Page 30 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 30

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    One of his clients paid for his taxes each spring with a pick-up load of manure
    Have you seen that gum commercial?
    Person A: "Can I pay in......manure?"
    Person B (excited): "Of course you can pay in manure!"
    Person C (sadly): "I never get paid in manure."

Ugh, I'm probably a beige. Being a very small Asian female with no vocal volume doesn't help. People's first impression of me is always completely wrong and there have actually been more than one occasion when I've yelled, "Call me 'meek' and I'll kick you ass!" at someone. I could tell who really knew me when I started roller derby. People who didn't know me were all, "Wow! YOU do DERBY? But you're so quiet and sweet!" whereas my friends were all like, "Well, yeah."

You could start with awesome underwear. Then even though you might be acting a little beige and looking it on the outside YOU would know that you're rockin purple sequined leopard cheekies, motherfuckers!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    But I want to do it NOW and PERFECTLY. You know- because that little personality quirk has NEVER made my life more difficult than necessary I am working on cultivating my "Fuck you" and "I'm sorry, I care?" attitudes. I look to you for inspiration *nods head regally*
    then i shall endeavor to flip people off on a more consistent basis *grin*

ottercat, it's always the quiet ones huh?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Lol- you guys are awesome!

No- I haven't seen that commercial. One drawback to no TV- whenever someone says "have you seen . . ." the answer is usually no.

Good call on the underwear. I do need to go shopping. Hmm- I guess I just need to go bin-diving whenever I'm in a department store. See what wierd stuff is on clearance.

I don't know that you're beige. I mean, I've never actually said "No, I'm not fucking NICE and you'd know that if you knew me at all!" Of course, that's partially because I'm afraid to let people know me because the "socially acceptable" me and the "real" me are not . . . exactly . . . the same. My mother insists I'm nice, but she's Mom. Anyone else that calls me nice is written off as either not paying attention or they haven't known me very long. I think there's a difference between coloring yourself beige to fit in (me) and people coloring you beige because of preconceived notions (I expect, you). But I hear you about being stuffed into a box without trying. I'm quiet and tend to dress/hold myself/act more old-fashioned. It always makes me a little sad though when I shock someone by saying something like "I like tattoos." I mean, assuming I thought that person knew anything about me.

Today's music: Mediaeval Baebes station. This, of course, doesn't help making me look vibrant colors. I mean, really, who listens to mediaeval music? Never mind that it's hands down better than most modern music
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    There's just nothing like a truck load of manure ...
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I don't know HOW to live out loud.

Somehow- I need to figure out how to be vibrant blue. Or wine red. Or kelly green. Or anything other than beige! It just doesn't go with my coloring . . ..
    I used to live out loud. WAY out loud.
    Then I gradually got quieter and "grayer", plainer. (I think this happened as I gained weight, became a teacher, and tried to "fit in") I "lost" me when that happened.
    ~~~
    I'm changing again.
    I'm finding that I don't like grey anymore. I'm looking for, buying and wearing bright colours
    The other day I bought a pink,purple, teal and yellow silk scarf!

I think I'm finding "me" again
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    This concept of 'being beige' is very foreign to me. I guess even when I'm quiet and reserved and people find me nice & polite, they still expect something a bit more drastic because of my constantly changing hairstyles/colors, combat boot with dress clothes habit, pierced nostril, and occasional odd outfit (mostly I resort to sweaters & jeans this time of year). I used to dress very "punk" in college, but I've never been into colors. Black is convenient and goes with everything, and you can refresh it with dye (though I've never bothered and probably should). It's kind of amazing how easy it is to make black outfits work (just look at stereotypical goth outfits for inspiration).

Black leggings with a few red diamonds (from a homemade Harley Quinn costume) plus a long fitted black band t-shirt (World/Inferno Friendship Society), with combat boots and a studded belt slung about the hips was my go-to outfit in college. Add a black trench coat or fitted leather jacket in cool weather. I miss those days, but I don't think I could pull it off now. I was a rail then.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

When I was a little kid I was fearless. I would say things because they were true whether or not it was the "right" thing to say. Then I got older and spent most of elementary school trying, and failing, to be accepted by this particular group of girls. I think that set me up to spend most of the rest of school just trying not to be noticed. I would have loved to have a goth phase- I was more about the rich, decadant goth than the kind that looks good on rails- but that's at least in part beacause I'm built a bit more- ah-decadantly. But I didn't have the balls in highschool and my college major had a strict dresscode so it really wasn't an option. I'm thinking very seriously about starting to let my goth side play now, though After all- I'm really sick of being afraid of what other people think. They almost always get it wrong anyway.

I should be MIA for about a week. I need to, like, actually get my car registered in the right state. And I want some time off. It was just good luck that my half week backed into being off on President's Day, too. I am going to make a point of spending at least some of this time outside. I was SO much happier on Monday since I'd spent time outside on Saturday. I really need to remember that being outside and playing in the dirt fixes many, many problems.

Catch y'all later!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Yay enjoy your time off! You deserve it

Being off was so nice! But, I'm back. Have to make $$ so I can afford to do things like take classes up at the Botanic Gardens. Stupid Capitalism.

Before I forget to mention it- I was thinking about you the other day, Gay Panda. As I was puttering around getting dressed to go play in the snow, I was feeling all kinds of sick and sexified. Unlike the flowing, bright garments you prefer, I was going with a more somber, fitted, gender-bending look. (navy and white men's long-johns that really have been outgrown but not yet replaced.) It was hot.

So I am now legal to drive in my state of residence (and legal to drive period- I really need to keep a closer eye on these things- oops) and my taxes have been completed. Taxes suck, but the return will be helpful I did go for a walk on Friday, after I had gotten the chores done on Wednesday and Thursday. I also overestimated my fitness level. No wonder I'm gaining weight. I mean, if I can't go on a piddly little 6 or 7 mile (I forgot my pedometer to get a proper measure) walk that was only half weighted (carrying books to the Post Office to mail) then I'm in sad shape indeed. I expected to be a little sore and tired. I didn't expect to be out of commission and limping on Saturday.

The walk was good because it let me eye up some used trucks. If I'm going to be living in the boonies like I intend- I will need a truck to make sure I can get to work even in the snow. I love my car, and she does well in less than stellar conditions, but she ain't built to do things like deal with an unplowed driveway. 4X4 diesels were going for $15k- $30k. *choke* Gah! My car cost $15k new! Fortunately I then realized that they put the fancy and expensive ones where they're easily seen. Finding one in the $5-10K range might not be as impossible as I thought. *crosses fingers*

Certified pre-owned might be a good avenue. They've had extensive background checks (for previous accidents), often have only had one owner, and are always cheaper than new. Or there's the craigslist route, but then you don't get the benefit of monthly payments and the potential for a lot of work later down the road.