Page 4 of 180 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 4

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    On the up side- Pikes Peak looks really good in white
    Yeah, it looked really cool this morning. Lots of snow.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Did you see the moon this morning? One perk of morning overtime- I get to see the sunrise. Wait- I don't like sunrises . . . But the moon was beautiful.

L- steak, carrots, beets, mocha, coconut oil
    D- Burger and summer squash, rumplemintz and sparkling water

Between the late allergy meds (bought at lunch) and the coffee, sleep was late in coming. Although I did get about half of my vacation pictures uploaded. You know, its only been a month . . . Oh- and I sprinted! In the pool. It was good!

Of course today I'd love to get my workout in today by wringing the necks and punching the faces of my "resources" at work and the damn customers. I can't see the next fucking step- but I can guarentee that if you had half a brain, it'd be obvious! I'm in customer service- I'm not your mother. It is NOT my job to walk you through every damn step. And as added fun, the people that are supposed to be my resources when I get strange questions were ignoring me. I'm not asking this for my health. I'm asking because I have a (rude and/or stupid) customer on the line that needs to know- now. I hate humanity. Any bright ideas on jobs that do not require interaction with other people? Anyone? Bueller? *headdesk*

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha well customer service is definitely not the way to go for avoiding interaction with other people! Computer programming is pretty individual except for team meetings and team projects. And fixing stupid people's code (or so I've gathered from my dad). But I know the feeling of feeling stranded by your resources; it is very frustrating.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I wish I had other skills, but right now my resume is all customer service. I'm good at it. Remarkably so, actually, given my personality. But it's killing me. All I want to do is have a farm/ranch/at least enough land for a friggin' garden so that I can just . . . take care of myself. Fame, fortune, a legacy- bah. I just want to grow my own damn food- but that's really not an option unless you have land. Which requires a mortgage. Which requires a paying job. Which sucks.

However, I am working on becoming a novelist so I can pull a Stephen King and just come out of hiding once or twice a year as the publisher requires.

Well- apparently I need to work on my sprinting if I can lift the next day. Oops. Particularly if I added reps or weight to each exercise I did my power cleans with weights on the bar! Those adorable little 2.5# ones. One on each end! (gotta start somewhere, right?) So, I'm feeling much more human. Did you know that one of the reasons working out makes you feel better is that it floods your brain with the precourser to serotonin? Apparently your muscles demand every amino acid except tryptophan- leaving it as the most abundant which encourages it to move to the brain. Now to remember that every time I'm a crankypants . . .

B- eggs and salmon, tea, cream
    S- Dark Chocolate (to help with the crankiness, and I was hungry from yesterday)
    L- Squash and meat from my oxtail- I wasn't too sure about the meat when I was pulling it off the bones (I'd bought it mostly because I really wanted broth) but it's 30-50% fat eyeballing it- and surprisingly not bad.

Oh yeah- switching from folk music to death/black metal helped too. Anybody else find Dethklok and Amon Amarth soothing, or is that just me?
    Last edited by drssgchic; 10-12-2011 at 02:23 PM.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    You went from folk music to death metal? Jesus. The biggest problem with folk music is that it's folk music.

Congrats on the 2.5'ers. Before you know it they will be 25s.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Yes, yes I did, Icarian. And no knocking Peter, Paul, and Mary. I happen to like folk music That station is also 60s and 70s music, so it's an interesting mix.

Thank you for the congrats. Here's hoping . . . Actually, there was a guy there before me that I had to ask for the bar (why do I have to put away other people's weights? Really?) and as we were pulling the weights off- since I don't use that many- he said that I'd get there. Benching 225? Ha! But it was sweet of him to say.

My butt hurts today! That means I'm finally (starting to) move off my quads and into my glutes and hamstrings! Woo hoo!

D- Sausage
    S- 2 hotdogs, rumplemintz and sparkling water- reminding me not to stay up after my bedtime- I get noshy. But I did finally get the last of the pictures uploaded.

B- eggs and salmon, chicken broth

Official weigh-in: 201# Son of a bitch. At least it's (slightly) less than it was earlier this week. I really, really hate being over 200, but I can't seem to stay under with any consistancy.
    Last edited by drssgchic; 10-13-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: forgot the pain!

L- Panera Steak and Bleu Cheese salad, vanilla rooibos tea latte- I think they put sugar in the salad dressing- bad energy crash in the afternoon.
    D- Steak (how bad is it that grain-fed steak barely does it for me any more?) Sweet potates fried in coconut oil with cinnamon, home made italian soda

B- Bacon and cheese omelette, coffee, half and half, coconut oil

Today's music- Musicals and show tunes. The drawback being that I can't sing along at work. My chair dancing to the other music is about as much wierd as I'm willing to embrace- for now.

Off to a wedding back in Baltimore. We'll see how the weekend food goes . . .

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I had that Panera salad at some point over the summer. I thought it was gross! I wasn't really focusing on cutting out sugar then, but I definitely think there was sugar in the dressing. I felt sick afterwards.

Have fun in Baltimore!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Panera really isn't my first choice- but it's better than most of the fast, local lunches. I do need to check out the BBQ place, though.

L- Beef Broth
    D- Quiznos cobb salad and jerky (airport)
    S- Cheese and three apricots (not even considering the accompanying crackers)- it was a long night so I needed the food

Saturday-
    B- Earl Gray tea latte, ham and tomato omelette, bacon, sausage- and the realization that Baltimore is still ugly and I still hate it.
    L- IF
    Cocktail hour- red wine, a bacon-wrapped shrimp and assorted cold Italian noshies.
    Dinner- Salmon, summer squash, potatoes, more wine
    Dessert- half a chocolate mousse (dang my date, I could have eaten the whole thing!) but no wedding cake- though it was very pretty

Exercise- dancing! Real dancing- my date was my ballroom partner. The groom had informed us that we were the entertainment, so we too to it with gusto. Oh my god I missed him. It is hard to beat a man that can dance. And is a general (if arrogant) teddybear to boot.

There was crying. Not for the ceremony or the marraige- they're such a good match for each other- but because my people are there and my home is here. I was so happy to see two of the three people that I want to transplant out here- but not one of them will ever leave Maryland and I can't go back. I'm sure (ok, I hope) I'll find some of my people out here- but making friends is very hard for me- and bosem buddies even harder.

B- Earl Gray tea latte
    L- Blackberry iced tea, potato soup, bacon cheese burger sans bun, some fries (hey, I was hungry)
    S- two Goetz caramel thingies. Lack of sleep was making me crash hard and the choices on a plane are limited.

Oh- I thought Denver airport was big flying out. Dallas/Fort Worth has a friggin' lightrail!

Page 4 of 180 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast