Page 45 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 45

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Aaw, thanks Canio! I do tend to do better in written formats than any other Particularly when there's some anonymity involved.

I knew it would be greek to most people. In short- lady, when I say I don't know how to do what you want, take 5 minutes and teach me so that I can do it. Oh, and don't ask for something that's impossible, if you please.

I have considered shaving my head, but between the regular trims to keep it up and the fact that I'd end up looking terribly butch, I'll just stick with my long hair that gets pulled back in a tight bun when it's not as clean as it could be
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Greetings and salutations. I shall follow your primal journey, with your consent.

Enter and be welcome! Front row seats still available for the primal re-boot. Comments from the peanut gallery are encouraged
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about you barn frustrations! This is supossed to be the fun part of your day Maybe this person is one to be avoided? If you're having issues with her, I'm sure others are too. Maybe find someone who "gets" her and get some tips from them to make it better.

As for the hair - meh, you're probably the only one to notice - people are wrapped up in their own crap. FWIW, I like showers/being clean - it makes me feel better no matter how crappy I feel.

Oh, and we are glad you're here!

I think the last barn I was a serious part of spoiled me. The owner was a friend who knew me and my skills, so I was allowed to do pretty much what I liked. I was even dubbed the "groundwork guru" because I'd take on almost any issue with almost any horse as long as my feet were on the ground. She, on the other hand, was that way as long as she was on their back. This one is new to me and they have about 300 volunteers to manage. The hardest part for me- and why I'm less assertive of my skills than I could be- is that they are of a decidedly Western mindset while my best training came from the only British Horse Society-rated school in the US. The BHS doesn't do Pat Parrelli, so neither do I. It's on the to-learn list, but I don't know it yet.

I do at least make an effort not to smell. That would be rude in a cubicle farm. Other than that, yeah, I'm sure they don't notice/care. My concern about it is mostly that it might be a symptom of a bigger issue. It's funny- I love baths and showers, but since dropping soap and shampoo, I no longer get that "omigod I'm so gross I can't live in my own skin!" feeling that I used to if I forwent bathing for a weekend. Of course, that also means that I don't get the "aahhhh I'm clean and pretty and shiny" feeling after bathing after said weekend

B-tea/cream, coffee/cream/CO/D
    L- coffee/cream, squash/pork soup
    I didn't put together my supps last night, so I don't have them to take today. However, the moodiness started yesterday when I was taking them, so I don't think that's the problem. I think it's just spring and I'm worn out so it's going to be up and down for a while.

Unofficial weigh-in: 223#. FFS. I wasn't THAT bad this weekend!

Ok, so I saw my vegetarian soon-to-be roommate putting canola oil away after making the peanut-sauce stir-fry we had for dinner. At least she asked about tofu instead of just making it that way? (Yes, I went home and had bacon) And the pulled pork from the BBQ place- since I was up in Denver on Saturday- is probably cooked in questionable oils. I hope it's just water weight from the O6s.

A lady at church returned my PB and Paleo Diet books to me when I was sitting with the vegetarian. They were in a bag, so I just said "diet books." Over dinner, I was telling her that I might have to reintroduce her to butter. "Maybe it would help your (my) diet to drop the butter." The butter isn't the problem. This was after telling me that the hands-down best way to lose weight is to add some nuts and seeds because they have good fats and protein to keep me satiated. Uuuh huh. I'm fat because I'm miserable and eating too much. Not because of the butter. Hmm- maybe butter is the problem. I need to eat more . . .

Friday was a good day at the barn! I'd been given my instructions on Thursday, so I got there and got to work right away. Then the girl that gives me my instructions wasn't around, so I was done with hardly any human interaction at all. It was delightful.

B- I really, really need to make food tonight. tea/cream/CO/D, coffee/cream

Why do you want to live with a vegetarian? Don't they smell funny? Unless you're planning on some sort of disaster where you would survive because you outran the veggie? Like a lion/tiger/bear revolution? Really though, don't they smell weird?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    A lion/tiger/bear revolution? Oh my.

I'm glad to hear your latest stable visit went well drssgchic. Lack of human interaction is a beautiful thing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Lack of human interaction is a beautiful thing.
    I'm trying to convince my boss of that exact thing.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I'm trying to convince my boss of that exact thing.
    You and me both. I wish you luck.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony