Page 22 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 22

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Let me know when/if you pick up the most recent season of Bones (I downloaded a few episodes and have watched 2 so far). Honestly I was happier with that cliffhanger and Booth's smile at the end.

If you don't like onions picking up a flavor, couldn't you cook them separately? They're GREAT in ghee.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    That's good about leeks, ottercat, since I think I'll be trying them in my garden this year. It's not about the onions picking up flavor. I just don't like onions- but thanks for the cooking tip anyway!

Hmm- with that description- it makes it easier to put off finding the new season. Wasn't his smile adorable?! He can do the brooding/dark/sexy thing so well- but he's sooo cute when he does that little-boy-with-a-lollipop thing!

It's just the intro post- so not terribly riviting- but here's the blog for my loyal journal readers cattaillady

Yesterday was a Whole 30 win- the only questionable things were lots of butter and the boughten coffee. I got to bed about 9ish- which really isn't bad- but I'm just exhausted, so it wasn't enough. I think I'm going right home and to bed by 8 or earlier if I can do it. I need to get caught up before the weekend.

Hooray blog! I signed up for email updates Do you think you'll do a post about your primal experience/going primal? When I think about somewhat eclectic blogs, it seems like there is usually an intro post for each kind of topic that they'll generally cover. Fashion, food, family, meeting their significant other (I love the engagement/wedding/birth stories), going primal, etc. What holds me back from starting a new blog with the intention of finding followers and maybe some revenue is I have WAY too many topics. There's the mish mash of whatever that I write in my current blog, that's pretty much anything in my life that makes me feel like thinking via text, and then technology, primal/paleo living, sustainability, crafting, photography... I can't imagine anyone wanting to stick around for long!

Woo hoo! I have one reader! Thanks!

I imagine Primal will come up at some point, but I'm not sure if I'd make a point of putting it in there. After all, I'm sure one can become sustainable even if eating wheat. It's just easier if you don't I put the warning about the eclectic in there because I'm unlikely to do an intro for each topic. More of a "Wow- look what I just learned and look how it can be applied to making yourself a stand-alone entity!" I figure that will cover most anything from paying off debt to dipping candles to finding a dairy CSA.

What if you set it up as different pages for different interests? Have you read The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond She's hilarious- but I just read Confessions, usually. She also has several others that are basically blogs in and of themselves- but are on the same homepage. Of course, she's making money off of it, so she has more time to devote to it than you might. But what if you started with three? Thoughts, Primal/sustainable, and Photography/technology- or something like that? Oh- and if you like engagement stories, look up her posts for "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels." It's her engagement story.

Oh- before I forget- feedback is welcome! Even if it's "dude- you're boring." After all, that's the only way to get better, right?
    Last edited by drssgchic; 01-05-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Yay another blog to read! I'm such a blog addict, I figure it's the only way to help hone my poor design skills & figure out how I want to run my own blog/site someday. If my tech business ever gets underway, I'd love to have a blog that updates with some regularity on very accessible (read: for the technologically challenged) technical issues/advancements/reviews etc. I guess I'd probably keep that separate from my idea of the main one (Nameless Ponderings? [[thinks to self "why? I don't even like the word "ponder" it just goes with "wonder"!]]).

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Yay for the blog! I desperately wanted to move to CO after a visit, I'm glad someone actually went and did it =)
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Ya know, Ottercat- it only took me 15 years. So if you get around to it soon, you might still- relatively speaking- beat me here. It is a great place.

I just ate a Nature Valley Honey & Oats bar *hangs head in shame* I really, really need to restock my desk. My offal fowl soup was really healthy and really nourishing- but not sufficiently filling. It was that bar or the chocolate-covered cherries out for team consumption. Although after reading the ingredients- I'm not sure which would be worse, really. Soy, soy lecthin, canola oil. At least the cherries have chocolate. Dang it- now I want them again. I'm HUUUNGRY! FTS- I'm getting one. Buh-bye wagon! I'll see you again at dinner.

Lara bars I think are a better option, though very carb heavy. Maybe you can stock up on those in case of emergencies? I find they stimulate my sweet cravings too much, I could make a meal out of 20 of them!

But . . . I don't . . . I can't . . . *props eyelids open with toothpicks* I don't get it. I slept for 11.5 hours last night. I woke up a couple of times, but overall it was a very good sleep. I was actually relativly awake this morning and my "I don't want to get out of bed" was because I didn't want to go to work, not because I was just too tired. Either I have to finally conquer the allergies or maybe I have to cut back on the melatonin before bed. But I really like falling asleep quickly and staying asleep!

I had Tanka bars in my desk for a while. Buffalo meat, cranberries, supporting Native Americans- it's all good. And they're pretty tasty. So I'll probably go with them again and maybe some nuts. I'm trying to avoid really processed stuff. One of these days I'll make my own jerky- ooh, and I think I might have dried apples in the cupboard at home . . . I'll have to check.

I'm blaming the overcast sky and being sleepy on breaking down and buying breakfast. However, it was just two eggs over easy, two bacons, and a small coffee. Not terribly expensive and no cheese.

Last night's dream: For some reason my family was living out here already- but they were moving to Georgia. I was negotiating with them to let me borrow the truck, trailer, and my brother after they had finished moving to then move my own stuff there. Then I realized that I don't want to move to Georgia. Maryland was as far south as I could ever live and Georgia would just kill me. I liked living here, and I didn't want to leave. I think this one's pretty easy. I miss my family, but I can't be where they are, and I just have to deal with that. (The South thing might be because I'm also including my Maryland friends in the family I miss and/or because it had to be a place I really couldn't go to. New England wouldn't be nearly as difficult a place to hang my hat.)

For me, 11.5 hours is way TOO much, and waking up a couple of times is not a good sleep. I could easily sleep for 14hrs when I was a teenager and ultimately just had to learn how to drag myself out of bed. I'm still convinced I had adrenal fatigue and somehow dragged myself mostly out of it so that I only have slightly messed up cortisol now.

Overcast sky eh? How's that Vitamin D? [[accusatory glare w/ fists on hips]] Here, how about this...

(from early 2010) Just pretend I'm a lot shorter than you. Anyway I deem your breakfast acceptable. You may bow (what, now I'm a queen? weird brain today).