Page 80 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 80

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    A few years ago I was coming home with so much daily stress I was a knot from my gut to my throat. Every day. I also hated the idea of going to work, ruined my Sundays just knowing Monday was to follow.

BTW, you don't come across as pouty or whiny, quite the opposite, humorous and engaging. Besides, it's your journal and you can feel free to post here any time. Canio and Booter and the rest of us don't mind. We're here to be your rah-rah squad and, you know, dazzle you with flirtation.
    Yeah, I worked Sat, Sun, and Mon. 12-16 shifts, an hour drive to work and absolutely hated the job. Not counting I had to get up at 2:40am to get there. On Friday nights (like your Sun.) I would feel nauseous and literally like I was going to hurl. All better now!

Here goes: RAH RAH REE! KICK EM IN THE KNEE! RAH RAH RASS! KICK EM IN THE ASS! Like F dub said, it's your journal, I wouldn't hang around if you were all pouty and stuff. Homey don't play all pouty and stuff.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Cheerleaders? Nooooo!!!!!! I lived with one sophmore year in college. She and the guy she was sleeping with (but NOT dating) thought I was mind-blowingly brilliant. Not really, just above average. But when my audience is mind-blowingly stupid . . .

Thank you for the encouragement, though! I do need to just get my shit together and fix this. It's not like it's beyond me, and I will feel better for it. The flirting, in the meantime, really helps with keeping my spirits up

L- coffee/cream and I'll probably have a larabar or some almond butter later because I spent lunch at Good Will. There was a line for the changing room. Apparently I wasn't the only one using her lunch hour to shop. They don't fit great but for $3.99, I'll take "not high-waders" and a functioning zipper as enough. I'll have to take a closer look at the zipper to see if it's salvageable or not.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I consciously avoided the term cheerleader, for all the negative connotations. If you're feeling a little down, we're there to be the rah-rah squad, but more like, we're all sitting around drinking wine (or, you know, Scotch or whatever), bitching about this or that, putting it all into perspective, figuring out a way out. It's good to get it out, is all.

Watch those Larabars. I personally love the buggers, but they cluck in at ~25 carbs a shot, easy to stall weight loss per Mark's carb recommendations. I only ever eat them when I'm running longer distance... or when I'm drunk-assed drunk and want something sweet, which is bad. BTW, there's drunk, there's drunkity-drunk, and then there's drunk-assed drunk. At drunk, we'd be a little flirtatious. At drunkity-drunk, I could probably convince you to wear a cheerleader's outfit. At drunk-assed drunk you could probably convince me to wear a cheerleader's outfit.

I'm all for sitting around with wine/beer/poison of choice and talking things through.

At the moment, I have them on hand because they are something I can keep in my desk and they are a better choice than pretty much anything else I could get while trapped at work. Like the nut butter. Perfect? No. A safety net if needed? Yes. I think I need to get back on the wagon with decent food period before I start tweaking further.

That would be glass two, glass three, and glass four of wine for me Half a bottle if I just want to forget my day. A whole bottle if it's best to fuzz the week.

But the question is, will you do pigtails with bows? Otherwise it's just not right . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Oh my, I feel like a huge alkie now in comparison. Maybe I've just got a very finely trained liver?

If I'm drunk-assed drunk and putting on the cheerleader's outfit, I don't think I'll be saying Now waaaaitza minish heeere... *urp*... Minishkirt is one thing but bigtails and poes... No *urp*-in way!

OK, now I need to know where everyone else delineates drunk, drunkity-drunk, and drunk-assed drunk... I think drunk-assed drunk involves mixing spirits, going from martinis to bourbon to wine. Never ends well. Not sure if a bottle of wine really gets me to the drunk threshhold though, so drunk and drunkity-drunk... probably 2 bottles and three bottles of wine? Have you ever read about how much Mario Batali can put away?

Well, I'm a light-weight anyway, plus I got a slow start with drinking because my inhibitions are in place for a reason Maybe I seldom pass drunkity-drunk.

I will tell you that I like showtunes by drunk and rather than getting less formal, my speech tends to become more formal. However, the inhibitions loosen

Oh- guys- on the off chance that you were interested in more information on soil, I just posted my review of the class. It's lengthy, but only scratches the surface.

One of the things that I love about the PB is that I can do things like not eat lunch because I had something else to do and NOT feel like killing someone about this time of day. (I mean, I do, but it's not a hunger thing) I'm hungry. Having some tea with cream to tide me over, but I'm not going to keel over. I'm also going to be digging over a garden this evening. Still undecided as to whether I'm going to stop for chow on the way over or not. It might not be a bad idea, but at the same time I don't think being hungry is going to affect my ability to work like it would have before. So, I might be off the rails on a regular basis, but I still know that THIS WORKS.

It just occurred to me that yesterday was Thursday, which makes the weigh-in official. Dang it. 227#

On the up side- TGIF!

D- ground beef and cheese over kale, sparkling water and vanilla- no wine! Then, of course, I wake up in the middle of the night and can't shut my brain off to go back to sleep. Melatonin didn't work. Vodka did. Healthy, no. Oh well.

B- chocolate almond butter, coffee/half and half/cream, most of a bacon and cheese omelette

I got the whole 4x8 plot dug over last night- and pulled out a friggin' huge rock. While pulling out said rock, I ruined another pair of pants. Two in one day. I think that's a record. I bought three pairs of jeans freshman year in college and they've seen me through a lot of sizes. I lost the first pair when I was absolutely miserable (and therefore very fat) after college and they split. Great. I'm right back there. Sans horse and school debt. I need to get out of here. Here's hoping my ass doesn't get fat enough to split the third pair, too.

I'm not ashamed to say- I almost had a meltdown when I thought I might not be able to get into MDA today. What will I do with my time if I can't post what I'm eating and various other trivial shit?! Don't say work. We all know that's not going to happen.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I almost had a meltdown when I thought I might not be able to get into MDA today. What will I do with my time if I can't post what I'm eating and various other trivial shit?! Don't say work. We all know that's not going to happen.
    LOL.

I couldn't get in and I thought dammit, now I have to work!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Word up. I texted my wife and told her I'd probably leave work early. What's the use staying here if I can't MDA all day? I had one of the NOOOOOO! moments where the movie shows me screaming, the expands out to my building, then expands out to the city, then out to the world.