Page 163 of 180 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1800

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 163

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Well hello . . . *drool*

(Scroll down the page so I can focus)

I discovered two disturbing things today. My right foot hurts after driving for an hour or so because I'm that weak! Ugh. (ok, it's also taking forever to heal from where I twisted it over the winter) And . . . I have cankles. Cankles! WTF! I have obnoxiously narrow heels and similarly small ankles usually. Just . . . gross. (No offense to anyone else who has them, I'm only grossed out by my own, since they shouldn't exist)

On a better note, the horse rescue really likes me. They're very happy with how I handle horses, so I got to be left alone with a couple of horses that needed work. One that needs to learn to be handled period, and the other that needed to be re-accustomed to wearing tack, since his last owners came very close to ruining him with bad saddles and damaging "training" techniques. It's really good for my head to have people trust me that much, and praise me for things that are part of me the way being able to calmly handle a squirrelly horse is part of me. It's also good for my body to be vertical, and walking, and moving in multiple directions. Although I should probably take a little more care about getting crispy every time I go out
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Oh yeah, and I think I figured out the headaches and sleepiness. A budding sinus infection. It seems to be clearing up with Mucinex, so my fingers are crossed that I don't need to go to the dr
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Take some extra C and NAC if you have it to help ward off the crud.

We have been lucky so far here with fires, but the creek behind my house started drying up by the end of the day yesturday. It was flowing again ths AM, but stopped again by this evening. The storms keep passing us by and after today, little chance is expected for a week.

I've been taking C- what's NAC?

According to Joel Salatin, if you have ponds and other things that slow the runoff process of water (ie, your hugelkulture), then it should help to re-start springs and creeks. I hope your creek doesn't fade totally this summer

By the end of dance, my shoulder was killing me from holding my arm up. I blamed it on not having led in forever. (We had twice as many women as men- after I became a man.) On the way home I realized that I'd groomed two-and-a-half horses today, which does work your shoulders some. The pony really only counts as half

What a wonderful work out! My favorite is always doing real work. Need to lift heavy? I have plenty of flag stone to finish laying. Want a walk? Push the lawn mower instead of using the ride on tractor ( I always have grass that needs tending somewhere with 2 acres). Grooming a horse sounds wonderful and dancing just plain fun!

Interesting about the hugel kultur . My wood pile is about 2-3 ft tall now. Lots of tree trimming last weekend and still waiting for my daughter to finish moving more wood. I need to figure out where to get dirt without creating another mess that needs attention in the yard. As for the creek, it dried up for the first time since we moved here (9 yrs) last year so I expect it will again unless we start getting some serious rain( hey - a girl can dream right?).

Any plans to head this way in the near future? And please do contact me if you need to evac. from smoke and fires. We have room, good food and are pet friendly - and free

Thank you for the invite if we get another fire. I hear y'all have one up in southern Denver, now. You're in northern Denver, right? I just heard that we're on year 9 of a "thirteen-year drought." So, four more years of this. Goodie.

I spent my morning on my knees at a client's house and now my ass hurts.

Weeding for that many hours sucks. Even more so when you don't get paid for it right away. I'm sure she will pay me when I come back to finish the job, but, like, I just spent 4.5 hours on your yard- I EARNED IT! And I only quit because my eyes were going funky. Maybe because I'd spent 4.5 hours in your yard in the sun! People.

I didn't eat well yesterday, and it started poorly this morning, but second lunch/early dinner was a huuuuuge salad from Whole Foods. Lots of greens. Enough egg and cheese to keep me full. It was good. I tried to go to yoga yesterday, but my ankle was being pissy, my nose was running like a faucet, and then I had a sneezing fit. After the sneezing fit, I gave up. On my way out, I weighed myself. 270#. So, yeah, that's going the wrong way. *throws my hands up in the air because nothing seems to be going right at the moment*

I'm down south. Ken Caryl basically. When that fire started it was so smokey here that I got all panicked and drove to high points near by to fire spot. No fun at all!

As for he scale, just screw the weight and find your happy and healthy first. I know they are all connected but you know the actions are what lead to success. Let horses do their magic and you'll get there sooner

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I spent my morning on my knees at a client's house and now my ass hurts.
    so many ways to misinterpret this sentence. Must resist urge....

Sounds like allergies and the sun are kicking your butt too. I hope things start going right soon!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

PrimalCon New York
    I would offer to be an evacuee site in return, but I'm not sure my roommate would be ok with a friend of a friend . . . and kids . . . and turkeys . . . and dogs . . . *fingers crossed* that it doesn't come any closer to you than it has.

That's pretty much the plan. If I'm not ok in my head and at least sorta physically healthy (the smoke is so not helping!) then doing anything for vanity would be . . . in vain. But I'm on the right track. I slept like a rock last night, and I am tired after doing the horse thing today, but I'm doing physical things multiple days in a row which I haven't done in a while. Also- blisters suck, but they're the first stage to calluses! Most of my issue with my body is that it's not functional, anyway, so if I can become functional, the weight is just a number.