Page 174 of 181 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 174

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I feel great when I under eat. Lately I've been having like one small meal and maybe a snack each day. This seems to be what I have to do to loose weight plus swim like 1 hr each day. I love the swimming though. It feels great and loosens my stiff joints. So what non food related naughtyness did you find to get into?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'd probably feel better with the under eating if I were topped up nutritionally, but I've been too wobbly with my eating lately to be that way.

Um, wine-related naughtyness? As in, I drank too much of it last night. Oh, and had some peach slices. So it's totally the peach slices that account for my 4# gain since Monday. Totally.

I upped my L-Tyrosine (natural stimulent) and I think that's helping a little. I also figured out at least part of why I can't get out of my head in yoga. The AC is broken, so the fans are running and the doors to the gym are open, so she doesn't play music. Hopefully the AC will be fixed sooner rather than later.

I read somewhere that the day after drinking, a normal person's serotonin level is like one who is depressed. Yet, I'm drinking. Because I are smart.

- BAS with eggs, kombucha
    - 60 minutes of yoga- didn't feel as interminable as usual, which is good.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

- cottage cheese
    - Western Burger Meal sans bun w/ Coke (hungry and lazy are a bad combo)
    - peach slices

Today-
    - coffee w/ "creamer" and sausages from the gas station
    - Tall starbucks mocha (I was dozing off), Naked Blue Machine
    - 3 hours horse time

TMI-

I want sex to feel good again. I tried, and it was nice, but it's not niice like it should be. I want horses to feel good again. I'm glad that the young, pretty much wild mustang colt is willing to let me catch, and groom, and saddle him. But I should be awed that a horse with no reason to trust humans is willing to stand there and let me do things that are frankly frightening. I want to care that my garden is a disaster. I want to look at my books and see possibilities instead of objects. I want to look forward to dance class.

I have realized recently that lack of libido is a good thing when I'm depressed. If I wanted sex as much as a healthy person, but had the carelessness of a depressed person, I could get myself into some bad situations.

It's the end of summer. I lost less of it than last summer, but I still lost more than I used. And if I feel like this now, it's going to be six months before I can expect to change it. I've never made significant improvements over winter in the past, so there's no reason to expect this year to be any different.

I just want to be healthy. And I want to care enough to make it happen.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

My wake up call: I cleaned up my act big time last spring when I could hardly walk. I was eating primally, but Inflammation from RA was getting me big time. I also had a pinched nerve in my back that was making my left leg week. Oh and i'd put almost 50 of the 100 lbs i'd lost back on. I cut out all the vices. No more drinking, or being around anyone smoking anything, no sugar or treats at all. No going out to eat. Then no dairy. If i couldn't source it, i didn't eat it. I ate wild caught salmon more than all other foods combined and swam every day. The swimming really helped the nerve problem and the clean diet calmed the inflammation big time. The extra weight is almost all gone now, but I am still quite far from thin.

Take it one step at a time. Decide what one step will help you most and do that one thing no matter what. Then pick one more thing and go from there. We still have 2 months of warm weather, and another cooler month after that before the snow. Plenty of time to get some muscle on!

I think my biggest problem at the moment is that no matter how many "wake-up calls" I get, my fixes don't stick because I don't have a reason to push myself. I don't have a goal. Because of the way my brain is twisted right now, pushing and scraping and dragging myself back down to 200# so I can sit on a horse just means that then I'll have to start all over again with my riding. I might have the knowledge of an intermediate rider, but I have the strength and coordination of a beginner. How many MORE months will it be before I am half-way competent?

I'm just . . . lost at the moment. I don't do lost well. I'm buried in so many "I can't"s and "I'll never"s that I can't seem to be able to find a positive to latch on to. I've never been able to exercise for vanity or health. But I WILL exercise to, say, be able to do real pushups during martial arts class. That's what I need to mind my eating. I'm doing it for this tangible, practical goal.

Food yesterday was pure crap- I was on a roadtrip to help a friend pick up a new, used car. Well, that ended up with us being towed home. On the up side, our tow-truck driver was a cheerful, burnette Christian Kane.

