Page 5 of 180 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 5

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I forgot dinner last night- Wesleydale cheese with cranberries and hot cocoa

I was in bed, lights out by about 8:30. Very little and very poor sleep this weekend. But- I think the supps are working. I was off them most of the week- ran out of them and money at the same time, so helpful- but I was really on target with them over the weekend. I slept like a rock last night and all but bounced out of bed this morning. Doubly amazing as I am way not a morning person and my bed has no springs

B- eggs with tuna and cheese, tea with cream and coconut oil
    S- black coffee- hey, one night of good sleep will not fix a week of bad sleep

This might count as a TMI- but sometimes I swear my body hates me. My period is not terrifically reliable and it'd been due for over a week. When did it decide to show up? While I was dressing for the wedding. Really? Not the day before so the water loss/bloating could be taken care of and I'd be over the worst of the cramps? It did it to me over vacation, too. By my calculation I should have had it on the first day we hit the trail. Boo, but at least I'd be on the blood-thirsty set of hormones not the fragile ones. But nooooo- I was a PMSy bitchy mess for the first several days and then I got to be a bloody mess. Thanks. Appreciate it.

I have recently determined that a big part of the bitchiness is that while I'm PMSing my ego is way fragile and the best defense is a good offense, right? I might be the only person that looks forward to the first day of bleeding since I know I'll switch over to cheerfully bloodthirsty- which is way easier to deal with. I'm hoping that the supps can help me with the fragility, too. It sucks when the world falls apart and you have to look at a calendar to determine if it's real or not. I'm also thinking about trying to match my cycle to the moon like I saw somewhere on here so at least it'll be predictable. But that requires blackout curtains- and I'm still pretty dang broke. Soon though. Soon.

L- Chicken, carrots, beets, grande mocha
    D- burger with butter, kale, kombucha, hot cocoa

Woke up pretty well again- except that I felt like someone was stabbing me in the head. It has since moved to a more normal vice-around-my-head headache. Oh- and I really pissed off a lady on the road this morning. Yes, I did cut her off. But I did not hit her, and it was after I had turned on my blinker and given her time to be polite and let me over. She didn't, and I needed to make the turn. I think she wanted me to pull over. Sorry, lady- I don't have time for fisticuffs before work. Get over yourself. You were warned that I needed to be in that lane. And there WAS a car and a half between her and the person in front of her- it's not like I was trying to squeeze between bumpers, here.

B- Bacon and cheese omelette, tea, half and half- coffee was considered, but deemed unnecessary
    S- I am looking forward to the broth I have for this morning. Maybe it'll help my head. Allergy meds, decongestants, and ibuprophen have only taken the edge off.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    A friend of ours has this philosophy.

"When I turn on my blinker I tell you what I am going to do, not asking for your permission."

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post

"When I turn on my blinker I tell you what I am going to do, not asking for your permission."
    Good philosophy. But, the notification has to come BEFORE (as drssgchic did) not AS you are doing it. I hate it when someone starts the lane change and puts on their blinker simultaneously.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    ....or they are already halfway into your lane and put it on. My personal favorite is when their blinker goes on behind your line of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post

Exactly. Do you know my dad? I do my best to give notification with time for them to be polite and let me over. I also do my best to let other people in as long as they're following the rules. You know- not flying up the empty lane that is closing to be the third person to cut in front of me. But if they fail to be polite, so do I.

L- Panera Turkey Harvest salad, tea latte- I really need to start packing again. This is expensive!
    D- Bacon, eggs with cheese, Rumplemintz followed by jaeger to help with the stabbing pain, two Berger cookies- they were from the wedding- and Berger cookies. If you've never had one- don't. They're not safe.

Early night last night- I think the lights were out by 8:30 again. I wasn't unconcious the whole time, but I was in bed with my eyes closed. I think I'm mostly caught up on sleep now. But- FYI- don't OD on GABA. The stabbing pain has mostly gone, but it is remarkably unpleasent. However, I was rather relaxed about the whole thing until the afternoon when my patience was just shot.

I was ready to wake up this morning. However, the combination of a delightfully chilly room, a snuggly warm wool comforter, and no real desire to get to work kept me in bed a little too late. And I forgot all my damn supps for today. Oops. There's a reason I set this stuff up the night before. I also left my brown purse on the counter. I know it's "anything goes" and all, but I'm a little old-fashioned and when the outfit is clearly brown the purse should be brown not black. Drat.
    Last edited by drssgchic; 10-19-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Forgot the cookies

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    What happened with the OD on GABA?

I combat the cold room & warm comforter (as well as warm, snuggly boyfriend) and lack of motivation for work too... I am hoping that once I get my supplements in order and such, that'll get much easier! How do you set up your supplements for the next morning? I'm thinking of getting one of those "old people" weekly pill boxes so I can distribute my pills at the start of the week and see earlier when I'm going to run out.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Well, I wasn't paying attention when I got the new supps. The old one was a 125mg sublingual. This one is, like, 750mg. Which, of course I didn't realize until I'd opened it. So I figured- what the heck- what's it going to do to me? Once the headaches stop I'll cut them in half and see if that works, since I'm a little too broke to be chucking supps at the moment.

I have a weekly pill box- no way it would fit everything. I ended up with little tupperwares with little baggies in them- the loose ones are for mid-morning and the baggied ones are for mid-afternoon. It's big enough for the supps, but small enough for my purse.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I OD'd once on Gaba. It was just the powder form and the damned thing said tsp not tbsp, but I took tbsp anyway. I think I had 18g of it or something. Headache, nausea and not giving a shit. Sorta sounds like what you are experiencing. That was the first and last time I ever took it. Isn't that what GBH (date rape drug) is a pre-cursor to?
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 5 of 180 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast