Page 46 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 46

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I'm trying to convince my boss of that exact thing.
    What I wouldn't give for a job where I can sit in my corner and concentrate on my tasks and be basically left alone. I had that in my last department. We even communicated with each other via IM so we didn't have to get up and talk. But noooo- my entire resume is "customer service" so it looks like that's all I can do. (Actually, what I'd really like is a job where I can go off into a field somewhere and reappear at mealtimes. Eventually . . .)

I'm moving in with the veggie because she's a friend that needs a roommate, it's less rent than I'm paying now, and I get a yard to play in. I'm pretty sure I can also hijack her dog when I need some pet time. I've already verified that she'll let me make stock (smell issues) and that if I make something that includes stock, she won't necessarily pass on it. We'll be sharing the veggies out of the garden, and stock just makes everything better. That and butter. I'll probably hold off on feeding her bacon grease for now . . . She's a veggie mostly beacuse she doesn't like the texture of meat, so it's not like I'm moving in with a die-hard nutcase. I'm quite sure it'll be live and let live on that score. Except for the butter. There will be butter.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You can also make the stock outside in a crock pot. I love them as they don't use much energy and in the summer when I shun all heat producing devices, I can put it outside and leave it run day and night. This has become my new goto for stock as I can let it go for days and even re-use the bones several times before they get kinda porous (grass fed bison bones are $5/lb and I can put like 5 lbs in my crock so I try to get my $ out of it).

I'm sure you can make it work with a vegetarian just like those with non-primal families do it. Rice on the side will become meat on the side. Focus on the stuff you argee on - like great veges from the garden (and convert her to butter)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    You can also make the stock outside in a crock pot. I love them as they don't use much energy and in the summer when I shun all heat producing devices, I can put it outside and leave it run day and night. This has become my new goto for stock as I can let it go for days and even re-use the bones several times before they get kinda porous (grass fed bison bones are $5/lb and I can put like 5 lbs in my crock so I try to get my $ out of it).

I'm sure you can make it work with a vegetarian just like those with non-primal families do it. Rice on the side will become meat on the side. Focus on the stuff you argee on - like great veges from the garden (and convert her to butter)!
    I'm saving up bones for a bone broth...so a crock pot will work fine? I'm not liking this whole leave it on low for 30 hours on the stove-top with cavekids in the house. Just put it on low for that amount of time?

Oh yeah- I use my crock pot. Actually, last time I made beef broth I think I forgot about/ignored it for four days. It's niiice and gelatenous Just don't forget to keep it fairly topped up with water so it doesn't catch fire. I never thought about using it outside. That may or may not work with the dog . . . but she did give me permission to make it inside. I'm looking forward to being able to break the bones half-way through with my sledge hammer without worrying about downstairs neighbors. One drawback to not being on the bottom floor.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

L- meatballs and sad salad from the pasta bar. Even if it's free, I really shouldn't do that again. Tummy NOT happy!

I can't win for losing. Which means I'm not losing. 223.5# today. I need to stop by GoodWill this week to see if I can find a basket for a project. Maybe I should see if they have any mu-mus while I'm there.

I discovered the issue yesterday. My cream turned. So I need to get a new one of them. FFS.

D- ground beef, cheese, kale, black russian because I'm out of wine and the cream is bad, butter w/cocoa

B- pot roast w/veggies, black tea w/D, black coffee.

I took my supps yesterday, and I have them to take today. I'm also going to be seeing a friend after work to talk gardening and hang out.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I just recently decided that focusing on the scale and measurements were not helping my mental attitude any. I thought of you when I decide to focus on strength and stamina instead. I miss the days of moving hay bales around, mucking out stalls and just generally being more active.
    Concentrate more on enjoying your life. The rest will come.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sorry to hear the weight loss has been disappointing. Why do you think the weight hasn't been moving? It's difficult to tell from your posts, as the meals generally appear to be PB-friendly. There must be something (IF, periods of VLC/keto) that can kickstart the process. Do you think you are getting enough physical activity? Maybe add in a day or two of short, intense workouts? Let's brainstorm this!

Honeybuns- Glad I could help you move in a good direction! People laugh at me when I bemoan the loss of my callouses, but I'm serious!

FW- The weight isn't moving because I hate my life right now. I'm tired because my sleep is lousy which is not helped by drinking, which is caused by the fact that life is easier to bear if it's through a bit of a wine haze. Yes, I am aware that that is not a healthy thing to do. I'm also not breathing well partially due to my allergies, partially due to the fact that I own one pair of pants that isn't too tight. In fact, I should have foregone the jeans day today. This is not comfortable.

There isn't much to be done about this just at this very moment. It's tax day, so busy season should be over soon, and I've got gardens to play in. I just need to hold on until things get better. Then I'll have the energy to add in exercise- what exercise that doesn't happen spontaniously.

It's funny- I have someone in my life that just thinks I'm the cutest thing ever. Exactly as I am. I want to believe him, I do. But I'm not happy with this buddha belly I'm rocking right now. It ain't supposed to be there.

But- I appreciate the encouragement! This will get resolved!

I'm sure you are the cutest thing ever (Mrs. Finny aside)!

I hear you on wine, and I think that's what's causing my months-long plateau. I'm not unhappy where I am, but I'm sure I could get the numbers dropping again if I changed the evening habits. Problem is, I like to have some wine when I'm cooking, then a little unwinding and checking out FB, then wome more wine with dinner and... there you have it. For you, hopefully the post-tax season will lessen your stress, and allow you some better sleep.