Page 38 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 38

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey now- I'm just going off of personal experience here. Apparently I need to date better quality men And offer them better quality robes.

I just remembered that I had a dream last night. I was in a cavern in what must have been the south west given the red of the rock and the amazing arches and holes worn into it. I was lining up this amazing picture through some of the holes when out walks this tiger. Not a native-to-the-area mountain lion but an orange-and-black-striped tiger. I'm too close to run, and he's not being aggressive, so I stand my ground and stay outwardly calm. He starts batting and wrestling with me like a cat would- claws sheathed. Inside I'm scared to death because I've become a tiger's toy, but on the outside I wrestle and play back, eventually getting him to back off and leave me alone. Then out comes my favorite instructor from my vacation last summer to tell me that I handled it well and we needed to go back to camp for the next thing.

PB dreams are da bomb.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I weighed myself this morning. 222# is my official re-start weight.

I went outside and sunned instead of starting my bone broth yesterday- but I'll just get it rolling tonight.

It's funny. This go-round I know exactly what I need to do and I know it'll work if I do it, but I'm way less motivated. Maybe it's the time of year, maybe it's eating too much crap lately- or maybe it's just that I have to struggle to get below 200# again. I've done this. Several times now. I'm thinking about tucking away my 18W pants to keep this time like my goal pants. The goal pants are, of course, in hopes that I can get into them again. The 18Ws because, given my history, I probably will need them again. I really, really need a job where I'm moving. If I have that, this shouldn't happen again. I hope.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

I was fading hard yesterday afternoon. I've been too short on sleep lately, but it shouldn't have been that bad. About 4ish I realized that I'd had two cups of tea, one cup of coffee, and a handful of pepperoni all day. Huh. That might explain it.

I didn't get my food squared away this weekend. However, I did play in a couple of gardens- so it evens out.

So far today I'm starting with greek yogurt with frozen strawberries, tea, half-n-half (I grabbed the wrong carton- boo) coconut oil, and Vitamin D. I think lunch will be some lunchmeat and cheese from a deli since I need to fetch a couple of things from the grocery store anyway. Then I'll be cooking and getting around to starting my broth tonight. So- not a perfect start, but I am looking forward to the fresh kale I have sitting in my fridge right now. I just need to pick up some new beef. What was in the fridge had been ignored a little too long. *shudder*

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Ewww pepperoni. I mean, I love it, especially on pizza, but it always makes me feel a bit icky. The oil on it has always seemed evil to me. Probably doesn't help that it's got all kinds of preservatives that my gut can't handle right now (even if it's just yeast!).

Gardening for the w00t. Hehe I'm guilty of leaving things in the fridge too long, so is Boyfriend, but since we mostly survive off of frozen veggies now, that happens much less often!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I was on a preserved meat kick for a while. I'm pretty over it now. But- I will tell you that pepperoni is pretty good with pan-fried brussel sprouts. Particularly when smothered in melted cheese. However, I will refrain from buying more at least for a while. I need to get back on track with real food. And I've found that if I'm eating it streight up, you're right, there's only so much that can be consumed. I'm not going to think too hard about what's causing that.

I way undershot the number of worms I needed for my vermicompost, so I can't give them the wilted . . . ok, dessicated . . . veggies still lurking in there. They have enough trouble with my regular contributions. Oh well. Apparently they breed fast. And they are already making some nice compost out of what I've fed them and their bedding.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Nice, feeding the wormies. Of course, my first thought with "worms" is not as pleasant as the garden variety.

Brussel sprouts I still have not attempted to make. I haven't eaten any in years, as far as I remember. They say they're delicious in bacon grease. I will need to subject Boyfriend to some culinary experiments now that I'm cooking again.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Brussels are delicious. Halve them, bake them at 350F until the edges are brown and sweet, slather those bastards in butter and salt and pepper, easy side dish. If you do dairy, roasted Brussels with bleu cheese and walnuts, doused with some EV olive oil, FTW. I would imagine they are rockin' in bacon grease, but what's not better in bacon grease? And yes, you dirty birds, that could apply to more than just food.

These aren't just garden worms. They're fancy-schmancy European worms I should get their post finished and posted . . . soon.

The first time I had burssels sprouts, they were already seasoned and such at Trader Joes, so I figured, what the heck, right? I do need to expand what I do with them, though- thanks for the suggestions Finnegan's Wake!

And who are you calling dirty birds? Huh? This is a temple to purity and innocence! We would never- *tumble, thump, splash* Dangit- every time I try and climb out of the gutter I fall back in.

So- sounds like you have suggestions . . .

Let's see- yesterday was a decent start.

L: honey ham and smoked swiss cheese from the deli
    D: burger and kale with a little bacon, white russian

B: sausage patty and one bite of the biscut from a burgerking breakfast sandwich, tea, heavy cream, coconut oil, vitamin D

I really need to get my food sorted out at home so I can just grab and run in the morning. However, I did get my supps refilled, so I'll be taking them shortly.

In other news- it was 80 on Sunday and it is snowing today. I love Colorado

My pet peeve is Brussels sprouts that are cooked beyond all recognition and are soggy little doggies. Just kills them.

Drssgchic, I try to always pack dinner leftovers for lunch the next day, and to pack my own breakfasts when I'm having them. Mrs. FW likes yogurt and berries, and assembling our own rather than using premades avoids a lot of added sugar, even with a little raw honey in the mix. Convenience foods always seem to sneak sugar and other baddies in.

OK, I won't defile this temple of purity and innocence with double entendres and innuendo, then!