Page 53 of 181 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 53

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    FW- that took me two reads, but it's so going in my slim joke file.

Caveman- apparently they are really, really big on community service. This particular church was about half-built with just volunteers. The community garden I'm going to be part of is on their property (the guy who's brainchild it is is part of the church) and every time I've gone I've met church members that aren't going to have beds- they're just helping out in their community. It's pretty cool. The guy I was talking to said the're NOT like the Baptists he grew up with. Being Germanic, if you get a grunt out of them in response to a service, you're doing good

FW- it was really interesting to talk community with this guy, because he's older and from a smaller community and he could articulate the changes he's seen. Like- he knew a dentist that killed someone in a drunk driving accident. The judge could have sent him to jail for 10 years. Instead, he got probation and was required to do dental work on indigents one day a week for 10 years for free. One of the things we covered was actually punishment in a community that cares and one that doesn't. If the community doesn't care, then the punishment is for the sake of punishment. If they do care, then it is for the sake of learning- and is frequently far more creative. Jail teaches you one thing. Working with the under-priviliged for years as your punishment teaches something very different.

S- there was some more minty chocolate. And coffee/cream. I really need to refill my tea for my desk. Coffee really doesn't like me and it's not like the free stuff is good enough to put up with it.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

D- cottage cheese, sausage, red wine, a bit of dry oatmeal. Yep- totally balanced and healthy. I have the oatmeal for bath soaks and, well, I still like it.

B- tea/cream, coffee/ half and half/cream, bacon and cheese omelette

Last night I tracked down the bits and pieces I needed to make bath stuff for a friend's birthday. Because I'm only doing this a week-and-a-half after her actual birthday. Manitou Springs sucks as a hippie town. (For the out-of-towners, that's the hippie part of the Springs. That's right, it's not just the Religious Right here.) There were lots of places with pre-made smelly bath stuff, but no one had the random crap I needed to make my own. You can find herb here no problem, but herbs- my goodness, you'd think they were illegal. But I did find everything- and put together some bath tea and a sole softener. Hence the wierd dinner- I was busy

I woke up this morning in very good time because I needed to wrap her gifts so I can get them sent off today. I could have left on time. But no, I dilly-dallied until I was late. As usual. *sigh* I really need to work on this. The omelette is partially because I was just starving and partially because I'm not going to have time for lunch. I'll be getting a card and getting it all shipped off at lunch instead.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

I forgot to type up and print out instructions before lunch, so I just picked up a card and some sushi and orange juice. I've also had some creamcheese and rootbeer. Because I'm fat, so why not.

My vacation request for next week was rejected. I put one in for the week after- but apparently it's probably going to be rejected, too. According to my supervisor, I really need to put in my requests a month in advance to get time off. That's nice and all, but I need a fucking day off now, not in a month. "The days are probably all taken." Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I don't expect to get Friday. Maybe not even Thursday. But who the fuck is off on Wednesday? I need ONE DAY OFF. Not a weekend. A fucking day off. I have now scheduled a mid-week off in early June, but that's assuming I make it that long. I might have to come down with something. *cough, cough*

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I might have to come down with something. *cough, cough*
    Yeah, I'm not a doctor but I have played doctor a time or two and based on my expert analysis, yeah, you are probably getting sick. I mean, that is a nasty *cough, cough* you have there.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Because I'm fat, so why not.
    Bad rationlization.

Come here for your spanking! ;P

Heh- you guys are awesome.

I did have a sick day yesterday. I slept in. I got a blog post up. I even cleaned a tiny bit. It was a good day. I think I AM coming down with a touch of something, but I got an echinecia tincture in my "herbal 1st aid kit" class that I'm giving a try to see if it can fix the tenderness in my throat.

I'm housesitting for the rest of the week, so we're going to just ignore my eating habits until Monday. The check is nice, but I never sleep as well when I'm not home. I think, though, that I'm going to take the check and find a credit union around here to open an account. Out of sight, out of mind. And I need to start looking at second jobs- then I can put those checks in that account as well. I need a downpayment for land. Like. Now.

Ahh, I love newly converted savers, I hear birds chirping outside my window.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Too true about Manitou Springs! I've always found it to be a fun but pointless place to go "Plenty of herb but no actual herbs"...thanks for the giggle. I've always been able to find whatever I needed for that bath stuff and Vitamin Cottage and they are all over up here. Hey - I know a "special herb" recipe for your friend, mix some in rubbing alchohol and let it sit (kinda like flavoring oil). A hispanic friend of mine claims it to be a popular rub for aches and pains that many of the older folks use.

I'm not really a newly converted saver- just getting back to my roots. I was raised well, but got sucked into modern spending habits. They suck.

Huh, I've been wondering what kind of salve/soak/something I could send to Grandma for Mother's Day for her arthritis. The Colorado Special! And, yeah, I'd go to Manitou Springs more often if they didn't start rolling up the sidewalks at 4 p.m. Come on, people. Some of us work for a living.

Official weigh-in: 226#

I may as well go back to candy at this point. Then at least I'll have a reason to keep hitting new high scores. I really, really need to get a new job before I look like most of the employees here. And not the gym bunnies.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I may as well go back to candy at this point. Then at least I'll have a reason to keep hitting new high scores. I really, really need to get a new job before I look like most of the employees here. And not the gym bunnies.
    tsk tsk! I wish I had the answers for you, but I bet weighing less often/not at all would be good for your brain.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).