Page 36 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 36

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would have to agree that working side by side is a much better way to get to know people. Glad to hear about your move - a yard is a wonderful thing - esp. when your into gardening. There are some really cute chicken coop designs out there too if your handy. For the record, I have yet to make my first kill. I figure with my chickens, my sled dogs are really good at it (it's happened too many times already and they are quick and efficient at it) so I'll just finish up. The turkeys are way too big to leave to the dogs, so when it comes their time, I plan to get them drunk first. My hubby works w/ someone from Guatamale who said they did that first when they were kids and it just seems more humane to me. I may need to strangle them first and then use an ax as they are really strong too when fully grown and I don't want to cut my hand off or something in the fight. If nothing else, it will be an adventure!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    You have sled dogs, too?! *sidles up to Mud Flinger* Hi, new friend . . . I bet you're one of the few people that aren't happy with this "early spring" we seem to be getting. Did you see that the newest Iditerod winner is only 25 and he beat his champion father and grandfather that had been in the original race? How awesome is that? And I like your killing methods. There are worse ways to go than by dog or drunk.

Ok, 214# is official. Oh well. This will be fixed at some point in the future. At the moment, I am absurdly happy that I will not be going to the barn on Thursday and Friday- they cancelled on me- so I can, like, clean! And cook! And get to bed early! Which might be my first priority tonight. After I go get me some steak. I live a scintillating life. Edge of your seat at all times. I picked up some brown-rice elbow macaroni and had buttered noodles with parmasan cheese. I think it finally crushed my desire for noodles. It wasn't aweful- but it really wasn't good.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Huh- how many places can one appreciate another's killing methods . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Huh- how many places can one appreciate another's killing methods . . .
    Well, I'm sure there's a hunting forum out there we have yet to stumble across!

The dogs are awesome, but I have to protect all my food growing efforts from them! Chickens and turkeys are yummy, and when we had a goat a while ago, they almost killed him too. I have to fence the garden to protect it from roudy play and curiousity. Still, they are my bestest buds and protect me fiercely!

Getting your house in order is a wonderful thing! You'll enjoy your time at the barn all the more.

Aah, so you have intelligent dogs. The best- if most troublesome- kind! I took a class on hiking around here- and I was told that hiking with dogs and children is basically like hiking with mountain lion bait. My first thought was "so have a dog that looks more like competition than food . . ."

So- I've had it with my company. If anyone knows of open positions in the Springs that offer health insurance and a decent income, I would appreciate the head's up. I'm particularly interested in landscaping/composting sort of thing- but I'm willing to be a desk-jockey if that's what it takes. I'm in customer service- but I bet I could be a secretary no problem. My current employer talks a good line about giving a shit about their employees, but they keep finding ways to not walk the talk. I refuse to let them affect my cortisol levels this much any more.

I ended up not cooking the steak I have in my fridge- but just knowing it's there makes me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    Ahoy!

Less is more more or less
    It's not letting me change my signature. Grrr. So I'm tucking this here for when I can get in there.

I've read somewhere that they moved the signature thing to another area with the last update. Maybe look around some and you'll find it.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    under 'forum actions, 'general settings'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

When I go hiking, I usually only take one of my dogs as it is hard to control the whole pack when a bunny crosses our path. It is hard to imagine we would cross paths with anything bigger than a 100 lb dog, except maybe a bear but they are smarter than that! Little yippy dogs just seem to be saying "come eat me", and I hate when I see kids running alone on less than traveled paths - I mean come one parents!

Sorry about the crappy job lately! Maybe you could do just enough to get by and save your real energy for your own pursutes - you seem to have some good ideas! Wishing you some answers and energy to enjoy them today!

Thank-ee ma'am! I knew there was a way to do it somewhere.

I appreciate the supportive thoughts, Mud Flinger. I wish I could just show up and be an automaton- I bet they'd end up loving me if I could- but I have this obnoxious personality quirk that I have to give a damn in order to continue to show up. But- the hard part was making the decision to move on. Well, that's the hard part until I have to start interviewing. Ugh- I hate interviews.

We call yippy dogs "dogfood dogs" in my family. (BloodOrchid, your boys excluded, of course. Except the one named Cookie- but that's not my fault- you named him.)

In other news- I met a guy this weekend that joked about bloodrituals with me then told me a Rene Descartes joke. *Swoon* Why is it that it's always the married ones that I like the best? I swear I have great taste and I just don't move fast enough. Damnit. Oh well, I'll just tuck him in with the rest of my boys- guys I adore and can't date for one reason or another.