Page 87 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 87

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Maybe you need to make some new food rules for the weekends. I totally get the "let it go" need you have right now with the work stress/unhappiness, but I fear you are digging yourself into a bigger mess. What worked for you before? Can you revisit that success and pull some much needed wisdom out for yourself? Any advice I might have is based on me and this is about you right now.

So, did you still meet this guy or shy away? Maybe look at these classes as a way to meet others to build your network for success (and maybe a little happiness will follow).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Oh, he was the instructor. Totally legit for me to spend two hours looking at him I tried to keep the *tilts head and eyes up and down* to a minimum, though. Actually, when I send him the link for the class review (since I'll be linking to his company) I am going to ask if I can take him to lunch at some point to pick his brain about vegetable gardens. Not now- it's busy season- but at some point. One of the things his company does is help to install vegetable gardens, and he mentioned that he thought there would be a market for helping people learn about gardening. Well, gee whiz It will be to legitimately pick his brain. Seeing him again will just be a perk

When I started PB, it was Bacon! Cream! Steaaaaak! and lots of veggies. Thing is, I'm not really coming from wheat this time, so it's not quite as exciting. I was also coming out of busy season and wasn't nearly as frustrated with work as I am right now, so I was in a better mental place. I need to push the veggies, and I need to just have lots of easy food on hand at all times. Saturday was fine- I actually fasted (ok, except for the mocha, but it was whole milk!) until about 5 when I had a steak and sweet potatoes. The chips, etc on Sunday were strictly a "fuck you, world" emotional choice.

I need to make a concerted effort to look for a new job. That will help me at least feel like I am trying to fix this. I also need to make sure that I get in lots of garden time. It should help that I have lots of garden space

I am just making things worse for myself. I'm just . . . having a hard time gathering the spine I need to bull through the misery until I can start seeing results that will then encourage me. The fatter and weaker I get, the less motivated I am to do things like MOVE. I know that the slimmer and stronger I get, the MORE motivated I am to move, but I'm having a hard time switching over.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

He might of been like "I wish that chick would have shown she was interested in me by maybe looking me up and down instead of drooling on her desk". Go ahead and set up this lunch, though, so he won't be getting busy with someone else after busy season, yo.

I guess I did fail to mention that my "I don't care" outfit consisted of a long-sleeved T-shirt I got in highschool (it's seen much better days) and a bright red fleece I stole from my brother because it's big enough to put three layers (or an extra 30#) under. But it's sweet of you to think I could still be cute under those circumstances
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

I have a long-sleeved t-shirt from the back-to-back-to-back national championships my first college won from 93-95...my wife gets mad because I won't let her throw it away. Do you know how long it takes to get one to fit/feel like that? Obviously, 17 years. Me and that shirt have a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I guess I did fail to mention that my "I don't care" outfit consisted of a long-sleeved T-shirt I got in highschool (it's seen much better days) and a bright red fleece I stole from my brother because it's big enough to put three layers (or an extra 30#) under. But it's sweet of you to think I could still be cute under those circumstances
    You never know what guys are gonna find sexy.

Seriously.

We're a bunch of horn dogs.

Prince Herbert is blowing up the new threads, he must really feel like singing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    You never know what guys are gonna find sexy.

Seriously.

We're a bunch of horn dogs.
    Good point. Can't really add anything to that.

Well then I'll put my money on that it was my Vibrams. That's right, sexy blue/green Vibrams to match (?) my fire engine red fleece. I was smokin' hot

Lunch was a Whole Foods salad again. I should have eaten my pot roast, but just wasn't feeling it. I think I need to start eating salads again. The greens were- and the sizes of the font are correct- as follows: Organic Romaine, Organic Spring Mix, and Vegan Organic Baby Kale. Clearly, the kale is superior.

Booter- I have this problem with clothes. I'd love to be able to give clothes to Good Will, but by the time I'm ready to reluctantly part ways with them, they're in such tragic shape that Good Will wouldn't take them. The last pair of jeans I ruined I pondered the fact that if I had the butt to pull off Daisy Dukes I could salvage them. As it is, I'll be cutting out some of the legs to hold for patches on future jeans.

Just got back from my biometric screening for our new health insurance. Turns out I'm fat, but healthy

Cholesterol 195- HDL 63 which means that LDL would be 132 which is slightly over their "desireable" of >130, but they wanted the total under 200 and the HDL over 60, so I'm good. (It occurred to me that, hmm, it wouldn't hurt to get the total up a touch- but I'm not going to say it)

Blood glucose was 91. Technically it was only a fasting test if we wanted it to be. I asked if tea with, ah, milk (heavy cream) would break the fast, and she said yes. Then the number came back and she changed her mind and said I qualified as a fasting test. Either way, fasted under 99, non fasted under 140, I'm good.

Blood preassure was 118/77- a little high for me, but still under their top number of 120/80 for normal. Pulse of 80- normal is 60 to 100. Higher than I'd like, but I'm also not breathing too well today, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

The only problem is the BMI of 36 (ouch) and the waist circumference of 40"- but that was over clothes, so I'm calling it 39"

D- steak, khalua and cream (i'm out of wine) and there was a little chocolate- but it was dark!
    B- tea/cream, coffee/goats milk, cottage cheese (it was easier to grab on the run since I didn't set up the greek yogurt last night)

I went for a lovely walk yesterday after work and need to do so more often. Damn blister from my Vibrams . . .

Spent some time talking to my sister. She's looking for work but not having much luck. However, she's spending time tutoring Yemanese lady refugees for their citizenship test. The world needs more people like her and she's on food stamps. There really is something wrong with this picture.