Page 166 of 181 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 166

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Ha! I was wondering if they were actually mirroring real life with that
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I haven't eaten much today, but aside from the double mocha, it was good. And that was a small

I did sleep through yoga again- so . . . Saturday. Yeah, I'll go on Saturday. Since I'm going to the barn tomorrow, I'll have Friday to recover from that, so I'll be more inclined to go And, it would be nice to have a new official weight. The scale at the house is a lot less precise than the one at the gym.

I have a steak that needs to be cooked, but it occurred to me while I was napping this afternoon, that in order to get the slices I want, I needed a sharp knife. So, I sharpened the house knives this evening. I'll cook the steak tomorrow. I like sharpening the knives. It makes me feel . . . functional. Gardening is a very practical skill, but it's one that I still need to do a lot of work on. (My pumpkin is flowering! Yay!) Knife sharpening is something that I've got down pretty well and is also a barterable skill, since most people haven't got a clue. It's good to feel functional.

PMS sucks. I had chocolate and granola today while I was at the cafe writing today. Why? Because my mind was being unreasonable. Because it's that time of the month. Yes, being tired and maybe not eating enough probably played into it, but mostly, I was just being unreasonable. At least I'm getting better at realizing the cause early on so I know not to make any serious decisions.

I'm starting diatomaceous earth. My eczema has started pussing again, and my acne is acting up (partially hormones, but not all) and I am sick to bloody death of my hair falling out the way it is. I'm starting with very small amounts, since it can apparently have a very . . . cleansing effect if it's started in bulk. I've had about a teaspoon spread throughout today. I'll be skipping it on barn days, at least for now, to minimize bathroom runs. Although, it's a little hard to tell if the "must go now" moment earlier today was the DE, the coffee, or because my insides hate me. Any or all of the above is possible.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Aw man, I want a fancy shmancy drink. Worth the sugar headache. I got my "free drink!" email from $tarbucks for my birthday, but it was applied to my card, and I lost my card. It didn't have any balance and it's not worth spending money for a new one to transfer the drink token so poo.

I'll admit, I was interested in the whole DE thing. Or activated charcoal in small amounts. But I'm about to embark on a new regimen of gut supplements so that test is on hold for now. Are your iron levels okay? Low ferritin is what caused my hair to fall out last year or the year before.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Ah, yeah, one trial at a time for you, Wonder! I have no idea what my iron level is, though it's always been ok in the past. Must eat more red meat!

I had a crappy morning despite the horses, so on the way home, I got some chocolate frozen yogurt for lunch. It helped. A lot. C'mon body- new hormones . . . now!

Or- now!

How about now!

Dang it.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    The hot days make it a pain to go to bed early. That always leads to me wanting to seep in a bit. Last night I was awoken at 12:30 by the coyotes in my back yard " singing" and then at 5AM by my meat birds. There was a fox trying to get them. Luckily caught the fox before he stole any! These suckers cost me about $15 ea to raise to harvest and they are about half way now, so I am not sharing! The same fox was after the turkeys a couple of weeks ago but they are too big now. Anybody want to have a little fox hunt in my back yard?

Oh, and good chocolate is an essential food group - this is why we crave it!

Tally Ho! Glad you got to the fox before he got your broilers. There've got to be enough rabbits to keep him fed!

Man, it's been so long since I've had a non day that I forgot exactly how non they are. I pretty much didn't sleep last night- for no apparent reason- and then I slept today away. Food, what there was of it, was crap, and I didn't get most of my supps in. So, yeah, totally non day. However, tomorrow I have plans that will get me up in the morning, and Tuesday is back to horses and dancing, so that'll get me back on the wagon.

This is part of why I'm not sure I want to get a "real" job yet. I don't think I can do it. Pushing myself for horses, and even for running errands for my roommate is good. Horses are physical and good psychologically, and doing errands gives me money and eases me back into doing what I'm told. Showing up at a "job"? That I'm not so sure would be good for me.

It is so hard to recover when we are kinda " broken". First of all, we need to realize it ( I almost never do until I do do some real stupid shit) and then figure out WTH is up! I have always found that working outside (either with animals or dirt) to be key. Then comes good food choices. Give yourself a break. You are on your way back!

The fox came back that night and even though we locked the chicks in a cage, the fox reached in and got one and injured several. I discovered it about 11PM when I went out to cover them from the rain we almost got. At midnight, I was wrapping the cage in wire and other crap. Spent much of the night awake listening for another attack. Hubby rented a live trap and baited it with what was left of the first bird. I think one of our dogs tripped it and then dug a nice hole in the lawn trying to get at the prize. Will be moving trap to our back lot where the dogs can't get it. Want a red fox?

I'll take 'im. If you skin him first

Shouldn't your dogs be protecting the chickens? Or do they need to be kept away from them, too?

Well, yesterday was a loss, but I slept last night, and I woke up with the sun this morning, so that's good. Had the hangover from hell, which is still messing with my stomach, but I guess that's what I get for drinking. Breakfast was bacon and eggs, but I was so nauseous I only ate two of the three eggs. I had a sugary coffee drink and a real-sugar soda while out doing errands for the roommate, and now I'm about to have some granola and yogurt. Not strictly primal, but not so bad, and it does tend to help settle my stomach.

We have a second thunderstorm rolling in for today. We are getting more thunder than rain from these storms, but even a small amount of rain daily is a very good thing. Are you getting any of these storms up in Denver, Mud Flinger?

We finally got some decent rain last night.

Fox came back and whined a lot, but did not take the bait or trip the trap. He was probably mad that e dog was outside and he couldn't try for another juicy chicken. His attack the other night happened while the dogs were snoozing in the house.

How is today going for ya?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like he's clever as a . . . well, you know.

Today is up and down. I wish the irrational hormones would give over so I could move on to blood thirsty, but you just have to wait these things out. The barn was good. I like cleaning stalls, but it was kinda cool that while everyone else was doing that, I was asked to wrap a horse's leg. On my way home from that, I put in some carrot, turnip, and beet seeds. A bit on the late side, but since any of them can be eaten from the time they sprout, it'll work.

Then I went bra shopping. I'm a DD. My current bras are C. The girl at Victoria's Secret tried to put me in a 38 DDD. It . . . fit, but dang! I don't need that much architecture to hold up my boobs! I also don't need to pay $50 for a bra that I hope I don't have to use for long. So, off to Burlington for two bras for $8. Spiffy? No. Better than my old ones? Yes. And hopefully only a temporary measure. Of course, the depressing part of it (aside from bra prices) was that even as a DD, they still don't stick out past my stomach.

Dance class went fairly well, but I started drooping again on the way home. I just got a glass jar at the ARC that I had intended to make sun tea in, but now I'm thinking I should keep looking for a tea jar, and use that one to keep a stash of jerky in my room. I don't want to eat a real meal? Fine. But I have to have my protein. I know I function better when I have it, but I'm almighty lazy when it comes to prepping it. On the up side? I did pick up fruit with my bologna, cheese puffs, and chocolate milk.

Tomorrow is another crack at yoga. I better do it, too, since I am horsing on Saturday.