Page 78 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 78

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    It's not an exercise routine or a boot camp drill, it's wuv makin' yo.
    damn, is that how it works? So should I not wear my ipod and carry a towel to wipe down the equipment after a set?

I usually wear a towel, but the ipod is optional. I mean, don't listen to hard core heavy metal workout music while doing the horizontally parallel bent-over rows, things might get too intense. But then again, don't listen to "it's raining men" as your wife might mentally leave the room. Manilow would be alright for a yoga type routine, a la karma sutra, but if burning calories is a distant goal find something between, but not including, country music and the biebs.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    We had a family at church with one girl and they wanted one more. Out popped triplets.

I wish there was a way to reduce fertility to the point that people need to actually work for/WANT a child before they get one. Less oopsies and having to work for something makes it that much more precious.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    We had a family at church with one girl and they wanted one more. Out popped triplets.

I wish there was a way to reduce fertility to the point that people need to actually work for/WANT a child before they get one. Less oopsies and having to work for something makes it that much more precious.
    I don't know about that, your own kids are precious regardless of how long it took to conceive them.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member

While it would be nice to have to qualify at least minimally to be a parent, infertility is the suck! I have several friends that have been through it and it completely ruins the normal relationship. Sex looses all the good meanings and becomes about making a baby and how incompitent they both feel after so many failures. The divorce rate actually goes way up after being through something like this. Can you imagine working so hard to have a child with someone you have now grown to hate? I guess it happens in many other situations as well, but it really sucks when kids are involved.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I guess I'm going off of what I see- which is too many women that "wish I hadn't had them so young/had so many/etc" versus my cousin that worked so very hard for her son and he is so very, very precious to her. I don't want infertility per se-I know that's very hard on everyone- just lower fertility. You need to try three times instead of one. Somewhat delayed gratification.

S- chocolate almond butter and larabar
    D- ground beef and cheese over kale, red wine, chocolate chips
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

All I had to do was snap my fingers and BAM! the wife's knocked up. Sometimes it even happened when I was out of town.

I don't want infertility per se-I know that's very hard on everyone- just lower fertility. You need to try three times instead of one.
    Huhhh-huhhh. You said "hard on."

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Huhhh-huhhh. You said "hard on."
    Dang FW, you channeled some Butt-head there!

Huh Huh, Beavis, she said hard on. Huh Huh Huh.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mrs. FW and I got married a little later (mid-30s), and kids just never happened for us. We've talked about adoption, and even though we're in our late 40s now I feel pretty damned zippy, and think I could keep up with a little one. But sometimes I do wish we had had a kid early on.