention, what i said about kids doesn't apply to my own, though i still do have a higher-than-normal need to have quiet time (with or without them) then it seems most parents do.

hopefully they'll give you a decent reply, and not some "you'll know what you need to know" BS.
    I figured you liked your own kids They do say it's "different when they're your own" but I'm not sure enough of that to bet a kid on it. That, and I figure the raising of them should be left to people that actually want to do it. They'll do a better job than me.

I sent it about three hours ago. There will be further harassment this afternoon. I expect to get a reply in about three days. If I get one at all.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Would it be inappropriate to pop into the "For those TTC" (which took me forever to figure out what TTC means, btw) and be like "well hello ladies...how desperate are you? thought about ginger kids, eh?"

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Would it be inappropriate to pop into the "For those TTC" (which took me forever to figure out what TTC means, btw) and be like "well hello ladies...how desperate are you? thought about ginger kids, eh?"
    More importantly would you care if it were inappropriate? Just log in as alex and knock yourself out.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Hah (apparently I am not allowed to post that in all caps)
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    and there was a little chocolate- but it was dark!
    that's ok, dark is primal
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I wish it were possible to confer my probable fertility on someone who wanted it. It's silly, I know, since it's a personal decision, but I feel a little bad about the fact that I'm going to be removing my ability to have babies when there are so many women that would kill for that option.

So- instead of doing my 1x1 with my supervisor who is out on medical leave that has been planned for some time now- I was told to take that time to catch up on stuff. So I pulled up some additional training stuff. Opened the "Time Management" one. Promptly started refreshing "What's New" over here then landed in Cake Wreaks. Um, at least I pulled up the one that is the most applicable to me at this time

L- working my way through a Whole Foods salad with fancy Italian Sparkling Water.