Page 44 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 44

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Official weigh-in of 220.5#. Not good, but not bad considering where I started the week.

B- tea and cream, coffee/cream/CO/D and my supps. I didn't pack breakfast so I'm just going with lunch.

My mood is sliding back down a bit, but that's probably lack of sleep. However, I'm not going to throw in the towel this weekend and eat whatever. I am going to at least try to be good. No matter what.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 Guest
    I'm not sure if you heard, but according to the wisdom of the GotD thread all your problems can be solved by quitting work and having babies. Thought I would pass that along. You're welcome. don't shoot me

Seriously though, I hope things pick up for you soon. If nothing else I hope this weekend is better than last.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm not sure if you heard, but according to the wisdom of the GotD thread all your problems can be solved by quitting work and having babies. Thought I would pass that along. You're welcome. don't shoot me
    Laughed my head off at that.

*click* *takes aim at Canio*

Yes, but when women get preggers, most of them gain weight, so perhaps I have the only possible problem that can't be solved by being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Although, I will say, the barefoot and kitchen part don't sound so bad. Now to find a man to take care of me so that I can do these things . . . After all, being just a woman, I have no reason to take care of myself

I did the one-mile lunch walk again. It's not as easy as it should be, but it was better than last time. Now I'm wondering if it had to do with the OD of O6 last weekend. My body might have been feeling a bit insulted.

This weekend will be better. I'm doing a class on herbal/natural mother's day gifts on Saturday and I am making myself go to church on Sunday. I'm also hoping to start turning over dirt for another garden at some point. The plan is to come back lighter on Monday instead of heavier
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Didn't get too much sleep, though. But I'm willing to give up sleep for a thunderstorm and the rain that came with it.
    That thunder storm was awesome over here - thought it might have hailed a little too - we sooooo need the moisture. My water bill was $250 for March from watering (usually it's ~$25 with no watering). I feel like it's raining $$$!

canio6 Guest
    *click* *takes aim at Canio*
    It's times like this I regret being a wide target. :/

Now to find a man to take care of me so that I can do these things . . . After all, being just a woman, I have no reason to take care of myself
    Now you are learning. Keep saying it until you believe it. *ducks in case there is more than one round in that weapon*

This weekend will be better. I'm doing a class on herbal/natural mother's day gifts on Saturday and I am making myself go to church on Sunday. I'm also hoping to start turning over dirt for another garden at some point. The plan is to come back lighter on Monday instead of heavier
    That sounds like a great plan. Give us an update on the mother's day gifts otherwise mom is getting a toaster again (kidding). As for lighter/heavier...eh, come back happier

It's entirely possible that going overboard on O-6 made your walking more difficult. There are days when I can tell a huge difference in my running just off of what I eat, not just energy, but smoothness of motion, overall ease.

Have you ever tried power naps during the day? I can't do it -- until I'm allowed to bring a small sofa into my cubicle here at work, there's no way I can get comfortable enough in this stupid chair to get even 10-15 minutes of Z's -- but some people seem to benefit from it.

BTW, I'd just like to clarify that I wasn't trying to pit the Ramones against Led Zep. Love 'em both, but they're apples and... trapezoids. But it's heartening to know so many of you whippersnappers like the Ramones.

Mud Flinger- Coming from the lush East, the water issues out here just flummox me. I mean, things like watering your plants in the winter. And watering your compost pile. So, really, it was raining $$! I'm already plotting ways to keep water on my land when I get it. Legally. (no rain barrels. WTF? Really?)

Canio6- We have yet to find out if I can hit the broad side of a barn. Given my eye-hand coordination with sports, I think you're safe. But I'll get back to you on that one. Or you can practice your sprints

I wasn't going to take the class, since I'm trying to focus on growing stuff now with the idea being that preserving/eating/using would come later. However, I have a friend who's going to be a mother who's birthday is coming up, so I figured I could pick up some information for making her things Don't worry, there will be a blog post

FW- When I'm flat-out non-functional and I have a full hour for lunch, I actually rack out in my car. The most comfortable thing, no, but close enough. I usually only get in about 30 minutes, but it's remarkable how much it can help with the rest of the day. A power nap at my desk, while possible for me, would probably be frowned upon by my supervisor. Particularly since on the campus I came from, there was a huge to-do over people taking naps in the break room.

Apples and trapezoids. I'm so stealing that.

L- squash and sausage soup
    S- 2 squares of 85% chocolate
    D- meat from a Carls Jr "Western Burger," 4 "smoked beef" sausages, red wine

I am under-appreciated and under-utilized everywhere and it's my own damn fault. I wish I was one of those people that could at least be honest about the skills I have. But no- I downplay them. Every fucking time. And then I'm taken at my word and underused.

I went to the barn and was given a horse that has some movement issues. Like, he almost fell down last week with a rider on his back. "Do some groundwork and tell me how he's moving." "I know English groundwork, not the natural horsemanship stuff." "It's the same." No, no it isn't. By English groundwork, I mean I can lunge a horse, ground-drive, long-line, trot in-hand. Giving of the shoulders and haunches on the ground is NOT something that we learn unless we're going to be a trainer and need to be able to teach a horse a concept to be used from the saddle. "You've got the right idea, but you need to assert yourself." "I can't assert myself because I'm not sure I'm right. If I'm not, pushing the issue will just confuse him" Because I already told you that I DON'T KNOW THIS. "Walk him out and tell me what you feel." Lady, if I'm leading him, I can't watch him which means that unless he's three-legged lame, I can't tell you shit. (When I did hear something funny, I turned to watch him and he didn't change his pace but one of the other women kinda-snapped "Turn around and don't look at him!" Fine- then YOU tell ME what you see, cause I got nuthin') BTW- I did "lunge" him on the end of the leadrope (which just makes my English-trained soul hurt every time) and they might be calling him "sore" and blaming it on untrimmed feet- but he ain't moving like he's sore. He's moving like there is something fucked up in his back which is affecting his control. But what do I know? Pity, too. He's sweet as anything and totally cool with all the goofy shit that the therapy horses have to put up with, but he's no good if he can't carry a rider.

I should have washed my hair last night. I didn't care enough to do so. One of the symptems of depression is a lack of caring about personal appearance. Pushing the timing of washing my hair started with trying to see if I could wash it less, but now it's a "meh, I don't have to" on a far too regular basis. I AM still showing up at work, which historically has been my "uh oh, this is bad" cue. But not bathing is new for me. This is not a good sign.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I understood about 3 words of that last post. Something about horses, looking without looking, and needing so smack one of the other women in the mouth. As for washing hair...yeah, get a high and tight...no more worries. Okay, maybe not the best advice ever....

For under appreciation, well, I know it ain't much but we appreciate the hell out of you over here in MDA land.