Page 55 of 181 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 55

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Speaking of Mennonites (a ways back), the uncle with the joke did a comprehensive family tree a few decades ago and as it turns out the one side of my family did have a lot of Mennonites in it. Point: we were never huggy. I've fairly well gotten past that, probably because I'm always partially drunk, but I understand both attitudes towards it.

Yeah, ummm, I'm not thinking of you as a wife. Just being lecherous. So yeah, you're the hottie gardener... I can totally work up a scenario for that.

I love sardines, and anchovies. Was at a loss for lunch (no leftovers! egad!), and whipped up a quickie Caesar: yolk in bowl, was out of anchovies but used fish sauce, lemon juice, grated parm... the real deal. But always stock up on both of the little fishies. Ever tried kippered herring? Not as nasty (if your of that mindset) as sardines, nice and smoky, a great snack, proteins and omega-6. I also get canned smoked oysters, clams, and mussels and find random ways of working them into eggs, salads, and whatever else.

And since I'm personally not anti-dairy, I gotta share. Grilled the other night and had the foresight to slice up an eggplant and grill it, too (lump hardwood, hickory chunks, eff propane). Last night, sauteed a bunch of whole garlic cloves in olive oil, broke up some whole San Marzano tomatoes (FFS, Costco has the gongous 80-bazillion ounce Cento San Marzanos for like 3 and a half bucks), tossed in some fresh oregano that decided to come back again this spring. Layered that up with the smoky eggplant, slices of mozzeralla and provolone, and a shaving of Parm over the top. Let me just say that smoked eggplant parm is close to perfection. Next time: make more.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Although what is it with me and married men? I swear I have "wife material" tattooed across my forhead and I'm the only one that can't see it. On the other hand, if they're already married I guess that makes me the hot little thing on the side. Hmm. I can work with that . . .
    Well, I don't need another wife or anything on the side, but I'll agree with 'hot little thing'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, guys *blush* And FW- I'm pretty good at those stories, so let me know if you need some help . . .

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I'm a closet cuddle-bug. With people I trust, it's no big deal, even quite enjoyable. The problem is that most people scare the crap out of me for one reason or another- and you don't let scary people close enough to touch you. And the New England heritage. Hug? I love you? What? *shakes head silently at the dillution of the stoicism in the new generations*

L- Five Guys- burger, no fries. And water. Perfect, no. But not bad considering my choices around here.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    I was never a hugger either - I actually had to learn that it was an OK thing as an adult. I've since realized that it is just a very intimate thing for me because my love language is touch. I love messages and such from my hubby but don't have any interest in getting such from a stranger. Spa days hold no alure for me either. I'd rather walk in the woods or dig in the dirt. Maybe you have some of the same about you.

That actually makes a whole lot of sense, Mud Flinger. (and explains why you're a potter- are you a kenetic learner, too?) I've just recently heard about that love languages book, but I haven't read it. But knowing me like I do- I don't let many people into my mental space because it takes me forever to warm up to them, and I've said more than once that if you're going to bother being in my personal space- it needs to be worth it. (I know a girl that gives air hugs. Like air kisses, but hugs. So not worth it) So it makes sense that my general hands-off-ish-ness could be connected to the mental/emotional walls I have.

Ha- the first time a male co-worker that was an aquaintence more than a friend hugged me after happy hour I wigged out internally. Women- well, they do that. Friends, well, they're friends. Male co-worker? AGH! (he was just being friendly, but still)

D- scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese in butter, V8, a greek yogurt popsicle thingie (I was curious. It wasn't full fat so I won't be curious about it tonight)

B- tea/cream, coffee/cream/CO/D

I picked up a whitening shampoo yesterday. It's funny- on the one hand I'm getting very much about unchemicaling. On the other, I'm really excited about this shampoo that she warned me should be used only every other day so my hair doesn't get coarse and fall out. Eh, well, whatever. I want white hair. Or at least a white streak. And aside from giving myself a scar on my scalp- which isn't even a guarantee that I'll get a white streak- this seems to be the best way to go about it.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Umm..yeah, I would try the shampoo before I got the knife out. Just sayin'.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Or at least a white streak.
    I have to say that this look is sexy as hell. I probably read too much David Eddings as a kid. Oh wells.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I'm ok with being compared to Polgara Mine might have started with Anne McCaffrey's Damia since I'd never be able to pull of The Rowan's full white.

I'm not saying I would, Caveman, just that I know it's one way to do it. And I'm not sure a knife would work anyway. You need to traumatize the area, but not remove/actually kill the folicles. A hairless scar on my scalp would be much less attractive.

I'm ok with being compared to Polgara Mine might have started with Anne McCaffrey's Damia since I'd never be able to pull of The Rowan's full white..
    She was cute in the cover art.

Hey, I'm sorry to bring this up in your journal, but if this Gadsie kid posts one more thing I'm going to scream. I feel for him, he's got a problem, but quit Brett Favreing us and go get help.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.