Page 54 of 180 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 54

Shop Now
    Oh come on lady, I officially disband this pity party and send every home. Anyone can give up, not everyone can keep going, and no one wants to be anyone.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sugar is evil!!! Eat more meat, woman!

Bacon every day followed by wild caught Salmon over spinach with basalmic vinegret and then dark chocolate covered bacon! Eat while sitting in the sun, laughing with friends and drinking good wine or Tequilla.
    Follow with a casual game of frisbee and more laughing.

Now wasn't that much better than a bag of candy?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Lol- yes, sir. Have you read Shel Silverstein's Nobody?

Nobody loves me,
    Nobody cares,
    Nobody picks me peaches and pears.
    Nobody offers me candy and Cokes,
    Nobody listens and laughs at me jokes.
    Nobody helps when I get in a fight,
    Nobody does all my homework at night.
    Nobody misses me,
    Nobody cries,
    Nobody thinks I'm a wonderful guy.
    So if you ask me who's my best friend, in a whiz,
    I'll stand up and tell you that Nobody is.
    But yesterday night I got quite a scare,
    I woke up and Nobody just wasn't there.
    I called out and reached out for Nobody's hand,
    In the darkness where Nobody usually stands.
    Then I poked through the house, in each cranny and nook,
    But I found somebody each place that I looked.
    I searched till I'm tired, and now with the dawn,
    There's no doubt about it-
    Nobody's gone!

-Shel Silverstein

Hmm, I seem to have misremembered it- I could have sworn it was "Nobody loves me, nobody cares, nobody's with me when nobody's there . . ." I think I like my beginning better.

I think right now it's a combination of frustration, being tired, and at the moment hormones. I'll get over the poutiness eventually. I usually do.

Wait- does that make me everyone? No wonder I'm expanding . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    MF raises a good point, it doesn't seem like you're eating much meat lately, but maybe it's just from the skimpy dinners.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm...I am beginning to think Finnegans Wake was on the right track...

cheer up lady, we loves ya. (in a totally non-touchy-feely, huggy and making you uncomfortable way)
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Gatta love Shel Silverstien!

Drssgchic, I love ya. So here's the hard truth: re-read your own journal.

First of all, even just one week's worth of entries shows LOTS of stress and uneven sleep.

Then there's the food, which IMHO is beyond 80/20 splurges: sushi (twice), ice cream, pizza, oatmeal, orange juice, root beer... grains and sugar (I'm counting 9 there). And then there are those questionable primal items. I myself tolerate dairy, and don't think it necessarily sets me back, but others would argue the opposite. Cream cheese and cottage cheese twice, I'll just put a question mark next to that. And then alcohol, it's my weakness, too, but have to factor it.

Just remember, there will be times when we all slide. Don't linger on the negative, just figure out what you're doing wrong and get back on the track of strength, vitality, and positivity. Watch those sneaky grains and sugars. And remember that a bunch of this could be water weight associated with glycogen stores, so you can drop 4-5# just as easily.

I'd been resting my foot for a month (no running!) to try to heal a case of plantar fasciitis. Friday, ate a whole 12" pizza by myself (oink!), had 2+ bottles of red wine (woo!), and the next morning Mrs. FW wakes me up bright and bleary to say she's running a 5K and do I want to go. Fuck no, I don't want to go, but I do it anyway. Crikey, was I miserable. Had to stop a couple of times, my gut was sloshy, my lungs disappeared, but I finished it in OK time (for me). Next day my foot is throbbing again, and I'm wondering if I should just give up running and pout about it to myself. Then I decided, screw that, I need to buckle down and get back to eating the way I should, lose some more weight to take some stress off the foot, work my way back to running instead of throwing myself into it, try to get stronger and faster. Took it as a challenge to heal myself and get better.

You just have to brush yourself off, move on with it. Eat well, play hard, as Mrs. FW wrote on our erasable board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Sugar is evil!!! Eat more meat, woman!

Bacon every day followed by wild caught Salmon over spinach with basalmic vinegret and then dark chocolate covered bacon! Eat while sitting in the sun, laughing with friends and drinking good wine or Tequilla.
    Follow with a casual game of frisbee and more laughing.

Now wasn't that much better than a bag of candy?
    Yes, ma'am. Geeze, y'all are bossy today!

I think I need to be very serious for a week or two about making lots and lots of food to have around for my "I just don't wanna" days so I'll have no excuse. Once I've done that for a bit, I should be doing better.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

PS, I agree that more meat might be the way to go. Get a big slab of salmon and grill it, then eat leftovers all week. Make a big chuck roast with chili spices. Get a few pounds of ground beef and make a batch of meatballs. Stuff you can get cheap and make in quantity always get you through the week.

Do you like sardines, BTW? Forget if I axed ya.

We do love ya. Huggy way, sexually suggestive way, take yer pick!

*Bows down to the loving, browbeating wisdom herein offered*

You guys are right. I'm making excuses now. I know I need more meat. I know how to make it. I like it. I just need to do it. Because it fixes, well, practically everything. Problem? Add meat. Solved. (go ahead, run with that one, guys)

*hugs back* Due to some intense training from some friends (One of whom informed me the second time I met him that he's a hugger and I was just going to have to deal with it) I no longer cringe when hugged. I mean, unless you're super creepy. But none of y'all are super creepy. Although what is it with me and married men? I swear I have "wife material" tattooed across my forhead and I'm the only one that can't see it. On the other hand, if they're already married I guess that makes me the hot little thing on the side. Hmm. I can work with that . . .

Oh yeah- FW- I want to like them, but don't. On the other hand, I bet I could squish them up and put them in eggs. Maybe as the meat in a quiche. I'll have to think about that.