Page 52 of 180 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 52

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    hahaha- that's awesome, Caveman, thanks!

Sun, dirt, fresh air, what more can a girl ask for, right, Mud Flinger? I'm off for gardening shortly.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    And the date last night?? Fun guy or fungi?

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    hahaha- that's awesome, Caveman, thanks!

Sun, dirt, fresh air, what more can a girl ask for, right, Mud Flinger? I'm off for gardening shortly.
    Well, sometimes people need a pep talk. My 5yo is playing baseball, so this comes in handy with about any situation. "Are you nose-picking? There's no nose-picking in baseball!"
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Mud Flinger- I am so stealing that from you. And he's a fun guy It was super relaxed, which I needed. Although, man, what is it with guys keeping me out past my bedtime? On Saturday night I went out with a male friend and his friends and did the bar then Denny's thing. Haven't done that in forever. Fortunately, I always preferred icecream to their greasy breakfasts. Although I didn't get enough sleep either night. (aside from sleeping through church on Sunday, it wasn't really a problem until I had to lever myself out of bed this morning for work. Yuck)

Caveman- good luck with the five-year-old and nose picking. Really. Good luck. (although I like your approach)

226# this morning. I'm stopping at GoodWill or something on the way home for more big-girl pants. I need clothes that fit until I can fit back into the clothes I like.

I had a great weekend. Lots of outdoor time, lots of physical activity, interesting people. I think the icecream and the Strongbow caused the spike, because my food choices weren't even terrible. Oh- except for the slice of pizza- but that was one slice to everyone else's 4 to 6 and I didn't feel like explaining that, no, I really didn't need lunch after doing physical labor all morning. Bacon and eggs is a sufficient start for me. I also got all my Vitamin D the right way.

However, then I returned to work. Happy being outside encouraging muscle pain. Unhappy inside making money. I really need to get on this new job thing and seriously consider how much I really need to make versus the soul-space that a more satisfying job will leave me to take on other projects. The folks I was out with on Saturday are not wealthy. At all. But they were fun. They were social. They invited me to join their D&D group They were not playing on their smart-phones and discussing the latest app. They were talking toeach other instead. Imagine.

B- cottage cheese/frozen berries, tea/cream, coffee/cream, coffee/cream/CO/D
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    You sound better, MUCH better, than you have recently. Even if work is mind-blowingly soul-crushing and dull, you have plans for good things that make you happy and you've been doing things, talking to people you like, keeping busy etc. Yay!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    So glad you had a fun weekend. Sounds like the D&D guys are keepers. Those who know that fun and happiness are not all about $$ are total keepers in my book. I totally hate the superficial and expensive crap of going out any more. I guess I really am getting old I had a great time drinking Tequilla at home and digging in the dirt. There's just sooooo much left do do...

Thanks, Wonder! Yeah, I'm thinking there's enough sun and outdoor stuff to do now that I think I really am past the suckiest time of year. I need to make sure to get in more outdoor stuff after work to keep the glow from the weekends more or less chugging along through the week. But now that it's light out late, that shouldn't be a problem.

Mud Flinger- I'm trying to do more social-strata-hopping. When I just deal with "young professionals" which is where I guess I am right now, it's all about money, and work, and have you bought a house, yet? Then I spent Saturday afternoon having a long conversation with a Mennonite about comparative religions and community. (He was raised Baptist, but married a Mennonite) Sunday afternoon was spent with hippies/urban homesteaders. Saturday night was with the D&Drs. It really helps me re-think my priorities to be around people with different ones than me. I mean- are my priorites MY priorities, or the ones I think I should have because everyone around me has them?

L- walk, steak (I really need to sharpen that knife. If the slices had been thinner, I wouldn't have been sitting at my desk gnawing on the chunks of chilled, medium-rare steak ), coffee/cream

One of the hippies at the CSA thing was a girl with really, really long (like, waist-length) dreads. They were the thick kind, not my favorite, but I was still impressed with the dedication to get them that long. But when I looked at her complexion, pale and pimply, the first thing that went through my head was "Vegetarian, maybe vegan, high soy content. Wow- that was rude."

I need to figure out how to encourage chores to be social again. I've had so much fun at this CSA doing stuff rather than getting together strictly to socialize. Meeting people is better when you also get something accomplished. Huh- is that my Yankee upbringing peeking through?

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    If you're up for a detour on your trip, consider, I think it's 81 to 83 down through PA instead of sticking to the coast. Dad says it's about 100 miles out of the way, but it's 4 hours of trees and hills and far, far less civilization than New Jersey and New York.
    Yep, nice driving, that's my section of the world. And from Boston to DC, it would only add 1.5 hours, give or take, and traffic is a breeze for the most part. Added bonus, there are hundreds of PB-friendly farms a short crawl from 81 and 83 that sell grass-fed and pastured meats, dairy, and eggs at a good price. You could check out eatwild, take a cooler, and add a destination.

Ahh, talking about community again. The theme re-emerges.

My uncle has a joke about the Mennonites.

Q: What do Mennonite women want?
    A: Two Mennonite...

There's a Mennonite community not far from where I live, I really dig them. I missed a prime opportunity to be a Mennonite.

They have also done absolute miracles by building houses by the dozen in Phil Campbell and Hackleburg, AL, where the tornadoes went through last year...but you don't hear about stuff like that because the Mennonite's don't flaunt it like some of the mainstream churches do, mine included.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.