Page 49 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 49

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I tried that once in college. Never again. There are some things that just shouldn't happen while astride a horse!

Don't worry FW, I'm well aware that even prudes need titillation. The last house I lived in with a married couple had born-again neighbors. (as in, we knew they were born again and their church before they told us their names. The names never sank in) They were SURE something funny was going on. *sigh* No. He got to her before I did and wasn't inclined to share.

Caveman- haunting a girl's prettifying routine is bound to show you things you don't want to know. Just sayin'
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

You led me on with false advertising, Caveman. I shaved my legs for nothing! Nothing I tell you! Ok, but I did have an excuse to wear a skirt today It's nice to wear something that isn't inhibiting my breathing. (I mean, if it's going to do that, it really needs to be a corset)

Official weigh-in is 220.5# which means no actual gain or loss in the past 7 days. Which is why no matter how often I ACTUALLY weigh myself, I only record it once a week. No gain- I'll take it. Particularly considering how many meals out I've had this week.

L- Pot roast and veggies
    D- HuHot Mongolian Grill- it was fun. So, beef, pork, pad thai noodles, some veggies. We got a cheese-cake thingie for dessert, so there was some wheat, and I'm not going to think too hard about the oils used to fry it up. I had some wine when I got home.

B- tea/cream, greek yogurt and frozen strawberries, coffee/cream/CO/D

For the entertainment of my followers: She had a very pretty face, and huge knockers, but I can say with confidence that I carry my weight better (Yes, I was thinking- hmm- wonder what PB could do for her . . . ) We had fun.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    You led me on with false advertising, Caveman. I shaved my legs for nothing! Nothing I tell you! Ok, but I did have an excuse to wear a skirt today ...
    For the entertainment of my followers: She had a very pretty face, and huge knockers, but I can say with confidence that I carry my weight better (Yes, I was thinking- hmm- wonder what PB could do for her . . . ) We had fun.
    False advertisement? Sounds like lack of effort to me.
    I also see folks and think, golly, I bet 30 days primal and they'd look awesome. We're weird folks, don't you know?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

*Sigh* I know . . . After dinner we even went back to their house and (bow-chick-a)*aghm* hung out around a fire in the back yard. It seems I need to up my game.

I'm definitely guilty of looking at people and thinking "You don't have to look like that! Really!" Of course, then I look down at myself and know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this really is my fault. I can't even claim ignorance anymore.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like it was a fun date anyway. Hanging around a fire pit is pretty primal, now you just need to show them other fun primal things to do

I was hemming and hawing a little about going- since I really should get to bed at a decent time once this week. Then they mentioned fire. Yeah, I'm in for fire

L- dozing in the car and the rest of the pot roast
    D- ground beef over kale, red wine

Well, I solved the barn-stress problem. I quit. They are changing the requirements to what would end up being 3 nights a week with a six-month minimum commitment. Meeehhh, I can see why, but that's a lot of promises. Then they pipe in that we have to participate in at least one class a week as part of it. Hell no. Maybe if I didn't have to deal with idjits all day, I might have patience for those with actual mental and physical handicaps. Maybe. But I do, so I don't. And I don't have a friggin' project. I just show up and twiddle my thumbs until they decide what I should do. Sorry, folks, too many demands not enough perks. On the up side, now I have enough flexibility to pick up a side job. And it just occurred to me that I might be able to pick up a shit-shoveling job. That'd be perfect.

TGIF and a half day. Technically, I do have training, but it's off campus, so it counts as not work

B- tea/cream/CO/D, coffee, greek yogurt and blueberries

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    The timing of this may be really good for you. Summer and gardening are calling your name right now. Maybe look at doing some gardening with/for people you know and make a few bucks. The fact that you have another job with bennies allows you to work for much cheaper to get your name out there. Casually bring up the idea when you meet people, maybe prospect a little at gardening stores on the weekends and price stuff out while you are there so that people think you know your stuff. Drop (meaning tell people) the fact that you've been taking classes at Denver Botanical Gardens. You are worth more than you know. I know I could use a work buddy around my yard - many others can too. Can you get access to the yard where you will be renting soon? Maybe you could start getting beds ready or start planting some early veges.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have known so many people that would gladly exchange riding time for barn chores. I know I would have! If you NEED to get paid, that is a different matter.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

222.5# unofficially. On the other hand, considering how fail my eating choices were this weekend, it could be worse.

The weekend overall was a win, though. No wine, lots of sleeping, and I got to play in gardens both days. I spent Saturday afternoon (after I got around to waking up) digging up and planting the potato bed for the house I'll be moving into. Half-way through the neighbors came out and said they'd had no luck with 'taters. Soil's too heavy. Crap. On the other hand, he also thought my double-digging looked like a lot of work, so maybe ours will come up. *crosses fingers* The next step is digging over the main bed and starting the longer crops. Then I have to dig out an aspen (sad) sapling and plant the beans. She's a veggie and wants to grow some protein. I suggested chickens, but she didn't go for it.

I hadn't thought about hiring myself out as a grunt for spring garden prep, Mud Flinger. I could totally do that. It's what I spent Sunday doing in Denver for Heirloom Gardens Hmmm. Honeybuns, I have traded work for riding, but at the moment I'm too weak and fat to be anything but a burden to a horse. That, and I need to get my debt to zero and some savings tucked away so I can get the hell out of the rat race. It's not a matter of putting food on the table that I want to be paid, but it is a matter of sanity.

B- tea/cream, greek yogurt/strawberries, coffee/cream/CO/D and I just remembered, duh! supps!

L- salad and lemonade at Panera instead of my healthy and cheaper pot roast
    D- Fail- sushi, chips, cottage cheese

B- Double-fail. Not one, but two terrible breakfast burritos with wheat tortillas, tea/cream, coffee/cream.

I need to go out at lunch and pick up more allergy meds. And see if I can find some "give a shit," 'cause I'm running low. I need a vacation.

Mom has been thinking I need to get into mulch/compost sales like Dad's friend. I was telling them that I'm thinking about a rock and sand company 'round here. It's mulch. "No, that's funny, haha." No, really, we use rocks as mulch.