Page 175 of 181 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 175

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My standard answer to "Be good" is "At what?"
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

evinston is offline Junior Member
    I tell me kids "Do good."

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    All excellent comebacks. I'm taking notes

Yesterday-
    - crappy coffee and jerky
    - BAS w/tuna and cheese
    - chocolate chocolate chip ice cream (Calorically, that was my third meal)

I ended up throwing something of a hissy fit at the barn because the trainer was not letting me do things differently and apparently I was in a fragile flower kinda mood. I was in a shitty mood for the rest of the day.

Today-

- Jerky, iced coffee with half and half (although I have my suspicions it wasn't)
    - granola and greek yogurt because it makes my tummy happy

In other news: I DON'T WANT TO SPOT- I WANT TO BLEED LIKE A F**KING STUCK PIG! IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?! I was so excited that there was blood after yoga this morning. I could bleed and then move forward. But noooooo, it couldn't keep bleeding. Of course not. That would have been helpful.

Oh yeah- 261#
    Last edited by drssgchic; 08-28-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    {{{{hugs}}}}

I would love to tell you all the stories about all the ways that I hate my silly, ridiculous, weak, completely unnecessary and useless freaking uterus... but it would take all night.

So let's just say I feel ya. =/
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry your body is being a bit of a jerk, but it does explain the hissy fit at the barn! Just do you best to eat well and then act naughty if you must.

The worst part is that I can't say "Oh, it's the 15th- I'm going to be unreasonable." Is it hormones, is it depression, is it just an off day?

I love being female.

Most of the time.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, but have you had your hormone levels tested?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I have not- but given the beard I grow, I think it's safe to say they aren't right. I was finally going to do it . . . and then my job changed our insurance so that, basically, unless you had a severe injury or a severe/chronic illness, everything would be out of pocket. It was an "improvement." And now I don't have insurance. Actually- I guess you would be the one that knows- how expensive/difficult is it to get them tested on your own?

In fact- one of the irritations of my missing period is that I want to go to Planned Parenthood for a once-over, since that should happen, uh, every few years. Thank goodness they accept walkins, because I might just give up on my body functioning right and do it anyway.

Yesterday-

- 4% cottage cheese (It's a good thing I'm just going for Primal-ish)

Today-

- 1/2 a terrible Greek Yogurt granola bar, coffee w/"creamer" and beef jerky
    - soda with real sugar

Better day at the barn. I'm going back to doing things the way they've set me to do them because, honestly, starting green horses has never been a strength of mine, so I'm really not sure why I thought I should stick an oar in on that one. Both of my boys did well, and we talked about how the older one may well be able to move past a decade and a half of neglect to actually become a functioning citizen. Not all middle-aged horses can do that, so we're proud of him.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
    You can get the tests mailed to you for free, but I think you still have to have a doctor sign off on it. The FAQ has info on it. I've only ever done it through insurance, but it still costs a poop load (for me).
    Price List

Seems like, however evil it may be, some kind of hormonal influence might be helpful for you right now. Whether through birth control or supplements. Conferring with the people at PP about what in particular might be too high or too low based on your symptoms can at least give you an idea of where to start.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I think the PP idea is a great place to start. They can rule out most of the nasty reasons you might be having problems and may even help you sort out some of the " fine tuning" issues. Maybe the doc there would be willing to sign off for testing if that needs to be done since you are the one who will be paying for it.