Page 51 of 180 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 51

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good Idea. If it can be done. How?

The best advice I ever received about emotions is that they are most often an over reaction and are not based on reality. Feeling devastated due to the loss of a loved one, is real. Feeling devastated over a binge or a bad scale number, is an over reaction. I try to pay attention to what I am thinking and feeling in any given situation.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I've had times without emotion. It's kinda scary. How do you take a sabbatical without being emotionless?

I'll pop over and check out what you're doing, Pebbles. Thanks for the heads up I need to get back to reading about the Stoics. I really like their philosophy and when I manage to apply it, it really helps with my tendency to worry.

Mud Flinger- actually, my writing has helped. I realized that many of my stories are, in a very broad sense, chaos vs structure. My heroines always choose chaos. Apparently I need more magic/wilderness/weather/wildness in my life

Official weigh-in: 223#

D- cottage cheese, burger w/bacon grease, kale, red wine

B- tea/cream, coffee/cream/CO/D, supps

I think my problem right now is that work is stressing me out (bored, frustrated, introvert forced to interact with people and pretend to be extroverted) and I am handling that right now by poisoning myself with food and alcohol. Because that's a super grown-up response. When I started the PB, I realized that I have used food in the past to help manifest mental and emotional pain into physical pain. I never cut myself. I never had to. Just had to indulge in some healthy pasta. When I crave wheat, the shit has hit the fan and I'm in trouble. I'm craving wheat.

I'm trying to get some time off next week. Our scheduling thingie sucks monkey balls if you try to schedule anything less than a month or two out, so I'm still waiting to hear back with whether I got it or not. Because I totally know two months in advance when I will need some mental time. I need to start walking again after work, and making sure to get sun on the weekends. This one is already scheduled to be all gardening. It should be fun

I worry. It runs in the family. And I always see the cloud instead of the silver lining. I need some time to veg mentally and emotionally- not physically- to help me regain my equilibrium so I can see whether or not the problem is genuine or I'm just "pileing on" as we say in the family.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Ah mental vacations... Those tend to come along with really good actual vacations, but I wish I could figure out a good process to take a mental vacation for a few hours at a time, to avoid piling on. When I went to DC last month, I had an amazing time and was super happy and not stressed the whole time there. It was a great mental vacation! I'm a little worried about going to my aunt's wedding next weekend because I want it to be a mental vacation, but I'm stressed about interacting with my sister who's been a cranky butt-head lately, nervous about seeing my cousins that I haven't talked to much ever and not for a long time (though they're very nice people), nervous about my family seeing my tattoo, nervous about the long drive down etc.

This is something good to think on, how to take a mental vacation. Hm. But I don't think it's a bad plan to schedule a vacation well in advance, whether you need it or not, because it's something to look forward to and it might help with crummier times down the road.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I hadn't planned anything yet because I'm still not exactly sure if/when I'll need the days for something in particular. It might not be a bad idea to just chuck in a week at some point and take it even if it's a staycation. It turns out I was denied. "Schedule your time two weeks in advance." Because a week and a half ago I knew I'd be losing my mind right now. Yep. Totally.

If you're up for a detour on your trip, consider, I think it's 81 to 83 down through PA instead of sticking to the coast. Dad says it's about 100 miles out of the way, but it's 4 hours of trees and hills and far, far less civilization than New Jersey and New York.

L- sushi and dark chocolate with mint. Because. That's right. Because.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    It's an 8 hr trip at the speed limit, without traffic, so I think we'll be sticking to the fastest route
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh. Well there's your problem. You do the speed limit I was raised to understand that it's a suggestion. Generally of the minimum acceptable speed.

I hear you, though. I do the long way because it helps me unwind- but I'd be driving up there for a week or more, not a weekend.

Dinner was a FTS kinda meal. Cottage cheese, sausage, fruit (berries), red wine, and sweet pickles. Not sure whether it was lunch or dinner, but I have swelled up in response.

B- tea/cream, tea/cream/CO/D, pot roast

I need to stop drinking so much coffee. It makes my tummy unhappy.

I'm fried. I have a low-key date tonight, but I kinda don't want to go. Why? Because I'm a puffy, engorged tick and I don't own any clothes that I like that actually fit. *pout* I need to cook, I need to sleep because I have a busy weekend gardening. I will have fun, and I'm pretty sure I could wear a mumu and he wouldn't notice (there are perks to dating a guy that's, well, all guy) so I'm going to go. I just wish I could be more excited.

I know what needs to happen to fix this. I know I can do it. I have done it. Multiple times. I'm just . . . tired. And I think a touch PMSy. I want to get myself sorted out, but I just don't have the energy. I need some walnut extract.

My time off next week was rejected, but I put in for time the week after. I need a break.

I hate to do this to you, being Friday and all, but here's a pep talk that might get you over the hump you're in...

If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

*pout* Work blocks YouTube But I will take a look when I get home. And I appreciate the intent until I can appreciate the content.

I think I was also hungry. I feel a little better with a crap-load of pot roast in me.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Have a happy muddy weekend Should be perfect w/ highs in the 60's - I'm looking forward to finally getting some veges in too!