Page 39 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 39

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    OK, I won't defile this temple of purity and innocence with double entendres and innuendo, then!
    You wont? Well, damn, I will have to stop reading it then.

I'm with drssgchic on the need to get sorted at home. As you say, it is much better to do it without premades. I just need to get my lazy behind in gear.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    My pet peeve is Brussels sprouts that are cooked beyond all recognition and are soggy little doggies. Just kills them.

Drssgchic, I try to always pack dinner leftovers for lunch the next day, and to pack my own breakfasts when I'm having them. Mrs. FW likes yogurt and berries, and assembling our own rather than using premades avoids a lot of added sugar, even with a little raw honey in the mix. Convenience foods always seem to sneak sugar and other baddies in.

OK, I won't defile this temple of purity and innocence with double entendres and innuendo, then!
    You won't? *pout* But there are so many more that I need to learn . . .

If I were cooking for more than one, then it would probably be easy to box up dinner leftovers- but I don't usually have any. I try to cook up enough lunches (and now that I'm working on getting back on the horse, also breakfasts) over the weekend and just chuck them in the freezer. I just haven't been making myself do it.

But- I handled today's lack of packed lunch and lack of time for lunch (shoe shopping- don't judge me- my usual pair is falling apart and I have a date coming up. I'm allowed to be shallow) with coffee with heavy cream and coconut oil. It's really not quite enough, but it'll get me through.

I do have to stop and pick up some good ground beef on the way home, though. I got some grass-fed at Sunflower but the texture isn't the same as the local not-grassfed but hormome/antibiotic free and very fresh that I usually get. Now that I know about pink slime, I'm kinda squicked out by the texture.

*Waves!* Hi Canio! Glad you stopped lurking! Don't let Finnegan's Wake's prudeishness scare you off. I'm no BloodOrchid, but in the right mood I can hold my own
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Dinner was ground beef and cheese over kale and red wine.

Breakfast was a generous fifth of the crustless quiche I made last night. It ended up being very significantly canned salmon- but it's hard to argue with that being good I'm currently sipping tea/cream/coconut oil/Vit D. I took all my supps yesterday, and I have them with me to take today.

I need to start moving again. I think I might lift tomorrow, depending on how much sleep I get tonight.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

canio6 Guest
    How does one serve ground beef and cheese over red wine?

Good luck with the sleep and subsequent lifting

Ever heard that quote "I love to cook with wine, sometimes it even makes it in the food"? That's how

Guess what?! Unofficial weigh-in on Monday was 221. Today's unofficial (because it's not Thursday or Friday) weight is 218! Woo hoo! Clearly I was rather swelled up with water- but whatever gets me moving in the right direction again.

It's funny the games your mind plays with you. When I was weighing in at 220+ I was feeling fat and lifeless and was taking the elevator the two floors up from the scale to my desk. At 218, I was feeling light enough that the stairs were no problem! Ok, I need to take them more, I was slightly puffy at the top. But with a mere 4# difference from my high weight this go-round I'm already feeling better.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Ever heard that quote "I love to cook with wine, sometimes it even makes it in the food"? That's how
    One for the pot, one for the cook is gospel in my house.

Awesome with your weight and state of mind. It is amazing how must a relatively small change can matter. Seems to be a bit like pricing - "No way I am paying $101 for that! Oh, it's $99.99? Less than a hundred bucks? Hell yeah, I'll take two!"

I'll admit that due to my strange brain even numbers jack me up. I lost 50 pounds and thought, "Yay, 50 pounds, I can relax" Well, welcome back weight. If it had been 49 or 51 I would have had to keep going. This time I am not letting that happen.

Lol- and of course the gain is so gradual, what's a pound or two? It's not that bad. Until you add them all together.

Here's to vigilence and success! Again! *raises glass*

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Here's to vigilence and success! Again! *raises glass*
    Salud

Official weigh-in: 217#

L: Panera Potato Soup (perfect, no, but I still haven't made lunches to bring)
    D: It was kind of a wierd evening, so I ended up with sweet potatos fried in ghee, a couple of primalish brownies, and a glass of wine. Not great, but not terrible.

Today: B: another slice of the fishy quiche with the tea/cream/coconut oil/D. I didn't pack my supps last night, so I don't have them. Also, didn't gather my gym clothes to go to the gym. I am going to the barn, though, so there will be some fresh air and at least moving slowly.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    L: Innards of a Five Guys bacon cheeseburger with unsweetened iced tea

D: Cheese and ground beef over kale again with wine and more brownies. They're mostly almond butter, so it's not terrible.

I got in some moveing! A fair amount of walking and standing around in the sand arena at the barn. There was also a little running. One of the horses needed work at the trot, so trot we did. Oof, I'm in tough shape. In my defense, I was running in sand.

B: Quiche again, with the tea. No supps again. I need to get a couple more containers so I can set up a full week at a time.