It didn't start well today, either, but I just finished a mug of broth, and I'll be having a steak once it warms up enough to cook. Probably a salad on the side. I was in a foul mood this morning, so I didn't stay at the barn long, but I was there long enough to get in some slow movement with mucking. Strangely, my mood improved while I was sitting in a class that would help me with my new job. So strange to be in a corporate building for training again. Maybe I need to see if I can find a class for some mental challenge? Ooh- a creative writing class would probably be a good idea.

Well how about your why being to be strong enough to ride again? I know what you mean about starting over again and again. Very disheartening, but if you don't, you will never ride again and thats just too sad to consider! Sorry your day went to crap yesterday. Mine kinda did to. The storms that collided over Ken Caryl yesterday hailed like all hell and tore the garden to bits, knocked down a tree in my yard and the flash flood took most of the mulch out of our playground and left a hell of a mess for me. It's so bad that I just keep wandering yard, finding more damage and wandering more. Luckily I was outside when it started and got the cars in the garage before they got much hail damage, but I know they both got a few dings with quarter size hail.

So much for my bitching and whining! I gotta get my butt outside....

I'm sorry to hear about your yard! So far, we've missed the hail. (knock on wood- I want my tomatoes!) I did see a picture from Denver, though, of a plow truck out moving the hail off the road. Wow.

I'm doing better mentally at the moment. Although if my period doesn't show up soon, I'm going to take a pregnancy test to see if I'm carrying the Second Coming. (Having anything from a 30-day cycle to a 60-day cycle was less stressful when I was a virgin.) I had a good day at the barn, and had a lot of fun chatting with the girl that's barn-sitting while the owners are on vacation. Farm girl. You know- sensible.

Yesterday wasn't too terrible food-wise, until night time. Bologna rolls, soda, and cheese puffs. This is why I shouldn't stop at the grocery store after two vodka cranberries at the bar Today, though, (aside from finishing up the cheese puffs) was good. Breakfast was cold steak and crappy coffee with "creamer." Lunch/dinner was a BAS with tuna and the cheese puffs. Oh- there was also a small coke in there, but it was mostly ice. I was dying for a drink!

I've been spending a lot of time with a friend who had gastric bypass surgery. Not that I was inclined to do it before, but now . . . not a chance. She eats small meals, because if she overeats she gets sick- but when she gets hungry it's actually painful. She can't eat and drink at the same time. She may react to a lot of sugar like a diabetic, depending on the day. If she doesn't chew her food enough, it comes back up, because it can't go down. Ugh. Why would someone do that to themselves? (Ok, I kinda get it- her high score was 40# over mine.)

Gastric bypas is no fun and often not a long term solution. I figure I can fast for free. Glad your "head" is a bit better. Now go out and find some trouble to get into! Just 10 minutes of moving can make a difference in your day. Now I need to get my butt outside and take my n advice

My movement today was 45 minutes of dance practice. Most of which was me standing there correcting my partner Eh, well, I'll do more next time.

-Bacon and eggs and plain tea
    - BAS with tuna and cheese
    -Roast beef and cheese rolls and berries

I think instead of my one thing being food- I think my one thing needs to be structure. Out of bed no later than 10 AM, 3 meals a day (preferably primal, but not a requirement), and limiting my crappy tv/youtube. I think none of that until evening. The insides of the day will fluctuate somewhat, but I think that basic structure will serve me well to start.

And finally! Someone who's not telling me to "behave" or "be good"! Because every time I ask why after being told that- I never get a good answer.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    My movement today was 45 minutes of dance practice. Most of which was me standing there correcting my partner Eh, well, I'll do more next time.

-Bacon and eggs and plain tea
    - BAS with tuna and cheese
    -Roast beef and cheese rolls and berries

I think instead of my one thing being food- I think my one thing needs to be structure. Out of bed no later than 10 AM, 3 meals a day (preferably primal, but not a requirement), and limiting my crappy tv/youtube. I think none of that until evening. The insides of the day will fluctuate somewhat, but I think that basic structure will serve me well to start.

And finally! Someone who's not telling me to "behave" or "be good"! Because every time I ask why after being told that- I never get a good answer.
    My mother often tells me to behave..... I always reply that I always "behave", bad is behavior too! Then she chuckles and calls me bad, and I say Yes Ma'am..... cuz you have to be respectful to Mom!