Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 2

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to Colorado Springs and MDA. Love the lifting story.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Icarian! One of the reasons I decided to post here is that avatar. You know, if I can meet people built like that . . . (not that I am, but I'm working on it) Then you had to go and talk about your wife and my Primal crush had to be switched back to Grumpy. *le sigh* Some days I feel like the only single person in the Springs over the age of 25. So- long way of saying- glad the avatar's back

B- Eggs and tuna, tea, cream, coconut oil
    L- Panara's steak and bleu cheese salad, vanilla roobios tea latte sans syrup
    S- Dark chocolate and an apple (hmm- maybe I was hungry because I forgot the coconut oil in my tea)
    D- Burger, bacon, beet and turnip greens, butter and chocolate (the best part of the cookie . . .) Glass of red wine
    Last edited by drssgchic; 09-27-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: wine- well, it had to be finished . . .

There were a couple of women in the lifting area today! In their circut was straight-legged dead lifts with 15 and 20#. I also used dumbells earlier. Watching them, I tried not to feel smug that mine totaled 50# and I'm still more focused on form than weight. Ok- and I also bent my legs- not sure how my lower back would feel about 50# without bending my legs . . . Then, when I was finished lifting like a guy, I changed back into my skirt and heels. I like being a girl

Yesterday-
    B- crustless quiche (and it outsold the other offering- donuts. A win for heavy cream!) tea, cream, coconut oil
    L- Vanilla roobios tea sans syrup, coconut oil, cold steak, carrots, beets
    S- Apple, dark chocolate
    D- Cottage cheese, Stilton with cranberries, rumplemintz and mineral water

What can I say- I don't take criticism well at work. Particularly when they have yet to convince me that I'm actually wrong- just that I have less power. That is becoming less and less of an acceptable reason to do things. Might does not always make right. (bearing in mind, of course, that I am more than happy to make changes that I understand are necessary. It's just the stupid ones I don't take well.)

Today-
    B- part of a bacon and cheese omelette- not feeling the food thing. Coffee, half and half, coconut oil
    L- About to dive into the leftover quiche

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I'm jealous about your success with supplements. I'm on Lexapro & just started taking 5-HTP at dinner & at bedtime. So far, it hasn't seemed to help much. I'm going to try L-tryptophan if this doesn't work after about a week. Two 150mg doses seems like a lot (esp when it comes in 50mg pills) and I'm hesitant to try more...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

D- burger in bacon fat, beet and turnip greens, kombucha, butter and chocolate

The drawback to not being on allergy meds every daggon day- I notice when they keep me up at night now. And of course, the wind decided to wake me up before my alarm. However- coffee was only a fleeting thought this morning! Woo hoo!

B- bacon and cheese omelette, tea, half and half, coconut oil

Namelesswonder- we talked via PM- but for anyone else listening, I think they're working because I'm on, like, everything. I don't know what one or ones are working- but as it stands, I'll stick with the long list for now and mess with it once I'm sure it's not all in my head. Well- you know what I mean . . .

L- The last of the quiche, vanilla rooibos tea latte sans syrup, coconut oil
    D- sushi, kombucha, weslydale with cranberries

So- is it considered sleeping in if you're concious- and conciously choosing not to open your eyes because then you'll have to participate in the day? Got to work too late for an omelette. Boo.

B- cheese and sausage, coffee, half and half, coconut oil

Apparently my ability to sneak up on people without trying also translates to dogs. If you consider a very small Yorkie a dog. Which I am rather less convinced of than I was this morning. Granted- I was barefoot on cement at a fairly busy intersection, but I was also wearing jeans that "wsh" when I walk. He should have heard me coming up behind him before I hit his periferal vision and scaired the little guy. Yeesh.

L- I took one look at the line for the free "End of Summer BBQ!" at work and decided I'd rather have my walk and my tea latte. The line was gone when I got back, so I figured, what the heck, it's free. It was pork BBQ sans bun with a side of potato salad. Marginally Primal. And it tasted . . . did I mention it was free?

Oh yeah- official weigh-in yesterday. 196.5# Down one pound from last week. Don't really care how much I lose, as long as it is going in that direction. The focus right now is mental health. Since that's the only way I successfully lose weight anyway . . .

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    If you consider a very small Yorkie a dog.
    Uhhhh, nope. Those things are skiddish even if they DO know you are approaching them. Your stealthiness (at least with rats that are classified as dogs) comes into question.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Schatze is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Wine & Chocolate is PB
    And thank goodness!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Uhhhh, nope. Those things are skiddish even if they DO know you are approaching them. Your stealthiness (at least with rats that are classified as dogs) comes into question.
    Lol- good point.

I went to a local REI class on hiking. One of the topics discussed was the local mountain lions, of course. Did you know that hiking with children and dogs is like hiking with bait? My first thought then- and reinforced with this encounter- is that one should have a dog that appears to be more predator than prey.

Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast