Page 181 of 184 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1835

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 181

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Arree youuuu alliivvveee?

Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Well, I lost everything else, but I kept Dean. Coulda been worse.

I'm taking a 'shroom growing class tomorrow, so if anybody has any amazing recipes for I think it's Blue Oyster (cult) mushrooms, I need them. I don't like mushrooms, but if I'm going to consider using them as income generators, I should probably eat them, too. It's the only thing I can grow on the 5 acres I'm living on and don't have any f'ing access to. So frustrating. I have all of the commute and none of the perks.

Vodka last night and pizza for lunch today (work thing) and it's a very good thing there's no work to do because I have zero motivation to do it. But I did make a very pretty dreamcatcher in our teambuilding luncheon.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it is better lost and a thing of the past. Time to move forward and encounter new challenges. Enjoy your class. I've looked into shrooms, but they all have been soooo much more expensive than store bought that I never persued them. Please post what you find out about the $$$ side of it as I would love to learn more and even grow some

What have you been looking at for growing them? It should be pretty simple and wicked cheap. My "logs" that I got at the class were straw, rye grains innoculated with the mycilium, and old plastic bags. Bread bags and the like. I even got the cardboard starter he'd brought as an example of how easy it is. It's literally damp cardboard with some mushroom stems thrown in to get it started. After they bloom a couple of times in the logs, I'll need to either bag them up again with new food- which will increase my logs- or use them to make beds with used coffee grounds. Now if I'm selling them . . . yeah, I might ask a decent amount for them. After all, it is potentially an excellent food source.

This weekend was . . . rough. It was mostly coming to terms with the fact that I've fucked up almost every aspect of my life at this point. My parents are giving me a loan to get me out from under my credit card debt because I have screwed up my credit so badly I can't get a loan to help me get past the late fees that started with being unemployed for a month. The other side of this is that the farm is off the table for the time being. Which means I'm going to be living where I am for the forseeable future. So no chickens, no bees. There may be the possibility of borrowing/renting a friend's land, but if I can't fund the start-up costs myself without using debt, then I don't get to do it, so it's a maybe, but not now.

My depression is also getting out of hand again. I hate where I live, I hate being broke, and I hate that my dreams are being put off again. But my depression and my lack of grit are not helping me fix any of those problems. So I'm finally looking into therapy. I found a place that has hours I can handle and a cost I think I can handle. It's students getting in practice, so I'm not going to expect too much of them, but since what I'm really looking for is coping mechanisms not delving into my history, I think they'll be ok.

I've lost control of everything, and I hate it. I don't do well when I'm not in control.

The only up side at this point is that the squash soup I made last night is yummy.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Squash soup is a good place to start at then. One good thing leads to another. You are learning lots and knowledge is power. Just keep moving forward. One slow step at a time. You used to have several places to garden Is that still true this year?

That's what I'm hoping for- one win to make the spiral go up, not down. The cupcake I'm eating right now isn't helping that, but it is yummy and I was hungry. I'll be swinging by the store to stock back up on butter and vinegar. (and it only took 45 tries to spell vinegar right) I need to clean, and I really, really need to de-stuff. One of my coworkers told me about the site, Listia, and I think I'd like to go that way for at least some of the stuff. It's getting a good home, and I'm getting points for things I would like, but would be splurges at this point. The plants and seeds on there . . . it's awesome

I have two garden beds in a community garden. My roommate has said a couple of times that I can have a garden at the house, if I want, but aside from not wanting to deal with a first-year garden bed, it's becoming very clear that she doesn't do well with change, and I think putting up fencing to keep the dogs and horses out might just be too much for her. I am considering kale in pots on the back porch, though. One of my beds is garlic, so it's out of commission for anything else until July- though I'll probably sneak a little spinach and some small flowers between the bulbs. The other bed has some Jerusalem Artichokes and Quinioa, so my space for other stuff is limited. Like the tomato plant that I don't have room for but couldn't pass up getting . . .

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'm joining you in the not a happy head space movement

and i'm waving hi, cause it's been a while
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Iím gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Hi! *waving back* It has been a while.

Welcome to the party. The not happy, fussy, not going right party. We're fun like that!

Had a couple of flour tortillas and a sopapilla at lunch. Not the best, but it was free, leaving today's soup for tomorrow. And it was yummy.

I think I'm going to just put plants in the ground this weekend, double-up on shade cloth (can't afford to get the frost weight at the moment) and just hope for the best. They are not getting enough light where they are, and they really do need to be outside. Probably without hardening off, too. Guess I'll need to cross my toes, too.

This weather is killing me, and it's supposed to last for the rest of the week. I just took my last Vitamin D this morning, and I don't get paid until Friday. I really need to stock up on all the supps again and get back on the wagon with taking them. I'm such a mess there's no way they won't help.

Learn More
    3 flour tortillas for lunch today. Between those and the coffee I'm mainlining because I can't manage to go to bed at a decent hour and the sun can't manage to put in an appearance, my guts are pissed. It is, as yet, temporary, but eating free food because of the budget instead of good food can only happen so often before it does more harm than good.

I'm not sleeping enough, I'm not eating well enough, I'm not making it to the gym. I'm not making any progress at all.