Page 23 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 23

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Lol- is it wrong that the impression I got was Helena Bonham Carter from Alice in Wonderland? Thank you for accepting my breakfast and I DID take my 10K IUs of D. Given my performance in the gym today, I'm suspecting it's a combination of too many nights up past my bedtime and a fresh round of carb flu. Stupid sushi and healthy potato chips. BTW- love the steampunk. I just need to get myself back in a good schedule and stick to it until I even out.

However- I did make it to the gym today. Weak performance- never even made it to benchpress- but considering how I'm feeling, I'm happy I made it at all. And, since I'm all weak and shaky, I'll say I did a good job making the most of today's work potential.

Dumbell press
    20# 6R alternating sides- warmup- 1 set
    35# 6R/side- 4 sets
    Same as last time- need to work on my grip- had to talk myself into not quitting to go on to the exercises I actually like

Deadlift
    Bar+70# 8R- 3 sets
    I gave up due to nausia. I'm blaming the coffee I had this morning. I'm sticking at this weight, too- but the grip is getting better. It helps to be concious of it

I finally picked up some lifting chalk to keep in my gym bag. I didn't need it today, which is good because I'm a little self-concious about walking around with it there. I mean- deadlifting #115 isn't exactly olympic level here. On the other hand, I don't want to drop the weights on myself when I go up further. *le sigh* Isn't self-conciousness fun?

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Eh I don't know (re: the impression), that actually is very reminiscent of her in that character... Heh, yes, I was dressing up for a random steampunk day we did amongst friends in school. I was a pilot
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I looked at Larabars, and you're right, Wonder- not a bad option at all. They were on sale, so I picked up a bunch. Then indulged in them. I really need to get myself set up with easy things to eat that are still compliant. I was so good on Saturday when I went to the Gardens. I had tea and broth on my way up, then I had turkey when I was on my way home. I was sooo tempted by the gluten-free pizza at their cafe- but it's not in the budget or the diet this month. Then on Sunday I stopped at the grocery store on my way to play in a garden. Got an apple and maple nut butter (they didn't have plain)- not bad. But then I remembered I needed a bucket, too, and stopped at Target. That was the potato skin chips. Ugh. I need to get my act together for three meals and just stuff myself until I get this eating thing under control.

However, I did cook and divvy up a potroast for the week and started some beef stock- which smelled really good this morning. I also had a Larabar for breakfast. Perfect, no. Acceptable, yes.

I also got to play in one of my showcase gardens and pulled a couple of soil samples to be dried and sent off for testing. It's been measured. Now I just have to look at how many things we can squeeze into the tiny space

Oh- I'm standing! I've had a box at my desk for a while now to prop up my keyboard so I can stand some, but the last couple of weeks I just haven't been using it. Then today I pulled it out and just opted to stand. Woo hoo! That means I'm getting my energy back!

I had a win yesterday! A couple, really.

I've been feeling all sorts of sorry for myself with this food and budget diet. I mean, it's winter and busy season- and why can't I just indulge myself?! It's not FAAIIIRRR! Then I read that Whole 30 article about addiction and it really rang a bell. I am/am working on addictive behaviors. There is no nutrition in the wine and cheese that I NEED. It's all stuff I WANT. Well, want just isn't good enough right now. I have goals that I want to accomplish. I can't accomplish them if I'm wasting my money on cheese and my time with wine. I need to be serious about this, because I need to face whatever it is I'm hiding from before I can do what I want to/need to do with my life. Not only that- but if I'm not noshing on cheese, then I have to be more expansive in my cooking- which is something that needed to happen anyway. This is good.

The other win is that on my way home I was ticking off what I needed at the grocery store. Kale, epsom salts . . . Then I stopped to think. I won't keel over without them, and I'm getting paid on Friday. If I wait until Friday, then I can purchase them with money instead of credit. I went home and lo and behold- I had some turnips in the freezer that I've been ignoring. I thawed them and fried them up with some beef and eggs- it was quite yummy. I also moved the last of the spinach from the freezer to the fridge to thaw for tomorrow's dinner. I can do this. I will eat what I have. Except for the soy-adulterated tuna in water. That really needs to go to the food bank.

Hooray! The article also rang some bells for me. I've recognized a lot of my behaviors and tendencies as addictive for quite some time, but that article was a nice reminder. I can survive just fine without the chocolate. It certainly didn't hurt that I had a couple nights of from cooking right when I needed it most!

It's good to have those nights off!

Well, I think I'm not going to limit my food. I can eat anything I want if it's Whole 30 compliant. Or at least close. The Chocolate Chip Larabar wasn't really- nor was the chocolate almond butter packet- but it wasn't candy, dairy, or wheat and it did make me feel better. I really need to make a go of this gardening thing since I'm not sure how much longer I can survive this job. I don't deal well with fools- and it's twice as bad when they're supposed to be my resources. All the GABA in the world can't fix that stress. Although the mid-morning dose is helping

Oh yeah- forgot to mention in the earlier post. I managed to get to the gym yesterday. I didn't sprint like I'd kind of wanted to- but I got in an hour of walking on the treadmill. Got in some reading and some moving slowly- so that's a win, too, since I really didn't want to go at all.
    Last edited by drssgchic; 01-11-2012 at 11:19 AM.

I think eating as much "approved" food as you want is really important for the Whole30, in some cases (me too). For the sake of my brain, I really just need to focus on the joy of eating what is tasty and really nourishes me. Unfortunately that's coupled with cutting out things I like, in my case, like eggs and clementines, but I'll survive.

I ate yesterday. I ate, and ate, and ate, and I'm going to be going to get breakfast this morning. I think my moody/bitchiness/fatigue is because I was ignoring my hunger signals. Yes, I've been gaining weight recently- but I'm thinking that's a combination of not eating enough and then eating the wrong things when I did eat. My body was holding onto weight because it was feeling malnourished. Now I'm actually wondering how much of the cheese and wine cravings were actually hunger that got morphed?

Yesterday for lunch I had a tupperware of pot roast that I expected to last two days. Nope. Plus a couple of larabars and some nut butter- then I was hungry for dinner and I'm hungry again for breakfast. But I have energy! And while I'm not thrilled with life- I'm also not in a complete snit either. So- note to self- eat the right stuff, but eat copious amounts as needed.

In other news- I got my first comment from someone I don't know on my blog! I really need to go check out her gardening blog. But that's awesome! And my sister is being kind enough to stump for me from her Facebook page. What's family for? It's not, of course, for local people, but any readers will be a good thing right now. BTW- Wonder- I didn't say thanks for being my very first comment!

Aww no problem. This reminds me that I have to go read the most recent entry!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I ate yesterday. I ate, and ate, and ate, and I'm going to be going to get breakfast this morning. I think my moody/bitchiness/fatigue is because I was ignoring my hunger signals. Yes, I've been gaining weight recently- but I'm thinking that's a combination of not eating enough and then eating the wrong things when I did eat. My body was holding onto weight because it was feeling malnourished. Now I'm actually wondering how much of the cheese and wine cravings were actually hunger that got morphed?
    that's interesting, it seems like I lose when I'm eating more, but my slow weight loss and paranoia keep me from eating that way....
    good job on the epiphanies!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick