Page 32 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 32

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It was a bottle of mead on Friday with two rolls of sushi- I should have gone with three rolls and skipped the chocolates, but, oh well. Then a bottle of wine on Saturday. But I was feeling a bit better by Sunday. Saw a lady I haven't seen in a couple of weeks. Told her to give her son my number if he's interested in getting coffee. I still think she has nefarious plans for the two of us, but he seems like an interesting guy at the very least. Then I went and checked out a coworker's potential garden site. Then I realized that I might end up with 5 showcases for my blog. Oops. Oh well- I'll be learning something from each of them!

I appreciate the support you all. And Bloodorchid, you're invited over any time as long as you don't mind an unreasonable bitchfest. I even cleaned yesterday. I bet you could give me some pointers for the snark. Oh- and today is black skirt, black wool sweater, tights (my personal snicker being that the tights are covering wookie legs), eyeliner, and mascara. I even re-blued my streak last night. (I'm thinking that I just need to get expensive dye so it doesn't wash out immediately.)

Oh, yeah, Ottercat- I do like the Pogues. At least the ones where he's singing more than slurring Although it ended up being the Phantom of the Opera that I sang along to.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i LOVE unreasonable bitchfests i can even keep them going with well placed nudge cues
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Careful- once I get rolling it can be hard to stop me . . .

I've pretty much waved the Primal Wagon goodbye just for the moment. I'm trying to mantain my sanity and that's about all I can handle right now. However- for a TMI tidbit for y'all: I had two slices of a sweet bread (this morning's breakfast offering at work) and then two hours later I had the hugest dump. Same thing happened yesterday with the donut. It's amazing the changes we take for granted- like I almost never HAVE to take a dump when I'm eating right. But those sweets (and, let's be honest, the flour) seems to run right through me and pick up volume on the way. At least at the moment it's still solid. I'm sure that y'all really wanted to know all that about me

On another topic- I can't seem to get away from customer service for love nor money! Is it so much to ask to let me sit in a corner all alone and just do my work?! This landscaping/gardening thing I'm getting into is waaaay about pleasing the customer. On the other hand, it's also, like, 9 months a year. Which means I can crawl into a hole and hibernate for the three or so that I don't function well anyway. I really need to finish a book and become a wicked popular author so I can do a Stephen King and just be a hermit. A very well paid hermit. Sadly, by the end of the day at work I'm too fried to think about writing. So do I quit my job and hope something happens to support me until I get published (because, you know, that's the easy part) or do I give up on trying to write because it ain't happening? Right now I'm taking gardening classes and working on getting in to be able to ride at the theraputic riding barn and other than that just hanging in there until April. Things should start to get better then.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I really need to finish a book and become a wicked popular author so I can do a Stephen King and just be a hermit. A very well paid hermit. Sadly, by the end of the day at work I'm too fried to think about writing. So do I quit my job and hope something happens to support me until I get published (because, you know, that's the easy part) or do I give up on trying to write because it ain't happening?
    When I was working a cash register, I used to write as much as I could on my piddly little lunch break. After work, I was just too damn tired a lot of the time.

One of the things that motivated me was to have my characters so clear in my mind that I needed to spend time with them. It didn't matter that I was in the food court of the mall with whining kids all around - I had to spend time with these (imaginary) people and tell their stories. Before I begin a book, I draft my characters down to what you'd find in their pockets. Knowing them this well and liking the majority of them made it much easier to keep up the motivation to write a book.

Dammit, I wanted to be a well paid hermit, too. April is coming!!!

I really do need to get better at that planning thing. I tend to get to know my characters as I write. Actually, I'm about half-way through one of them and I'm finally getting to know Bliss who was supposed to be bigger in that one than she was. It kind of turned into the story of her surrogate mother and her mother's lover. Bliss' story will have to be the next book. You're right, though- I should get better at- or really get back in the habit of- writing blurbs whenever they show up.

Oh- on the up side- I picked up my sledge hammer last night and played around with it a little, and I intend to get back to the weights on Thursday. I would have done it earlier, but I didn't want to hurt for my riding test on Wednesday. I mean, I think the only way I won't pass it is if I fall off- but at this point I feel like showing off just a little. After all- I got 100% on the written test! It was super difficult. I mean- who knew that you should talk to a horse who's butt is to you before you place your hand on it . . . ?

I WANT TO BE CHEERFULLY BLOODTHIRSTY!!!! It's that time of the month and I'm tired of being tired and cranky and whiny. But no- this isn't hormones, this is depression. And a deep, abiding hatred of stupidity despite repeated exposure to it in an attempt to alleviate this aberration in my personality. (Read- customer service) I'm tired. I had a great class last night- I'm meeting awesome people and the teacher is a trip. Creating a business is looking POSSIBLE- and I just want to collapse and pass out because I can't think of a better response at this time. I'm broke, I'm in debt, my health insurance sucks (I wasn't quite right before- I only have to come up with $1200 before they start kicking in some- then I cap out at $4k- you know, because they pay us enough to just have that kind of money laying around.) I miss my boys and I don't know how to aquire new ones- although I might have a line on one. I'm sure I'd feel better if I made myself Whole 30 but I DONT WANT TO. Because I'm whiny and wimpy and winter hates me

Ok- enough about that. You know- being an introvert sucks. This entire world is set up for extroverts. Why- because they do the social thing so they can shape society. And being shy too? Shit- I'm screwed. But I'm going to be playing with horses tonight which doesn't require me to have any extroverted skills- then I'll be asking if they have any nice and rotted shit that I can cart off for one of my gardens. Then tomorrow I have a class on making yards pet-friendly that I'm taking because I have two potential showcase gardens that include dogs. For one of them the dogs are "really bad" to the point that I'm wondering if I should add a dog trainer to my people I can refer others to since fences only work so well if the dog is really determined . . .

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    forget the wine, this looks like a job for everclear
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

I've never had that. I need to try it. I mean- I would really like to have a life in which I don't need to remove myself from reality- but reality sucks. I am a big fan of Rumplemintz. At the moment my apartment is dry (very sad face- how did this happen?! I mean, aside from having a rough weekend . . .) and I'm torn between restocking and just accepting that I'm flirting with becoming an alchaholic at this time of year or forcing myself to behave due to lack of substances to use. It's a conundrum.

And- damnit Universe- you're mean! I mean- I just get comfortable with the idea that sometimes I really do actually need a hug then you ship me 1,600 miles away from my best hugger! (yes, I'm picky. If you're going to be in my personal space- make it worth it, damnit!) And I'm not one of those people that can just find a new hugging buddy. See the introvert issue above. I need to call the nice lady that I think wants me to hook up with her son so I can get his number. I need more men in my life. Specifically, intellegent ones.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Everclear is pretty disgusting haha. Boyfriend took shots of it at a party when his tolerance was higher...it was pretty effective. And absolutely disgusting in the punch.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

That's why I'm a fan of rumplemintz. Effective and yummy whether it's mixed or a shot.