Page 176 of 181 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 176

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eek- that is pricy. But it might be worth it if I can figure this out. I'll talk to PP (if I ever get there) and see what they think. Thanks!

Dinner- 1/2# burger, kale

Just two meals today. I kinda slept through when I should be eating the middle one.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Friday-
    - granola and yogurt
    - mocha from Starbucks (calorically, it's a meal)
    - Salad w/ chicken and bacon

Saturday-
    - granola and yogurt
    - mocha from Kangaroo Coffee- yum! fruit and veggies
    - Chipolte- rice, steak, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream

Today-
    - granola and yogurt

Not much overt activity the last couple of days, but I've been pretty social with a decent amount of time on my feet. I slept in pretty hard core today, but I've been having late nights, so . . . it works. Also, it's raining.

I need to have more meat today. Probably the other 1/2# of burger.

Also- the squeeky wheel does get the grease. My tomatoes are ripening a bit faster, and my period finally showed up. It usually shows up with some sort of stomach upset, and since my digestion has been shit lately, it decided to manifest in mad gas. Fun.
    Last edited by drssgchic; 09-01-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My tomatoes are ripening quickly now too. Unfortunately, most of them are hail damaged. I've been savaging what I can and making tomato sauce with squash. My son who does not eat much vege has been gobbling it up with meat and rice pasta, so I will take that as a win!

Glad you "clock" finally reset and hope you will be feeling much better soon!

You might like Mom's solution to storing tomatoes (and, I'm sure, ugly tomatoes). According to her, it's suuuuper difficult. (That's sarcasm. The last person I told this recipe to proceeded to ask why she thought it was difficult.)

half a food-processor of tomato chunks, a handful of parsley, a handful of basil, whizzed together until the desired consistency is reached. Bag and freeze for soup base in the winter. Mom likes to pour each little batch into a big pot before she bags it up so that there's more consistency across the lot.

It's been a rough week. I called out for the barn on Tuesday, and probably shouldn't have gone to dance, either. I got shitfaced that night, and felt better on Wednesday despite the hangover. Anybody know why that works? It's like a reset button.

Cori- I'm afraid to report I think you're being a good influence. Sad, but true I sent Mom an e-mail that I think I'm going to take her up on her offer to pay for therapy. I haven't heard back from her, but I'm sure it's still on the table. Now to find one. My concern is that if things are bad enough to keep me from the barn in September, February is going to be a fucking disaster that I need to start prepping for now.

Food has been weak to mediocre, but today did have three meals- jerky and coffee, burger at Red Robin (no more freckled tea for me- I need to remember that HFCS makes me feel sick), plain burger at home. Played with horses this morning. Sadly, I think Teddy has a long way to go, yet. We took him to the horse agility and he pretty much shut down. The monster mini, though, was a champ. Well, aside from not wanting to get his feet wet. I think he weirded out one of the llamas

After the horses, I bought a chest freezer and a shelving unit for all that little shit that just never seems to have a home. It was a reasonably productive day, I think.

I cook the tomatoes down into pasta sauce with onion, olive oil, zucchinni and spices. Sometimes I add meat at this point to make a meal from it and then freeze the rest. Today I jarred a quart and then added cream and made soup of the rest. I thought grilled cheese sandwiches with the soup would be a big treat and had hubby buy a loaf of bread while he was out. My son and daughter love bread and never having it in the house always means that there will be a fight when it arrives. Such stupidity always around it, I've just got to laugh!

Yum- that sounds really good

Let's see . . . yesterday there were eggs, some green juice, some veggies while I was cutting them up . . . oh- breakfast was a bacon quesadilla and coffee. Breakfast at a coffee shop is a bit limited, particularly if one wants meats. Nothing physical, but I did write about 1000 words.

Today has been yogurt and granola, a burger, fries, and a coke from Carl's Jr (sans bun), and I'm currently having bologna rolls with cheese puffs and sierra mist. At least the day started well? I went to yoga, and it went well. I'm definitely getting stronger- though I'm still too heavy to do down dog. (I know- dinner isn't helping.)

I think I'm actually topped up on serotonin. Haven't taken 5-HTP in a few days, and I feel fine. Sweet.

Glad to hear you are getting stronger and the day you can do down dog will be that much sweeter! Carl's jr is about the only fast food place we go to. I always get the low carb burger warped in lettuce. I researched a few years ago and they were about he best place in terms of real food without funky fats and additives. I've heard that smash burger is good too but there sent one near me and I'm not likely to go out of my way for it when I ave freezers full of grass fed yumminess.

I remember hearing somewhere that they were the good ones. And after eating there- when I tried McDonalds I was so disappointed! I have a Smash Burger near me. Might have to give them a try. Although I really should be working on prepping food to take with me rather than finding places to eat out

Slept in again. It's overcast and I just plain old don't want to get out of bed. Once I did, I got in my work, then went to the cafe and got up a blog post and about 1,000 words, so it was a pretty productive day. Had a five-cheese omelet with bacon, hashbrowns, fruit, and tea with half and half for breakfast, and a cup of "cheeseburger soup" with coffee and half and half for lunch. If I'm going to be drinking coffee, though, I really need to get back to mixing up coconut crack creamer. According to my tummy, I can have coffee, or I can have half and half. I can't have both. No exercise. I need to find my CC book and start that again, since it's a gentler build-up on my joints than going right to weight lifting.

Horses were cancelled on Tuesday due to rain, and tomorrow since it didn't dry out and they're getting more rain tonight. Sadly, their insurance won't let them have volunteers in the barn unsupervised, so if they don't want to be outside, I can't go. Stupid insurance. (I can't blame them for not wanting to be outside in crappy weather, as they're in their 60s.)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    On eating out: it helped me stay on course w/ homemade meals by knowing where I could go if I was out. I like knowing I have a safety net, in a sense, and that if I do want to swan dive off the wagon, there's somewhere I can eat with minimal damage. Getting a plate of food (basically the bowels of a burrito) at a local taqueria is my favorite, as their meats are delicious, and I can swap rice & beans for more veggies.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've never been that big on Mexican food- not much for spice- but that does sound like a good idea, Wonder.

Food has been crap. Sleep has been worse. No horses due to the weather- and I'm just waiting for confirmation that they're cancelled tomorrow, too. Damn monsoons.

But- I got a decent amount of sleep last night, and I'm up at an almost decent hour today, so today we're starting again.

(This just in- it looks like horses are on. Sweet!)